Search

Sheraton Framingham, MA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2011, 3:24 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: SPG Plat, Delta GM/Reserve
Question Sheraton Framingham, MA

Apologies for posting a new thread, but I couldn't find one for the Sheraton Framingham, Massachusetts. Does anyone (particularly other Platinums) have any recent experiences to share? I have a stay there next week (which could be the first of many) so I wanted to get any information and insights. Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 24, 2011, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Zephyr221
Apologies for posting a new thread, but I couldn't find one for the Sheraton Framingham, Massachusetts. Does anyone (particularly other Platinums) have any recent experiences to share? I have a stay there next week (which could be the first of many) so I wanted to get any information and insights. Thanks in advance!

This is all I could find and it's not much.
Trapped in Elevator - Sheraton Framingham

I would avoid the joint!
Old Jan 24, 2011, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ml#post8384491

I am not a fan, even after the refurbishment of ~ three years ago. Unless I really needed stays for Starwood Plat, or found the location exceptionally convenient (at Bose routinely) I would keep looking.

Last edited by 3Cforme; Jan 24, 2011 at 5:38 pm
Old Jan 24, 2011, 4:25 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Stayed there last Sept. and agree with what's said above. It's an older, poorly designed hotel with lots of problems (elevators, as noted above, being one issue). The castle look is very dated, too. Their one perk is that they have a club lounge for plats.

Unless you need stay credits to hit plat next year or are going for a free nights promo, though, I'd stay away. I'd only go back there if Starwood runs a free nights promo...

Bottom line: Better than the Sheraton Hartford (worst Sheraton, IMO) but on par with the recently-demolished Sheraton Braintree.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I was in the area for well over a year and stayed there several dozen times. It has a great gym downstairs, but isn't much to write home about other than that. I would hop back and forth when there were promos, but would rather stay at the Westin, another Sheraton in the area, or the local Marriott otherwise.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 8:04 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: SPG Plat, Delta GM/Reserve
Thanks everyone!
Old Jan 10, 2012, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
I should have looked here first! Service at checkin almost seemed to think I was secondary to his phone call. Bothered by questions, he was in no hurry to help me. I went to the sundry area, looked through the selection trying to find a diet soda to no avail. Asking if there were other options, the FD said no, sorry. I then asked if there was a club lounge, yes. Asked if there was diet soda, he said, I dunno? Not about to go out of his way to offer to bring one to my room.

Definitely pass this hotel right by.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:57 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by atxtraveler
I should have looked here first! Service at checkin almost seemed to think I was secondary to his phone call. Bothered by questions, he was in no hurry to help me. I went to the sundry area, looked through the selection trying to find a diet soda to no avail. Asking if there were other options, the FD said no, sorry. I then asked if there was a club lounge, yes. Asked if there was diet soda, he said, I dunno? Not about to go out of his way to offer to bring one to my room.

Definitely pass this hotel right by.

Yeah, well, if you expect good service in Boston, good luck with that.

I stayed in fall 2007. Agree the property was very dated and trite, although from afar it's got a nice curb appeal.

One more thing: Review directions to and from the property very very thoroughly. If you miss any turns you'll be driving for miles looking to turn around.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
This was one of the hotels I used during the double stays/nights promo at the end of 2009 in order to gain PLT for the first time. While I actually stayed the night when Aloft or Element in Lexington was cheapest, this was the place I checked into and left to sleep at home in my condo when it was cheapest. What a pit.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:26 am

Anyone have anything good to say about this place? We'd like to spend some holiday time in and around Boston this summer. The modern 'glass & steel' buildings downtown, and even the suburbs, don't have a lot of appeal to us. We're considering the Liberty, but I want to consider other options before paying four times the price.

Cheers,
Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:32 am

Good, not great

Have been staying at this hotel since October due to work. Clean rooms and staff is friendly. If you have to be out in Natick or Framingham, this place is probably your best bet. The gym is great. Restaurants onsite are decent. Parking is free which is hard to find in Boston. They also have a free Shuttle which will take you roughly 15 minutes to/from the place. Overall not a bad value when you need SPG stays.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Flews
Anyone have anything good to say about this place? We'd like to spend some holiday time in and around Boston this summer. The modern 'glass & steel' buildings downtown, and even the suburbs, don't have a lot of appeal to us. We're considering the Liberty, but I want to consider other options before paying four times the price.

Cheers,
Understanding your rejection of modern, the Element in Lexington is still a better choice than the Sheraton Framingham, even if the Sheraton is half the price.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
From my limited experience in Boston:

Location is everything. Figure out what attractions you want to visit, and plan around that.

It's a significant drive from Framingham into Boston. I would be surprised if you can get a shuttle into Boston for free or for cheap, and that commute will really eat into your holiday time.

Cheers
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flews

Cheers,
I stayed there 1 time when I was attending a show in South Boston on aSun night.Its apx a 1/2 hr drive when there is no traffic.

Its not a place Id stay at if my intent was to be in DownTown Boston everyday. If you have to be in the city 1 day then maybe but more then that its too far away IMO or at a Hotel where its walkable to the subway/trams. Having to shuttle to a station and wait for pickup when returning is something Id avoid if I could
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:43 am

Very helpful insights so far, thanks.

Cheers,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.