Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Bratislava, Slovakia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Bratislava, Slovakia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Wow thanks guys!

Really great info! I'll keep in mind the taxi scams in bratislava

I think ill be taking the bus from VIE to bratislava! The taxi is about the same price as the nightly rate of the hotel. Ouch

Going to vienna ill just do what remymartin did and take the rex.

Last edited by supatight80; Aug 22, 2014 at 10:29 am
Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:50 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Took the bus from VIE station 4 to bratislava bus station for 7.7 euros plus 1 euro baggage handling fee. Then took a cab from bus station to hotel for 3.9 euros flat fee....it wasnt that far but people here werent that helpful when i was asking for directions.

Anywho, upgraded to executive suite. Looks like a jr. Suite, that means just 1 very big corner room. The room i got looks exactly the one on their website with the red sofa 'n all, overlooking marks and spencer.

Club lounge 1st floor, free brekky either on ground level or club lounge (american style). Gym 24/7 on 3rd floor. Sauna, etc. Was told closes at 10 or 11 pm.

Oh...they have happy hour with wine tasting starting at 6 or 630.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
Stayed here for two nights recently

+ upgraded from Hot Escapes base room to top floor Executive Suite with 1.5 bathrooms, a good sized sitting area, a dining table for 4 and a largish terrace. Sadly the terrace didn't have any furniture
+ decent buffet spread with excellent cooked to order items such as eggs benedict, eggs florentine and a chocolate waffle which was fantastic. The chef really put pride into his breakfast ^
+ nice pool area, although very limited wrt pool area lounging
+ proper sauna with "stone" heater that you could heat yourself (didn't try the Turkish sauna)
+ extremely approachable staff, especially concierges
+ the shopping mall connected to the hotel was actually rather nice
+ a lot of bars and restaurants along the Donau just a few steps from the hotel
o the not-so-charming club lounge was equipped with snacks, hot items and cheap Austrian sparkling wine, local red and white and beer
- it was about 10-15min on foot to the old town with rough-looking buildings etc
- the main hotel bar Amber was closed during our stay.
The executive suite i got sounds completely different from yours...mine was just 1 big room (albeit with a living area) but no separate bedroom. Bathroom is in the middle (left side) and walk in closet is far left side. My view was overlooking marks and spencer abd on the other corner, the e.u. and slovak flag with that elfman ballet thingy.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:29 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by supatight80
The executive suite i got sounds completely different from yours...mine was just 1 big room (albeit with a living area) but no separate bedroom. Bathroom is in the middle (left side) and walk in closet is far left side. My view was overlooking marks and spencer abd on the other corner, the e.u. and slovak flag with that elfman ballet thingy.
Which floor are you on? If top floor, I believe I have a picture of the floor map.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:02 am

Duplicate...

Last edited by supatight80; Sep 3, 2014 at 7:09 am
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
Which floor are you on? If top floor, I believe I have a picture of the floor map.
Hi remy, im on the 6th floor. When i asked front desk if i got an upgrade, she said yes to an 'apartment'. Then when i went to room, couldnt figure out what she meant by apartment, so went online to my stays and saw that i was upgraded to executive suite. It is quite a large room. But there isnt a separate bedroom and no dining area.

Just to add: granted the hotel rate is cheap...but my goodness! The tous are so expensive! Be prepared for at LEAST 100 euros each for a whole day tour in slovakia (booked through concierge). And if youre a solo traveller,.you pay for 2 pax, so thats minimum 200 euros for a whole day tour...geez...

Thank goodness i took the 7.70 euro bus ride from VIE insead of taking taxi...at least i could 'rationalize' the 200 euro per day tour..

Last edited by supatight80; Sep 3, 2014 at 7:33 am
Old Jun 22, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Gold, Virgin Silver
I have a stay coming up this week. Does anyone know the e-mail address for the concierge? I send a message to the generic e-mail address for the hotel, but no response.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Gold, Virgin Silver
Stellar property, a top Sheraton experience

I must echo the previous posts: this is a superb establishment. We loved our two-night stay in late June. The highlights:

1) As a platinum, immediate upgrade to a corner suite, likely the same one mentioned in a prior post (519?) Spacious, modern, well-lit bedroom with giant king-sized bed and good closet space. Nice sitting room, lovely full bathroom with tub and waterfall shower.

2) 10 minutes after getting to room, someone came by with a second pair of slippers, without being asked. This was a nice gesture.

