Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2010, 9:15 am
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Awww....now I'm hurt....
BTW Tak, have you stayed at any Four Points in Asia? The Four Points in Shenzen is easily a 4.5 or 5 star in the US.
Oops, sorry

I am thinking...............
Maybe, no!
Only Four points I stayed outside of USA was Sydney.
Even in the USA, I stayed at Four Points mostly near airports for only one night stay.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 9:17 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by saad
...managed to use my spg 50 certificate & get a rate of thb 3,100 per night for 5 nights....a saving of over thb 10,500 according to the agent who made the booking....
forgot my SPG50 Certificate at home
Old Dec 3, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by seanthepilot

With the current rates, the 4Pts seems to offer good value. I would caution againts higher rates, but I guess occupancy will decide rates, not a pleading from guests. However, if the hotel does maintain high occupancy, I would encourage them to maintain points and cash and points availability. Since, after 95% occupancy, even points rooms will generate full revenue from SPG, it would be a win-win situation for both guests and owners.
Sean,
While I know we all would love to see low rates as well as cash and points options you in essence answered yourself by saying occupancy will decide where they go from here. I mean our opinions won't mean diddly unless they aren't booking at their rates then they will wonder why and that is where FT can help. If they are going to sell out at 2700 bahts then that is what they will price it at.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
IMHO there are way too many quality full service hotels in Bangkok at very reasonable prices to stay at 4P.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
How much does the breakfast buffet cost? I currently have 3 nights reserved under the 4 Feel Good Reasons rate of 2500 Baht, which includes breakfast for two (there will be two of us). The 1900 Baht rate is available for the same nights, so I might change to that rate plan depending on the price of the buffet. Can someone who is there now please check the buffet price for me? Thanks.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2mm, AA Platinum- 2mm, Starwood Lifetime Platinum (Ambassador)
Originally Posted by Richard1148
How much does the breakfast buffet cost? I currently have 3 nights reserved under the 4 Feel Good Reasons rate of 2500 Baht, which includes breakfast for two (there will be two of us). The 1900 Baht rate is available for the same nights, so I might change to that rate plan depending on the price of the buffet. Can someone who is there now please check the buffet price for me? Thanks.
I know that this might sound crazy, but I'd take the cheaper rate and walk outside the hotel and have a authentic Thai street food breakfast for about 40B. I am known to do this even when at the SGS which has one of the set breakfasts around.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i enquired about this earlier....it's thb 650 per person....
Old Dec 3, 2010, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by saad
i enquired about this earlier....it's thb 650 per person....
Thanks. I keep the 4FGR rate then. It also give me 4 beers.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 12:56 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
We were quoted Baht 650++ per person for breakfast. Although the 4P BKK's breakfast is great, I personally wouldn't pay that high price for breakfast in Bangkok but I wouldn't cancel my booking at this point either.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 1:53 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Anyone know the best way to get to the hotel using public transport from BKK? Airport Train? What stop, etc? I know the hotel website lists stops for various options, but I can't tell which is the most efficient one.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Kalboz
We were quoted Baht 650++ per person for breakfast.
That's about the same price as SGS. From your pix, Kalboz, Looks to me like SGS is worlds better. That said, your pix show a breakfast which completely blows away any 4P around here.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by zakami
Anyone know the best way to get to the hotel using public transport from BKK? Airport Train? What stop, etc? I know the hotel website lists stops for various options, but I can't tell which is the most efficient one.
Take a taxi from the official taxi stand at BKK ... it costs 300-400 baht including tools and tip which is about $10-14 depending on the traffic and save yourself the hassles of taking the BKK express train ... this is just my opinion.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
For Taxi's to the hotel here is the Thai translation which in English reads

Sukhumvit soi 15 - Hotel Four Points

สุขุมวิทซอย 15 -- โรงแรมโฟร์พอยท์

I must say if they are charging 650++ for breakfast that is extortionate.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 3:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
I must say if they are charging 650++ for breakfast that is extortionate.
Since you are free to say no, it isn't.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 5:16 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by Kalboz
forgot my SPG50 Certificate at home
Call SPG customer service and you can buy an electronic one for 1000 Starpoints and use it immediately while making the booking with the same agent or have it wait in your account.

Originally Posted by holtju2
IMHO there are way too many quality full service hotels in Bangkok at very reasonable prices to stay at 4P.
What services are you looking for that aren't provided by this property?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.