Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Element Omaha Midtown Crossing [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Element Omaha Midtown Crossing [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:55 pm

Next time I drive by I'll look for it. It was supposed to be late Nov. Grey Plume is now open.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Stayed here again over New Years. Seems like they've opened up another floor of rooms, but I can't tell if all the floors are open now. They are now charging again $8 per car each day for parking. They put a new box on the exit of the parking garage where you should be able to swipe your room key to get out, yet for some reason it didn't work for me. If you plan on parking and not needing to leave more than once... the parking garage only charges $6 for a lost ticket.

Front desk service seems to be hit or miss. Had one guy at night seem like his phone call to a friend talking about his recent shopping was more important then hanging up the phone to help out a guest. Management is non-existant after 5pm and on the weekends. It actually took them 5 days to call me back on being overcharged for my room.

I still think for the money it's a great value for the area and the other people working at the hotel are very friendly. The one kink I've found in each room I've stayed in is that on the night stand there is a lamp, clock, and cordless phone w/ charger... but yet there is only 2 plugs.. so the cordless phone was dead.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
I still think for the money it's a great value for the area and the other people working at the hotel are very friendly. The one kink I've found in each room I've stayed in is that on the night stand there is a lamp, clock, and cordless phone w/ charger... but yet there is only 2 plugs.. so the cordless phone was dead.
I was their monday and had to move the alarm clock next to the phone. Having the alarm next to the wall is to far away for me. Overall it was a decent hotel for the money. The Gym was a lot better then I thought it would be.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:43 pm

I've eaten at the Grey Plume twice recently and would highly recommend it. It's instantly one of the best restaurants in Omaha, It's right across the street from Marcus Cinema,
Old Sep 19, 2011, 2:31 pm

Element Omaha

Stayed here two nights this last weekend (friday and saturday). I thought the hotel was very nice. Parking charge was $8, but I was always able to park close to the entrance of the garage, so minimal walking. Stayed in a room facing dodge street on the 7th floor, I personally didn't have a problem with it, but i am the type that likes some kind of noise to fall asleep, so it was not a bother for me and i didn't notice it. Free breakfast in the morning was nice, some ham and egg wraps, yogurt, donuts, breads to toast, etc. Didn't check out the gym. If you are staying long term, it is nice with full size fridge, plates, glasses, utensils, stove, microwave and toaster. One thing i didn't like was the "rain" shower...this is simply a personal preference, i prefer a shower with more power. I think the TV setup (studio suite) could be a little better as well...with the stools there and a place to sit and eat, you can't watch TV (don't we all want to watch TV while we eat in the hotel room?). TV Picture was one of the better ones i've seen in any hotel room, so that was nice to watch some football on. Overall, I will definitely stay here again without thinking twice about it...i'm sure if you wanted to walk a little, you could find some free parking if you are bothered by the parking fee.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
I'm completing a 2 night stay today, the hotel is very nice. They are charging $8 per night charge, I was not able to research any cheaper options, so I'm going with it. It's $116 per night AAA rate for me this week, though I couldn't book it until wednesday, prior to that the hotel was unavailable for any booking on spg.com. I'm in one of the smaller king rooms, not facing Dodge st, but facing the evening sun, but no big deal. Nice manager's reception in the evening with the most important free beer/wine. Breakfast is free too, but underwhelming unless you are a carb fanatic. The breakfast "burritos" are not good.

The parking is great, if you pay for parking, park on the 2nd floor by the entrance, and there's no more than a 100 ft walk to the elevators, or the nice grocery store there.

The fitness center is great for this level of hotel, I used it daily. New equipment, and multiple treadmill/bicycle/elliptical's.

The room service is provided by Crave which I didn't try.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 11:45 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Looks like no recent reviews, so I thought I would add one. I love the look and feel of Aloft, but this was my first experience with Element.

Pros:
Co-located with restaurants, a grocery store, and lots of retail spots
Great rate--more affordable than Magnolia
Excellent, free hot breakfast for all guests
Rental bikes in lobby
Airport-style self-serve luggage carts make things a lot easier
$8 in/out covered parking felt very safe
Kitchenette would be a nice touch for those doing extended stays
Great shower / bathroom
Felt very clean and well-kept

Cons:
Clunky access from the garage to the hotel
Rooms on Dodge are loud--think Sturgis (ask for "away from Dodge)
No lounge or bar in hotel (but not needed since you're in Midtown Crossing)
Old Sep 5, 2014, 5:29 pm

Good second stay here, 2 for 2 on platinum suite upgrades at the property. No pool. Free street parking on the road directly across from from the hotel driveway
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:00 pm

Programs: Free Agent
This is a nice hotel 10 minutes from the aiport, and in a great location (in Midtown – lots of great restaurants and bars). Staff are super friendly, and to the best of my knowledge, offer a hot breakfast to all guests. My room itself was pretty much a really clean studio apartment. Fridge, stove, kitchenware, etc. While compact, it’s a really nice layout and well organized. There’s a spacious and modern work desk with easy to access power plugs. Due to the acoustics of the room, the refridgerator seemed really loud from my bed. My room faced the courtyard, and I could clearly hear road noise, but it wasn’t that bad, especially at night. As the hotel is green, you don’t get bottled water in your room; just get it from the water dispensing tap in the sink.

There’s a spacious gym equipped with anything you need, along with a laundry room. Parking in the adjacent garage is $8/day with unlimited in and out privileges. Hint: ask the receptionist for a free cocktail voucher for Grane (a whisky bar). This was my first stay in an Element, and I was pretty impressed!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
When I was there earlier this year they also offered bikes available to guests. I took a nice bike ride toward the west along some of Omaha's excellent bike paths.

Transport downtown is very easy using the public bus which stops next to the hotel and directly downtown in a very minutes.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 8:07 am

Element was quite costly while I was in town, 159/nt plus the parking charge. The Element in Denver had a nicer dinner service, and only because they served more warm food options.

Other than that, the hotel had a generous evening reception with free alcohol/snacks. The rooms were what you expect, which is an Element room.

The one benefit I am definitely realizing in the Element hotel chain is that they are super consistent, from bedding, to room style/layout, to the bathrooms. They are all newer.

The shower heads are the low-flow shower heads. Some people dislike these.

I would maybe stay here again if the price were right. If work brings you to Omaha for the west side of town, this property and the Hyatt Place are not convenient, as you will spend 30min/day commuting. I might like the Hyatt Place more, due to its location to the Old Market/Town. The Hyatt for me was pricing out nearly $70/nt cheaper than the Element as well. I definitely don't think the price of the Element justifies the additional cost.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by factory81
I would maybe stay here again if the price were right. If work brings you to Omaha for the west side of town, this property and the Hyatt Place are not convenient, as you will spend 30min/day commuting. I might like the Hyatt Place more, due to its location to the Old Market/Town. The Hyatt for me was pricing out nearly $70/nt cheaper than the Element as well. I definitely don't think the price of the Element justifies the additional cost.
You can always stay at the dumpy Sheraton over on the west side of town! I'd rather commute . I've actually been staying at the Hyatt Place a lot more due to the reasons you mentioned. Price tends to be lower, and there are more restaurants in walking distance in the Old Market.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.