Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG Convention Room Reservation and Points on SPG Amex

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles

I've booked an event at a SPG property. The sales director agreed to give me 1 pt per $1 (up to 100K points) -- as opposed to the standard 3 pt / $1 with a 20K max.

Now my question is, can I charge the payments to my SPG amex and get the additional 2 points / $1 from AMEX as well. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by autospy
can I charge the payments to my SPG amex and get the additional 2 points / $1 from AMEX as well. Anyone have any experience with this?
As long as the charge is posted by the hotel, you should be OK. That's all that Amex looks at.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
As long as the charge is posted by the hotel, you should be OK. That's all that Amex looks at.
wow fantastic. Anyone else with experience with this? I'll have a $50K/$70K balance to pay these folks...I want to make sure I get all the points. I'll be paying that balance in installments over the course of 6 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.