Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Westin Ubud Resort & Spa, Bali, Indonesia - LATEST Opening Date: March, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Ubud Resort & Spa, Bali, Indonesia - LATEST Opening Date: March, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2014, 1:59 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
spg.com : THE WESTIN UBUD RESORT & SPA - OPENING DECEMBER 1, 2014
Old Jun 29, 2014, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Why bother posting dates? Seems they never pan out.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 8:07 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Well, updated information is always a good thing.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 8:28 pm

Update: Early 2015
Old Aug 19, 2014, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
Just went by the property a few days back. Crappy location, in my view, nothing within walking distance. Komaneka resorts are excellent if you want to be closer to things. I'm as loyal as they come, but I'm happy to ignore SPG whilst in Ubud. Ps - greetings from W Seminyak.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 7:01 am

Source? Hotel website still says December 1, 2014.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by silentbob1974
Source? Hotel website still says December 1, 2014.
snr hotel management
Old Sep 8, 2014, 10:29 am

Website now says September 1, 2015.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 8:28 pm

After watching the opening dates being pushed back for the past two years, we finally gave up and came to Ubud, staying at the Viceroy. While at Nusa Dua, I asked one of the department managers at the St. Regis about all the delays at the Ubud Westin. He told me that there are litigation issues with some of the locals about the hotel destroying the countryside, and in his view, the Westin will never open. I know it is a rumor, but it can explain why almost nothing has happened with progress on this site over the past 2 years. Perhaps William or one of his colleagues has more information on the source of these delays. (Some very large new hotels in Nusa Dua were completed in far less time than this property has been under construction, so one cannot say construction does not happen quickly in Bali).
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
New opening date - June 1, 2016
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:06 am

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, DL
Originally Posted by freeloader
New opening date - June 1, 2016
Ridiculous. To think I almost believed them when they emailed me saying they should be open in time for my honeymoon 08/2014.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Just went by the property a few days back. Crappy location, in my view, nothing within walking distance. Komaneka resorts are excellent if you want to be closer to things. I'm as loyal as they come, but I'm happy to ignore SPG whilst in Ubud. Ps - greetings from W Seminyak.
I've never gotten this perspective... Why would someone leave NY, London, Tokyo, HK, etc and go to Bali only to be "right in the middle of the action?" I go there to be *off* the grid... in fact the less that's in walking distance, the better.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by DC777Fan
I've never gotten this perspective... Why would someone leave NY, London, Tokyo, HK, etc and go to Bali only to be "right in the middle of the action?" I go there to be *off* the grid... in fact the less that's in walking distance, the better.
It's all relative, I suppose. I'm not advocating staying on Monkey Forest, but there are plenty of great resorts and villas around Ubud that deliver that "middle of nowhere" feeling that still are, in fact, a pleasant 10-15 stroll from the thick of things. I respect the pursuit of an "off the grid" feeling...but then why stay in a hotel/resort like this in the first place? Sounds like you'd be better off in a villa then mingling with other guests, honeymooners, etc.

Frankly, Pemuteran is where we like to head to really get away from it all. We've stayed at some nicely remote places there. Great sunsets if you grab a private villa right on the beach. Each year Ubud is more and more built up. Candi Dasa is still reasonably sleepy, though not like it was in the 90s.

Good luck in your Balinese travel. Respectfully, Jamie
Old Jan 15, 2015, 12:28 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by DC777Fan
I've never gotten this perspective - Why would someone go *off* the grid when they are used to hustle and bustle of city life? Seems like an extreme change.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 11:20 pm

Website still says opening June 1, 2016.

That's less than 4-months from now. Will they make it?

If so, when will they start to take bookings?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.