Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Tribeca New York [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Tribeca New York [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Don't do it for a junior suite. The window looks into what seems like an airshaft and the room itself isn't particularly attractive, nor does it have a good floor plan.
Agreed. And this isn't really a hotel to spend much time in, regardless. The location is good, and the view from the lounge is great. Take the high floor as a plat and call it a win.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Don't do it for a junior suite. The window looks into what seems like an airshaft and the room itself isn't particularly attractive, nor does it have a good floor plan.
+1. The junior suite is really pretty craptastic. It was nice once when I had the kids with me and needed the space. Otherwise I go for a standard room with a nice view. Never gotten a terrace or any other sort of improved room in 5 stays there. Usually they give me something terrible and when I ask for an upgrade they offer the (very) junior suite.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by CLEguy
Agreed. And this isn't really a hotel to spend much time in, regardless. The location is good, and the view from the lounge is great. Take the high floor as a plat and call it a win.
Thanks all for your input. Watch, this time I'll get a room type UG without a view

I like the location, I like the hotel. What I don't like is Walking down Canal Street, knocking every door ......
Old Jan 14, 2015, 5:52 pm

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
Super location. Within two blocks of two major subway routes-the E in from JFK and the routes uptown along the westside of Central Park. Newish hotel. The views from each side of the hotel could not be more distinct. One looks out over Chinatown with a brief glimpse of the Queensborough bride while the north side has a dramatic view of the traditional Manhattan skyline.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:56 pm

Good deal on 3 night stays now until June. Thursday or Friday arrival.
Use code Z3H. I see rates of $113 to $152 per night when checking several weekends.
Prepaid/no cancel/no refunds.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis PC, Hertz PC
stayed here for 1 night after a 4 night stay at the westin times square. night and day. and in a good way. the staff at the sheraton were super friendly, i got an advance email from them thanking me for my loyalty, an upgrade to a corner room which is probably the best you can hope for in a US starwood property. the breakfast in the club lounge was very comprehensive- hot food with bacon, eggs, some surprisingly good hash browns

westin times square on the other hand were content to nickle and dime me for everything- wouldn't even print a boarding pass for me, insisting i had to use the (paid) business centre. they took forever to respond to simple requests to fix a light.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 10:15 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Not a bad place to watch the NYC July 4th fireworks from!

We got up to the deck around 8PM and had our choice of seats to just hang out and read. By 8:45 it started to get a bit busy there, so we headed towards the NE corner of the deck, and by showtime at 9:30 there was a good crowd, but all got great views of the Fireworks displays from higher up on the East River. The show from the Brooklyn Bridge was mostly blocked from view by the post office building.

We did book Club Level to make sure we'd have access to the deck, don't know if they were restricting access or not.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Very underwhelmed with recent one-night stay. Was originally pre-blocked into the junior suite, but upon (very late) checkin, was moved to a club room on the 21st floor. Turns out to be one of the two rooms at the end of the hall with a view of the neighboring building, and was incredibly tiny. Definitely underwhelming, even for NYC.

Club lounge did not have eggs on the breakfast buffet--just lots of carbs. Inquired and was offered a voucher for the breakfast buffet downstairs. Went there and found an even more depressing spread in the tiny restaurant. While it is true there were eggs, but otherwise there was shockingly less variety than in the club lounge.

Great location and the staff was friendly enough, though.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Just completed a stay this hotel and Sheraton Time Square as well.

I would not say it's underwhelming but the room is really really small(probably the same as Shearton Hong Kong's tiny little room). I can't even unfold a large luggage. TV in the room is the smallest I've seen at a hotel and the desk could only have two laptops working side by side.

Staff was extremely friendly here - first time ever in a NA SPG hotel I had a staff explained to me why an upgrade was not available.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, UAL Premier, SPG Plat, HH Gold
The Lounge here has gone way downhill. Quality of the food a few weeks ago had declined precipitously - no hot eggs, and cheaper pastries
Old Jan 13, 2016, 5:35 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
another good rate for Sheraton Tribeca

Originally Posted by gregv
Good deal on 3 night stays now until June. Thursday or Friday arrival.
Use code Z3H. I see rates of $113 to $152 per night when checking several weekends.
Prepaid/no cancel/no refunds.
The great rates ($113, Thursday & Fridays this month) are back on spghotescapes:

http://www.spghotescapes.com/en/prop...d-Availability
Old Jan 21, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, UAL Premier, SPG Plat, HH Gold
An update on the food in the lounge. They now have protein in the form of eggs and sausage, although it's a small amount in ill-conceived serving dishes. They also have a waffle maker! Hello Hampton Inn! The quality of the croissants is still meh, and they have cheap jelly.

So some progress, but not as good as it used to be
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:21 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Waffle Maker was there last time we were there (4th of July weekend)
Old Jan 24, 2016, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Props to this hotel. Above and beyond for a memorable stay.

I've stayed here probably a half dozen times. I typically receive a tiny room on a high floor with a great view. As my stays here are solo, it is just fine, as the staff has always been hospitable, the club lounge is acceptable, and the location is great.

My trip here was several hours delayed, so I arrived late. When I landed, I saw my room was going to be special per the SPG app. When I arrived, they were happy to see me, told me that because it was my 500th night, I had the best suite in the house, there were goodies in the room, and an extra goodie in the key packet. When I needed to extend the stay because of flight cancellations, I expected to have to pay more for the following night and move my room. Nope - same rate, same room!

I really didn't expect anything special for my 500th night, nor that the hotel would even know about it. Instead, most of the desk staff knows who I am, and while my subsequent stays will likely never be in the suite again, I wont forget this past stay.

While I hesitated to post this because it might give unrealistic expectations for another guest who might be hitting 500 nights, clearly someone was looking, noticed, and made an ordinary stay into an extraordinary one.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 6:55 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Props to this hotel. Above and beyond for a memorable stay.

I've stayed here probably a half dozen times. I typically receive a tiny room on a high floor with a great view. As my stays here are solo, it is just fine, as the staff has always been hospitable, the club lounge is acceptable, and the location is great.

My trip here was several hours delayed, so I arrived late. When I landed, I saw my room was going to be special per the SPG app. When I arrived, they were happy to see me, told me that because it was my 500th night, I had the best suite in the house, there were goodies in the room, and an extra goodie in the key packet. When I needed to extend the stay because of flight cancellations, I expected to have to pay more for the following night and move my room. Nope - same rate, same room!

I really didn't expect anything special for my 500th night, nor that the hotel would even know about it. Instead, most of the desk staff knows who I am, and while my subsequent stays will likely never be in the suite again, I wont forget this past stay.

While I hesitated to post this because it might give unrealistic expectations for another guest who might be hitting 500 nights, clearly someone was looking, noticed, and made an ordinary stay into an extraordinary one.
^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.