3) Turn-down service, without request.

4) Impressive free breakfast buffet, wine and hor d'oeuvres in the evening in the club lounge.

5) Easy walk to old town, nearby mall and restaurants on the Danube.

6) Pleasant indoor pool, steam room and sauna.

7) Excellent, consistent, attentive service throughout.

All in all, we had a 4-5 star experience for $120 + points over two nights, including two large breakfasts and hor d'oeuvres that equated to a dinner.

A hidden gem in the Starwood universe. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
any recent stay reports as platinum?

thanks in advance.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 2:27 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Completed a stay here at the end of July on my first visit to Slovakia. Amazing hotel; brand new, part of a new riverfront development including a sizable mall with international brands, residences, a promenade along the river and outdoor restaurants along that. The old town is about fifteen walkable minutes away just down the Danube.

The hotel itself is very modern and furnished like a contemporary Sheraton would be. Got upgraded to a club suite before arrival and then upgraded again to an executive suite at check-in; massive suite on the first floor [same floor as club lounge which Plats also get access to] built around the corner of the building with a big bedroom, living room and bathroom with double vanity and separate tub and shower. The club lounge wasn't really staffed during my stay [the odd member came in here and there to tidy things up but otherwise clear], but there were always snacks like nuts and sandwich wraps available. Beer is available all day with white/red wine coming out for happy hour in the early evenings [no hard liquor]. Excellent, high-quality breakfast spread in the main restaurant [also complimentary for Plats on top of your 500 points at check-in] with a lovely sun-filled conservatory space. Health club was beautiful with an excellent indoor pool. Cheerful staff all around who are clearly proud of this hotel and happy to be working here.

All in all, a treat for Plats and a veritable gem in the Sheraton portfolio. Excellent, excellent hotel in a terrific city; would go back in a heartbeat.

khabah
Old Aug 14, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by khabah
Completed a stay here at the end of July on my first visit to Slovakia. Amazing hotel; brand new, part of a new riverfront development including a sizable mall with international brands, residences, a promenade along the river and outdoor restaurants along that. The old town is about fifteen walkable minutes away just down the Danube.

The hotel itself is very modern and furnished like a contemporary Sheraton would be. Got upgraded to a club suite before arrival and then upgraded again to an executive suite at check-in; massive suite on the first floor [same floor as club lounge which Plats also get access to] built around the corner of the building with a big bedroom, living room and bathroom with double vanity and separate tub and shower. The club lounge wasn't really staffed during my stay [the odd member came in here and there to tidy things up but otherwise clear], but there were always snacks like nuts and sandwich wraps available. Beer is available all day with white/red wine coming out for happy hour in the early evenings [no hard liquor]. Excellent, high-quality breakfast spread in the main restaurant [also complimentary for Plats on top of your 500 points at check-in] with a lovely sun-filled conservatory space. Health club was beautiful with an excellent indoor pool. Cheerful staff all around who are clearly proud of this hotel and happy to be working here.

All in all, a treat for Plats and a veritable gem in the Sheraton portfolio. Excellent, excellent hotel in a terrific city; would go back in a heartbeat.

khabah
So breakfast is taken in the restaurant instead of the Club Lounge? The Club Lounge doesn't serve breakfast at all?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 2:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by lcpteck
So breakfast is taken in the restaurant instead of the Club Lounge? The Club Lounge doesn't serve breakfast at all?
I don't remember; I generally always take the option of eating downstairs if I have the choice between lounge or restaurant due to restaurants having more variety.

khabah
Old Aug 14, 2016, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by khabah
I don't remember; I generally always take the option of eating downstairs if I have the choice between lounge or restaurant due to restaurants having more variety.

khabah
Roger that.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by lcpteck
I stayed earlier this year and was given the choice of the lounge or the restaurant for breakfast as a Plat. I was told that the breakfast selection in the lounge was very limited, and indeed when I went and had a look this was the case. So we just proceeded to the restaurant downstairs which had a very large and hearty selection of hot and cold foods.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by airoli
I stayed earlier this year and was given the choice of the lounge or the restaurant for breakfast as a Plat. I was told that the breakfast selection in the lounge was very limited, and indeed when I went and had a look this was the case. So we just proceeded to the restaurant downstairs which had a very large and hearty selection of hot and cold foods.
Thanks for the info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.