Status change, how long?

Old Mar 8, 2011, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Hertz 5*
Status change, how long?

Last year I got put on a local project so, I did not re-qualify for platinum status, so I was supposed to drop to gold. However this year, I've been splitting days between 2 clients and got 25 stays on February 17th. However on March 1, I still dropped to Gold. I called SPG and they didn't have a clue what was going on. Anyone know if this is normal to take this long for a status change or in that case my status should not have changed at all? Or is there a certain group I should ask for when calling SPG? I've moved my stays over to Marriott until this is resolved.

TIA

-swps
Old Mar 8, 2011, 10:09 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by swps
Last year I got put on a local project so, I did not re-qualify for platinum status, so I was supposed to drop to gold. However this year, I've been splitting days between 2 clients and got 25 stays on February 17th. However on March 1, I still dropped to Gold. I called SPG and they didn't have a clue what was going on. Anyone know if this is normal to take this long for a status change or in that case my status should not have changed at all? Or is there a certain group I should ask for when calling SPG? I've moved my stays over to Marriott until this is resolved.

TIA

-swps
If the 25 stays (not necessarily nights unless these were all one-nighters) occurred between January 1st and February 17th of this year, you should already be Platinum. If the 25 stays are carried over from anytime prior to January 1st, then your account would downgrade accordingly because status is figured on a calendar year basis rather than a rolling calendar year.

Anyone at SPG customer service should be able to tell you where you stand. Indeed, you could see yourself by logging onto spg.com where it will tell you that you need X number of stays before reaching the next status level.

Of course, as usual, if no one at SPG customer service can seem to sort it all out for you, you can always send me your SPG account number and I can have someone look into it further.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker; Mar 8, 2011 at 11:03 am
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
If the 25 stays (not necessarily nights unless these were all one-nighters) occurred between January 1st and February 17th of this year, you should already be Platinum. If the 25 stays are carried over from anytime prior to January 1st, then your account would downgrade accordingly because status is figured on a calendar year basis rather than a rolling calendar year.

Anyone at SPG customer service should be able to tell you where you stand. Indeed, you could see yourself by logging onto spg.com where it will tell you that you need X number of stays before reaching the next status level.

Of course, as usual, if no one at SPG customer service can seem to sort it all out for you, you can always send me your SPG account number and I can have someone look into it further.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
All the stays were this year, none were rolled over. Like I said last year I worked a local project which was nice, since it was the first time in 10 years I've slept in my own bed for any length of time.

When I log in, it shows I have 0 nights left to reach Platinum.

I'm going to email you my SPG number since I called again, and they just told me to wait as they don't know what's going on.

Thanks!
-swps

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.