Starwood Hotels for Honeymoon???

Old Jan 20, 2011, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Starwood Hotels for Honeymoon???

I am looking to find which hotels in Europe for a honeymoon. We are flying into Rome for 3-4 nights then going on a cruise for 10 nights, then taking a flight to a destination yet to be determined in Europe. What other countries are worth going to for a honeymoon with nice starwood properties. Thanks for your help!
Old Jan 20, 2011, 6:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Exclamation

Originally Posted by hoyafan100
I am looking to find which hotels in Europe for a honeymoon. We are flying into Rome for 3-4 nights then going on a cruise for 10 nights, then taking a flight to a destination yet to be determined in Europe. What other countries are worth going to for a honeymoon with nice starwood properties. Thanks for your help!
Have you done a search using the word "honeymoon"? There are quite a few honeymoon threads.

Here is a thread FROM A FEW MONTHS AGO to get you started
Honeymoon european trip

Old Jan 21, 2011, 1:19 am
Community Director Emerita

This might get you thinking about potential destinations:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...roperties.html
Old Jan 21, 2011, 7:48 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
We stayed at both Starwood properties in Santorini, Vedema and Mystique, during our honeymoon. Fantastic service at both places. Vedema was a good location for someone like my husband who wanted to go out and explore the locale. They had daily shuttle service to the town of Fira and the beach. Mystique was better for someone like me who likes to put on the hotel robe and nap on the balcony facing the water. Mystique worked for my husband as well since it's located right at the edge of the town of Oia. We loved Greece and our Starwood experience so much, we're going back this summer to stay at the Starwood properties in Mykonos and Crete. We've heard great things about those resorts as well (I forget their names but they are well discussed on here).
Old Jan 21, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: Starwood and NWA Plat
Anywhere in London is great! I like the Park Lane area....
Old Jan 22, 2011, 7:53 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Southwest A List, United Silver, Jumeirah One Silver, Marriott Silver
2 nights of my honeymoon were in the Venice E&R and it was terrific. Mentioned it was our honeymoon and received a canal view room and a bottle of wine and chocolates while only a gold and on an award reservation.

Would recommend Grande Bretagne in Athens for its service and location as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.