Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin New Delhi Gurgaon [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin New Delhi Gurgaon [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2012, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Velezray
Has anyone else had a experience like this? Curiously the last time it happened to me was also in India. In Delhi at the Imperial. It took two months for them to issue the credit for what was their accounting error.
this has happened to me twice....not at the same hotel though....the first time was at a hilton property in dc....they charged me twice by mistake due to an accounting error & it took them about 2 weeks to reverse the credit....the second was at a hilton property in delhi....i was charged a second time almost a month after checking out....this one was a nightmare to resolve & took almost 4 months....

i would suggest you get in touch with spg corporate over this....its clearly not a mistake on behalf of the property, they have used your cc when they were not supposed to....
Old Jun 20, 2012, 1:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Keyser
this has happened to me twice....not at the same hotel though....the first time was at a hilton property in dc....they charged me twice by mistake due to an accounting error & it took them about 2 weeks to reverse the credit....the second was at a hilton property in delhi....i was charged a second time almost a month after checking out....this one was a nightmare to resolve & took almost 4 months....

i would suggest you get in touch with spg corporate over this....its clearly not a mistake on behalf of the property, they have used your cc when they were not supposed to....
What happened to you is very different from the OP's issue, where the hotel apparently tried to charge a no-show reservation to the OP's credit card. The OP and the no-show were seemingly part of the same group, but otherwise the OP's credit card was not linked to the other reservation and the charge was not authorized. (What's to prevent a hotel from deciding to charge some deadbeat's bill to my credit card just because our addresses are from the same city or state?) To me, this is far more serious than a double billing, even though double billings are clearly erroneous.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What happened to you is very different from the OP's issue, where the hotel apparently tried to charge a no-show reservation to the OP's credit card. The OP and the no-show were seemingly part of the same group, but otherwise the OP's credit card was not linked to the other reservation and the charge was not authorized. (What's to prevent a hotel from deciding to charge some deadbeat's bill to my credit card just because our addresses are from the same city or state?) To me, this is far more serious than a double billing, even though double billings are clearly erroneous.
i know its very different....i was commenting on the fact that i have been billed erroneously as well & how long it took to resolve....double billings are usually a result of accounting or human errors but holding the op's cc hostage is another issue....that is why i said in my earlier post that its not an error on behalf of the property since its something they were not authorized to do....they did it on purpose....
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:50 am

Westin New Delhi Gurgaon opened Oct 2010 [Master Thread]

Update. Just checked my cc account and i was credited the entire amount nearly three months after they debited my account. Though i am a fan of some Westins I will never stay there again.

Btw. No apology or any communications from the hotel.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 10:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
The Westin Gurgaon is one of my favorite hotels. I was on a long-term project in Gurgaon, and stayed at this hotel for 6 months.

Location: pretty centrally located in Gurgaon. It was close to both of our offices, although city traffic and the roundabouts mean that going 5 miles can easily take 20 minutes. There are quite a few restaurants options both in the hotel and nearby, as well as grocery shopping and banking.

Restaurants: the food in the hotel is top notch, and some of the highest rated in all of Gurgaon. The newly opened Italian restaurant and the buffet were my favorites. The breakfast buffet was included in my corporate rate (it seemed like it was included in most everybody's rate, since the host had a very long list with room numbers each day), and was usually enough for to last me the entire day. Tons of options, both Indian and non-Indian. The dinner buffet was the same in terms of range of options and quality of food.

Lounge: There is a plat lounge on the 7th floor, which also serves breakfast and a cocktail hour. The staff there are fantastic - very welcoming and responsive to any needs. The lounge includes a couple of computers and unlimited printing. There is also a business center that you can reserve for 2 hour blocks, with a projector and tv.

Rooms: Rooms are spacious and clean. The marble flooring, walls and ceiling give the rooms a very clean and cooling aesthetic, which I appreciated in the middle of monsoon season. The bathrooms are spacious, and the shower heads are rain forest. The only complaints I have:
1. Some of the rooms had a very damp feeling - after so many times checking in, I came to remember which rooms were the problem ones, and would just request a different room upon check-in (can be done through the 7th floor concierges so that you don't have to go back downstairs)
2. The rooms facing the road are very loud, even at night (the traffic in Gurgaon is non-stop). Make sure to request a room on the other side of the building (although I believe these are premium rooms and considered an upgrade).

