Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Tribeca New York [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Tribeca New York [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Yeah great location but just sad to see the lounge decline. Not much different than the Four Points on he Westside now so where I formerly would pay a premium for the Sheraton now it's purely cost versus the four points Soho and Chelsea.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 9:31 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Stayed here Saturday night for just the one night. Got there waaay too early (no traffic) around 10:45AM and they didn't have the room we were scheduled for ready, but would we "mind an accessible room with a view on the 12th floor", which we were happy to take.

They always give us lounge access, even though we're just Gold. This time they also gave us b'fast vouchers for downstairs, which turned out to be exactly the same spread they used to have in the lounge, including the waffle maker, which I thought was still upstairs when we stayed here in February.

Maybe this is how they are weeding out the large family groups that often had taken over the club lounge upstairs?

Views from the roof deck at night are still spectacular.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I have just completed another stay. The club lounge offerings are even more atrocious - not even fruit in the morning. Nonetheless, the front desk staff is great, the views I usually get are spectacular (in very small rooms), and did I say the front desk is great? The guy who checked us in (and was working all three days we were there) addressed both of us by last name whenever he saw us leaving or entering the property. When I complained about the room temperature (set to 60, and got coolish, but any warmer (it was 95 + humid outside) we'd have asked to change the room - another desk agent said that rooms on Floor 20 have this issue, but sent up a tech to check on the system. Location is perfect. Furthermore, I just noticed a cute little wine shop almost directly across the street. I was surprised to learn that he'd been there for 2 years.

No guarantees that I'll stay here on my next trip, but likelihood is quite high.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I have just completed another stay. The club lounge offerings are even more atrocious - not even fruit in the morning.
I had a BRG stay here in March and the evening lounge wasn't set up and ready to go until 20 minutes later than stated time. Then it took another 10 min before the herd thinned sufficiently to justify attempting to grab a glass of wine... which the attendant was very vocal about should be tipped for. By then I was already in need of hopping onto the E.

The FDC who checked me in was informed, quick, intelligent and aware. ^

I do like the accessible location in between east and west side subways and that area has cleaned up bigly since I was a kid. Still some grit left but sadly that will be gone soon too.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
I don't think this is a function of the soundproofing, I live nearby and you can hear the cars because the traffic is just that bad in the area - the hotel is right at the foot of the Holland Tunnel and rush hour/weekends can get insane.

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
My two major criticisms would be:
There appears to be limited soundproofing. I was on the top floor (22nd?) and the sound of cars outside was pretty loud
The aircon unit appears somewhat out of date and would loudly come on and off
Separately, what is the Plat treatment like at this property? I'm doing renovations on my apartment and have some weekend stays booked here.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Staying here for over a weekend in October. Although I see the lounge isn't spectacular, I'd at least like to get a glass of wine and check out the view of the city. How does access to the lounge work? I have the SPG biz, and was planning on that getting me into the lounge, plus my SO and son. I think technically it's only 1 guest on the SPG biz access though, any thoughts on if it would work?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 5:40 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
As a solo traveler I can't comment on the rules per se, but all you need is a keycard to get into the usually unattended lounge, so I would have thought you'd be ok. As others have said, check your expectations up front, but it is a convenient place to sit with chairs and a rooftop view.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: AC Altitude 50K, BA Blue, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, DVC, NEXUS
I stayed at this hotel twice, and refuse to stay there for work. The area shuts down too early and seems kind of seedy, though it's actually alright. No protein options in the lounge at breakfast. The evening offerings are meh.

Overall, a pretty substandard hotel for the Sheraton brand. The Four Points in the Financial District is better appointed even without the lounge.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Strange they removed beer from the lounge happy hour - just wine now. Oh well - at least the Nancy Whiskey is around the corner!
Old Oct 15, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: SKYMILES, SPG, MARRIOTT, HILTON
SPG Gold at Sheraton Tribeca

Originally Posted by uscjeff
Strange they removed beer from the lounge happy hour - just wine now. Oh well - at least the Nancy Whiskey is around the corner!
Question, new to SPG Gold life. Has anyone had any success with upgrades at this property? I booked through SPG.com to make sure I'd get access to elite benefits. Also with club access, is this something that you think is fairly likely as a gold?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Mark Meredith
Question, new to SPG Gold life. Has anyone had any success with upgrades at this property? I booked through SPG.com to make sure I'd get access to elite benefits. Also with club access, is this something that you think is fairly likely as a gold?
Starwood gold does not include club lounge access. The upgrade listed in the terms is to the best room available in the same category of room you booked. Eg, if you booked a traditional room the upgrade would be to the best traditional room they have at time of checkin.

Sometimes properties go above and beyond this however it’s not something I would expect regularly. If you look through this thread even platinums can have a hard time with upgrades at this hotel although a platinum will always get lounge access.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 5:03 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
We're Lifetime Golds and they usually upgrade us to Club Level which is nice for the lounge and especially the outdoor deck, at least between May and October!
Old Oct 16, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I stayed here last month. The roof deck is really nice. The lounge is okay with some decent wines, dreadful snacks and sour service. The room sported nice views but was not that great. There was no minibar in the room, for example
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by Mark Meredith
Welcome to Flyertalk!

I have found upgrades to be fairly infrequent at this property, even as a platinum. Even upgraded rooms are fairly small.

Lounge access is not a benefit of Gold status, but you may find that the check-in agent provides you with access if you ask. The staff here tend to be very nice. YMMV.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: SKYMILES, SPG, MARRIOTT, HILTON
Originally Posted by CLEguy
Welcome to Flyertalk!

I have found upgrades to be fairly infrequent at this property, even as a platinum. Even upgraded rooms are fairly small.

Lounge access is not a benefit of Gold status, but you may find that the check-in agent provides you with access if you ask. The staff here tend to be very nice. YMMV.
Thanks so much for the replies. Not feeling as strong about the booking anymore...but appreciate the insight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.