Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

St Regis Buenos Aires scheduled to break ground in 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St Regis Buenos Aires scheduled to break ground in 2011

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K (2MM), Marriott Lifetime Titanium (UGH), Uber Diamond
Just stayed at the Park Tower over the Christmas holiday. It was one of the worst stays in 2014. The Sheraton Mendoza was a much better experience. The Sheraton Rio made the Park Tower look like a Motel 6.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by RafKa
I am not paying anything over $150 for the Park Tower
That's what Cash&Points is for...
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:03 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by SFO_Chad
The Sheraton Rio made the Park Tower look like a Motel 6.
Is that a reflection of how bad the Park Tower was, or how much Sheraton Rio has improved? Just curious as I haven't had a chance to visit post-renovations...
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: UA 1K (2MM), Marriott Lifetime Titanium (UGH), Uber Diamond
Originally Posted by RafKa
Is that a reflection of how bad the Park Tower was, or how much Sheraton Rio has improved? Just curious as I haven't had a chance to visit post-renovations...
I should be clear...this reference is more related to staff than physical structure. Although the Park Tower is very dated in my opinion.

Park Tower: Corner Suite - no welcome amenity, no mention or contact with butler for almost 72 hours, rude check-in staff, incredibly indifferent lounge staff. On day 3, our butler knocked on our door with canapes (the same as those served in the Sheraton lounge)...but did not provide silver wear or napkins and none were in the room. The only pro was the breakfast amenity. We ended up using the lounge in the Sheraton instead and paying for drinks after our first glass of wine and enjoyed the view and friendly staff much more.

Rio: Corner Ocean front suite - Heitor at the front desk was amazing. Our room was not ready, but he gave us drink coupons for the bar and continued to keep in touch and apologize. He confirmed a 7pm check-out even though the Ambassador desk continually mucked up the My24 request. The lounge was crowded, but the staff were spectacular, the drinks strong and frequent and the view was amazing. The patrons were pretty gross though...it was like a free feeding frenzy for some families. The breakfast (and staff) were amazing! The remodel is nice, but the property is still a Sheraton...albeit a pretty one The pool was very crowded, but we were there New Year's Eve week so that was to be expected.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by SFO_Chad
Just stayed at the Park Tower over the Christmas holiday. It was one of the worst stays in 2014. The Sheraton Mendoza was a much better experience. The Sheraton Rio made the Park Tower look like a Motel 6.
I couldn't agree more, on both properties.

I was also at the PT just after Christmas. Maybe we ran into each other, perhaps when looking for some space in the PH "lounge" for pré-dinner drinks .

PT is not up to the standards of the LC. I had a chat with the manager; she was actually quite nice but I'm afraid she hasn't got things under control.

Funny that you did see a butler after 72 hours, I did not see one during our entire stay .

We stayed at the PH right after a stay at the St. Regis NYC. Speaking of a shocking difference .
Old Apr 11, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I guess Starwood never got around to open a St. Regis in Buenos Aires after all?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Project was cancelled in 2012, and an office block currently occupies the site, so I guess the answer is not.

Maybe in 10 years, once the country's economy is fixed... better stick to the Park Hyatt for now.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Thanks for the prompt feed-back Rafka.....

I am planning to go back to BUE after some years of absence. Normally, I would stick to Starwood hotels, but recent reviews have turned me off. So good to hear that the Park Hyatt is still at the top of its game...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.