Airport transfer and check-in: Fantastic. There was always a driver waiting for me upon exiting immigration, and he would walk me to the car parked in the garage. The check-in process was smooth - the driver usually had a folder with my room key already assigned, so that upon arrival at the hotel, I could just walk up to my room without stopping at the front desk. The drivers also carry cold hand towels and cold water in the truck, which was always much appreciated after the long flight and the walk through the unconditioned hallways to get to the garage.

Overall, I can't imagine that there is a better hotel to have a long-term stay at. The staff are very kind, friendly and gracious, and did a good job of remembering everyone by name. I am probably a pretty low maintenance guest, with no special requests, but some of my colleagues definitely fell in the high maintenance category, and they usually felt the hotel was very responsive to their needs.

One last tip: make sure that if you're a 75Plat, you utilize the Your24 option. Most of the flights from the West arrive late at night (9pm-midnight) and leave for the West early morning (midnight-3am), so the Your24 option usually saved me a night's rate.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 12:54 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Good to see they have kept their high standards. Thanks for the report!
Old Mar 31, 2013, 1:16 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2mm, AA Platinum- 2mm, Starwood Lifetime Platinum (Ambassador)
Looking forward to my two upcoming stays... The lounge on the 7th floor has always been an oasis.
Old May 18, 2013, 10:12 am

Programs: ual(1K), dl(plat), spg(plat), swa, hh, Hyatt(diamond)
Stayed at this Property this week. The review by bananax119 was perfect and very informative. The 7th Floor Lounge is one of the best I ever seen.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: AC 100k, SPG Platinum, Avis PC, National Exec
Just stayed here last week for 4 nights and echo the previous comments. The lounge is fantastic and one of the nicest I've ever seen - 2 stories for great views of the non-stop traffic outside! Rooms facing the street are noisy, with all the honking, though it does die down somewhat later in the evening.

I was upgraded to a larger room with separate living room area but even the standard rooms are very spacious with huge bathrooms.

Food options are great - breakfast buffet is huge and tasty. Had the lunch buffet on my last day and it was very good. Ate in the Asian restaurant one night and it was very good, though a little expensive even for India.

Airport transportation is fantastic! Had a BMW 7 Series on the way back to the airport which was an oasis in a sea of traffic.

Overall the staff was also fantastic, tremendous service.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Want2Fly4ever
Just stayed here last week for 4 nights and echo the previous comments. The lounge is fantastic and one of the nicest I've ever seen - 2 stories for great views of the non-stop traffic outside! Rooms facing the street are noisy, with all the honking, though it does die down somewhat later in the evening.
Just a more recent update. I thought lounge here was great, and the service outstanding - my glass of wine was continually topped up, and the staff were very helpful. The range/variety of food available during happy hour was good, with a selection of Indian hot food, and western style antipasto type items (and delicious deserts). All in all, considering my relatively recent stays I'd rate it second to Westin Beijing Chaoyang in terms of food quality, but variety and service were superior at this hotel. Also appreciated a later and longer happy hour 6-9pm. More often than I would like at various hotels, hotel happy hour finishes at 7pm which is fine for leisure stays, but in India would be impossible for business stays (with late office hours coupled with traffic .....) .
Old Oct 13, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
Great Brunch

I applied an SNA for the Royal Suite (only) which cleared 5 days out yet upon arrival they had allocated me to a lower level Executive Suite. It was clear the front desk attendant had no idea how the SNA system worked and insisted I had been correctly assigned despite showing her the printed confirmation from their property indicating a Royal Suite. After waiting over 30 minutes (at 3am) they managed to clean a vacant Royal Suite and get me into the room. While this started things off with a bad first impression, there were many apologies from a variety of people during my stay and they let me have an 8pm checkout on last day so I will give them the benefit of the doubt it was a genuine error.

The suite itself was clean and in good condition, they did not appear to participate in make a green choice as even hung up towels were replaced daily. The club lounge was fairly spacious including a loft area and had service nearly all day long. It does get crowded in the evenings though and seating is at a premium, no restrictions on screaming children either. The breakfast included cooked to order eggs and all the usual accompaniments and happy hour had a rotating variety of hot and cold snacks and a decent selection of drinks and had generous timings.

The highlight of my stay was the Sunday Brunch in the lobby restaurant (Seasonal Tastes) though, really a fantastic spread including a live action ice cream station a-la Cold Stone Creamery! The food in lounge and room service was also of good quality. Airport transfers arranged by the hotel were seamless and of good value.

Overall I would certainly return if I needed to be in the area, it’s a nice modern hotel with great f&b and clean comfortable rooms.

Last edited by dc2005b; Oct 14, 2019 at 7:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.