Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Westin Ubud Resort & Spa, Bali, Indonesia - LATEST Opening Date: March, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Ubud Resort & Spa, Bali, Indonesia - LATEST Opening Date: March, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2016, 11:58 pm

Website has been updated:

THE WESTIN UBUD RESORT & SPA - OPENING DECEMBER 31, 2016
Old Aug 21, 2016, 2:47 am

The Westin Ubud Resort & Spa - Opening June 1, 2017
Old Aug 21, 2016, 3:50 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Mangus
The Westin Ubud Resort & Spa - Opening June 1, 2017
This property must be a contender for most delayed opening of all time. It'll probably open as a Marriott...
Old Apr 30, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Surprisingly the hotel opening has been delayed again

March 1, 2018
Old May 4, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by freeloader
Surprisingly the hotel opening has been delayed again

March 1, 2018
Oh dear
Old May 4, 2017, 8:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
For those keeping score at home, this property was originally slated for a 4th quarter of 2012 opening.
Old May 5, 2017, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
I went to Bali quite a few times and often thought about staying for a part of my stay in Ubud, but was waiting for the Westin to open. I put an end to this and booked 4 nights at the Kupu Kupu Barong Villas & Tree Spa.

As a matter of fact, none of our nights in the island will be at a Starwood or Marriott property. We are giving up the generous benefits, that we have been getting for years, under the Ambassador status, to "discover" and probably to stay at better hotels.

Consequently, I might loose the status, which I am not sure will still exist next year.
Anyway, I am almost certain that I can live without it.
Old May 5, 2017, 10:16 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by UASPG
I put an end to this and booked 4 nights at the Kupu Kupu Barong Villas & Tree Spa.
Please let us know how it goes. I'm with you in that I like having the perks, like CL lounge, breakfast and a suite UG, but I've recently started moving to some local hotels. I am planning to go back to Bali and wanted to actually stay a few days in Ubud and then on to the North Shore. I'm anxious to hear how your stay goes.
Old May 6, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Please let us know how it goes. I'm with you in that I like having the perks, like CL lounge, breakfast and a suite UG, but I've recently started moving to some local hotels. I am planning to go back to Bali and wanted to actually stay a few days in Ubud and then on to the North Shore. I'm anxious to hear how your stay goes.
We booked a pool villa, so the suite upgrade is not an issue and the breakfast is included. This being said, the Westin would have cost quite a bit less.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Our stay at the Kupu Kupu Barong Villas & Tree Spa only lasted a day - no chance to go see the Westin progress.

The district was doing some construction on the river so the river view was obviously not as scenic as it is supposed to be and the noise made the stay not so peaceful, to say the least.

The pest spray on the early evening made our villa's floor an insect's cemetery, including a tiger mosquito.

I don't think that we would go back, even without the construction.

The hotel agreed to refund us the next 3 prepaid nights, so we moved to the IC Jimbaran. Very nice beach and great upgrade to a Club suite.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:11 pm

What happened to this property? It's gone from SPG website.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:52 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Looks like it's now an Element?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:14 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by shuuy
Looks like it's now an Element?
IIRC, it's 2 diffrerent property.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:24 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Womp, bye bye Westin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.