Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Tribeca New York [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Tribeca New York [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2011, 11:50 am

Programs: AA,Platinum AmEx, SPG Gold,WN CP
Just made a reservation here for the last week of May for my father and myself. It will be our first time to NY. How good is the location for first timers to the city trying to take in all the main attractions? We hope to utilize the subway as much as possible.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by normandy7
Just made a reservation here for the last week of May for my father and myself. It will be our first time to NY. How good is the location for first timers to the city trying to take in all the main attractions? We hope to utilize the subway as much as possible.
If you're going to use the subway, you can be (almost) anywhere in Manhattan and hit all the "must see" attractions.

It's on Canal Street and practically on top of the A/C/E subway station. Canal street is a local stop for most subway lines and the hotel is within a 5 minute walk to every line with exception to the Sixth Avenue line.

You'll be fine.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat

Originally Posted by KENNECTED
If you're going to use the subway, you can be (almost) anywhere in Manhattan and hit all the "must see" attractions.

It's on Canal Street and practically on top of the A/C/E subway station. Canal street is a local stop for most subway lines and the hotel is within a 5 minute walk to every line with exception to the Sixth Avenue line.

You'll be fine.
You are literally at the edge of Chinatown and Little Italy, 2 must-see places in Manhattan. Awesome food too ^
Old Feb 28, 2011, 4:49 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by sapguy
You are literally at the edge of Chinatown and Little Italy, 2 must-see places in Manhattan. Awesome food too ^
+1

The best food in the city!^^^
Old Feb 28, 2011, 5:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt, AA, SPG
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Bonecrusher
+1

The best food in the city!^^^
I keep telling people that there is no decent food above 59th St.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by onfillmore
I keep telling people that there is no decent food above 59th St.

Really??? I hope that was a joke.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 8:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by KENNECTED

Really??? I hope that was a joke.
Sorry, my apologies....its 58th St (Tao) where it ends

I eat regularly when in NYC at Hale & Hearty which is good but theres no way I would venture up to 125th to eat

Sorry: There is a Starbucks on 125th I have been to...nothing else
Old Feb 28, 2011, 11:10 pm

Are there any decent paring nearby? I plan to arrive late ~10PM and leave from the hotel relatively early at 7AM. Are there street parking near by the hotel?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:38 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
I use this site for NYC Parking

http://autoclub.centralparking.com/New-York.html

There are other, similar sites out there
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:12 am

Programs: AA,Platinum AmEx, SPG Gold,WN CP
FYI, Sheraton Tribeca is now a category 4, no longer a 5. Just saved some starpoints and cash.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by onfillmore
Sorry, my apologies....its 58th St (Tao) where it ends

I eat regularly when in NYC at Hale & Hearty which is good but theres no way I would venture up to 125th to eat

Sorry: There is a Starbucks on 125th I have been to...nothing else
Well you need to come uptown more often. There are several great restaurants in the area to dine at, not to mention plenty of legendary lounges and desert shops.
  • Red Rooster
  • Melba's
  • 67 Orange Street
  • Chez Lucienne
  • Native
  • Nector
  • Chocolat

Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
FYI, Sheraton Tribeca is now a category 4, no longer a 5. Just saved some starpoints and cash.
^ I stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago and although for me it's in a less convenient area (since I like to see shows and my friends mainly live in the HK area), I think I'd pick this Sheraton over the other Category 4 HK Element or Four Points properties for future stays.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 12:24 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Ditto. Today with the category change, I re-booked for an upcoming May trip -- Sheraton Tribeca's C&P rate went from 4800 points + $90/night to 4000 points + $60/night. ^

Of course, available inventory can change at any time, but I'm .
Old Mar 1, 2011, 1:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by brahms77
Are there any decent paring nearby? I plan to arrive late ~10PM and leave from the hotel relatively early at 7AM. Are there street parking near by the hotel?
There's off street parking on the side streets across from the hotel's main entrance (Wooster street). 7 AM may be fine - make sure you read the sign correctly. Shouldn't be a problem on weekdays.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 12:26 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
It is weird. As of now I still see it as Cat 5. Maybe that was a "mistake" and they fixed it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.