Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[ENDED 30 June 2018] Elite "Thank You You've Made My Stay" certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2015, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
The Elite Thank You program ended on December 31, 2017. You have until June 30, 2018, to award your Thank You certificates to SPG associates.

A great way to say thanks -

You expect and deserve outstanding service from SPG®. So when an associate goes above and beyond to make your stay, it’s nice to have a special way to express your thanks.

That’s what Elite Thank You certificates are all about. Print yours now to make the day of every deserving SPG associate who receives one.

Remember: All SPG associates and customer care agents are eligible to receive Elite Thank You certificates. Enjoy giving them — and we’ll keep looking for ways to earn them.

From T&C :"however, the certificates cannot be used as a form of bribery or fraud, nor may the certificates be sold in any manner"

Weblink : http://www.spg.com/elitethankyou

Frequently Asked Questions:

What is an Elite Thank You?
It's a certificate that an elite member can use to recognize a Starwood associate who provided outstanding service, whether in person or over the phone.

How do I get Elite Thank You certificates?
Please visit spg.com/elitethankyou to download and print your certificates.

Who is eligible to receive an Elite Thank You?
All Starwood associates in Customer Contact Centers or hotels that participate in the Starwood Preferred Guest® program are eligible, including but not limited to associates at the front desk, reservations line, concierge desk, bellhop service, restaurants, housekeeping, fitness centers, business centers and so forth. To give a certificate over the phone, just tell the associate you'd like to give him or her an Elite Thank You, then provide the unique code on the certificate.

Can I use an Elite Thank You certificate more than once?
No. Each Elite Thank You certificate has a unique code that can be used only once, so it can be given to only one person.

Can I give multiple Elite Thank You certificates to a single person?
Yes.

Can I get more Thank You certificates?
Members are eligible to request certificates when they renew or upgrade their elite status. No additional certificates can be requested.

How long are the Elite Thank You certificates valid?
Please see your certificates for the expiration date.
Print Wikipost

[ENDED 30 June 2018] Elite "Thank You You've Made My Stay" certificates

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by gooselee

I get that they're trying to save on printing/mailing costs, but IME it's going to be at the detriment of hotel employees benefiting from this program.
+1

Really Starwood, what are you doing, slimming down to look more attractive to Marriott?

These certificates are for your employees; maybe you could cut executive compensation by a small fraction of a percentage and make it easier for what are your most frequent guests to recognize your best employees.

(It was not one of your best employees who suggested this bone-headed move)
Old Mar 17, 2016, 11:53 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Sabai
+1

Really Starwood, what are you doing, slimming down to look more attractive to Marriott?

These certificates are for your employees; maybe you could cut executive compensation by a small fraction of a percentage and make it easier for what are your most frequent guests to recognize your best employees.

(It was not one of your best employees who suggested this bone-headed move)
This. I wholly agree.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I HATE how I they won't just mail them. What do they want me to do? Print every single one?

Cheap....[insert expletive]!
I would also like to express my disappointment in the discontinuation of the mailed out certificates. Please consider bringing them back Starwood.

The print at home version looks sketchy and more so after travelling. I fear printing the same certificate twice so I will probably give all 8 to one employee at the end of the year.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 6:32 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by gregv
I would also like to express my disappointment in the discontinuation of the mailed out certificates. Please consider bringing them back Starwood.

The print at home version looks sketchy and more so after travelling. I fear printing the same certificate twice so I will probably give all 8 to one employee at the end of the year.
How do you "fear" printing it twice? Pretty straight forward in my opinion.
Took me all of 90 seconds to print , and that was for all 8, not just one
Old Mar 17, 2016, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by RZR
How do you "fear" printing it twice? Pretty straight forward in my opinion.
Took me all of 90 seconds to print , and that was for all 8, not just one
In my opinion, unlike the mailed out thank you cards, the printouts do not travel well. I would be embarrassed to give out the same certificate twice. If I need to go back and reprint I fear doing this.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 8:16 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
In my opinion, unlike the mailed out thank you cards, the printouts do not travel well. I would be embarrassed to give out the same certificate twice. If I need to go back and reprint I fear doing this.
I agree they do not travel well printed on regular paper. For that reason, I've printed mine on card stock.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 4:45 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Totally agree, I always carried some of the small cards in my suitcase, quite easy..
Old Mar 19, 2016, 8:22 pm

Programs: NH DIA+SFC+1MM; Marriott Titanium; AMEX Plat

Agree^
After a mishap with water on the coffee table , could not give one to an employee. Had to guide him on how to register the certs (address + unique number).....
Old Mar 20, 2016, 4:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Wiki Updated - New Procedures

The Wiki has been updated with the new procedures (printing the certificates instead of receiving them in the mail).
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:36 am

I loaded one on my phone, screen captured and emailed it to the employee during my last stay.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 8:36 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle

Seriously - I find the soft copy to be so much more convenient.

- Save the certs as a single page PDF or as individual ones (PDFs).
- Screenshot the cert you're going to use and thereafter type a comment on the PDF of the hotel/employee name receiving the cert.
- Email screenshot to the employee.
- Having the employee's email allows you to then remember to compliment them on your post-stay survey, thereby giving them additional credit.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
I'm Lifetime Plat and I got one set of them but they expired in December. I'm going to be staying at 4 different Starwood hotels when I go to Greece and I SO wanted to have them. Our printer is broken, so no chance of that. You'd think we'd get new ones for 2016!
Old Mar 24, 2016, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by thaliajen
I'm Lifetime Plat and I got one set of them but they expired in December. I'm going to be staying at 4 different Starwood hotels when I go to Greece and I SO wanted to have them. Our printer is broken, so no chance of that. You'd think we'd get new ones for 2016!
You can email them or maybe print them when at a property?
Old Sep 6, 2016, 6:48 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Plat (earned as Starwood), Canadian Amex Plat & resulting statuses, WestJet Silver
"A Platinum Thank You That Shines"

I received an email yesterday containing the following:
PLATINUM THANK YOU CERTIFICATES: THE MOST GENEROUS WAY TO SAY THANKS FOR EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE.

Travel is in the details. And when all the details are flawlessly delivered, your experience is exceptional. That’s what you expect as a member of our highest tier, and when you see it, you want to recognize it. So here’s a perfectly Platinum opportunity to celebrate those SPG® associates who really deliver — whether it’s a speedy phone reservation, an impeccable dining experience or an extra-efficient check-in.

Go to spg.com/platinumthankyou to download or print your Platinum Thank You Certificates. Present a certificate to any associate anytime you’d like to reward extraordinary service.

And finally, a round of applause to you — for being among the best of our best guests and taking part in this special elite benefit. Enjoy your travels with us.

It's a nice touch, but I found it kind of odd that they expire so soon (December 31, 2016). Wouldn't it make more sense to provide these to guests at the start of the year rather than at the end? I seem to recall the last time I received them, they were physical tickets that came in the mail and they were valid for a lot longer.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 6, 2016, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Thanks for sharing. As usual I didn't get an email from Starwood about this.

I'll definitely print - I like to recognize good service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.