Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Munich Arabellapark (formerly Sheraton Munich), Germany [Master Thread]

Four Points Munich Arabellapark (formerly Sheraton Munich), Germany [Master Thread]

Old Jun 16, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: EX-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by vanabb
Staying here this weekend. Nice pool, no hot food in the lounge in the evenings. Suite upgrade.

No platinum welcome gift?
No gift means, no treatment in your room or no 500 points / local gift?!...
Old Jun 16, 2017, 2:52 am

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
No gift means, no treatment in your room or no 500 points / local gift?!...

No gift means nothing in the room. Yes to the 500pts.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 3:11 am

Programs: EX-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by vanabb
No gift means nothing in the room. Yes to the 500pts.
No treatment here is quite normal...
Old Jun 16, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Very strange hotel. Mostly apartments with a couple of floors of rooms.

Creepy place.

Good restaurant though.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy

Creepy place.

Good restaurant though.
You have forgotten the clinics, medicals, doctors etc. ...
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:36 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN

Creepy place.

Good restaurant though.
They have 446 rooms in there. The building belongs to the Schrghuber group, which owns 22 hotels under the Arabella holding, all of which run by Starwood on a commission basis.

Having 500+ rooms in that building makes no sense, no market for that. The Westin opposite has 627 rooms.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 4:27 pm

Creepy place.

Good restaurant though.
I stayed there last month - nothing "creepy" about the place, unless you count the number of Chinese tour groups there
ACC2008 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA-1P AB-Gold SPG-Plat Hilton-DIA Hyatt-DIA PC-Gold MR-Plat Hertz-PC
Any recent stays here?
Old Dec 10, 2021, 2:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The Sheraton was closed for the pandemic and recently reopened. Before the pandemic all occupants (the hotel, the residential apartments, the two clinics and about a dozen doctor offices) were given notice that the buidling was supposed to be demolished and rebuilt in 2023-25 and that they have to move out. Earlier this year this was moved to 2025 and now to 2030.

As a result the work on fixing the building will start/resume next spring. At the same time the sheraton property will be rebanded as a four points to reflect the lower standards.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:48 pm

The property is now open for business, and now branded as : 'Four Points by Sheraton Munich Arabellapark'

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...-arabellapark/
Old Sep 27, 2023, 6:30 pm

Completed a 4-night stay here recently on a work trip + 1 day at Oktoberfest.

Overall: Dodge - pretty disappointed at my decision here given I've had good experiences in other Four Point Sheraton.

Assuming most people traveling to Munich would like to visit the Munich Old Town and surrounding areas. Walking distance to train station that can take you directly into Old Town and Munich Train Station which is convenient. Interestingly the train/line that takes you there is in an old train that looks like it's from the early 1900s. Not a complain here, actually interesting. However taking taxi/Uber rides here can be an issue. I had trouble finding rides a few times and the take forever to get here, so I would recommend making reservations in the app ahead of time. Also traffic is terrible going into the city from this location - can take 40-60min depending on time of day and which part of the city. Next time I'd much rather stay in hotels walking distance to Old Town or the Munich Station.

Service: 3/10

I did not get room service here. The only interaction I had with hotel staff was during check-in/out. The lady that worked with me during check-in was not as courteous. Her demeanor came off slightly rude and does not want to be interrupted. Hard to describe, but to me just seems like she hates her job and she shows it.

Food: 4/10

Did not eat here other than an overpriced pretzel that I bought one night because I got the munchies.

Room: 5/10

Decent sized standard King bedroom. The building is aged and it definitely shows. The safe in my room errored out so I was hesitant to even ask to get it fixed/use it. Building was weird and there's a tiny balcony that extends past the window that you can't go on, seems to be leftover structure from whatever the building was previously. Elevator is very small and expect a long wait if during rush hour.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 1:59 am

Location: The metro equipment used on the U4 was indeed built in the late 1960s in preparation for the 1972 olympics. They work fine, so what is your point? The U4 in Arabellapark leaves every 10 minutes and the 7 stop ride to Downtonw/Stachus takes 10 minutes.
Uber is not allowed to operate the usual way in Germany, so if you hail a ride using the uber app, they broker you a limo service who has to start from their place of business. Hence the long wait times. There is a taxi stand right in front on the 4P and the Westin across the street that has taxis waiting there all day. Why didn't you use those?

Service/Food/Room: this is a 4 points now... so it matches that standard
Old Oct 4, 2023, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by oliver2002
There is a taxi stand right in front on the 4P and the Westin across the street that has taxis waiting there all day. Why didn't you use those?
There's a generation out there, that thinks everything must/can only be done in an app.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Location: The metro equipment used on the U4 was indeed built in the late 1960s in preparation for the 1972 olympics. They work fine, so what is your point? The U4 in Arabellapark leaves every 10 minutes and the 7 stop ride to Downtonw/Stachus takes 10 minutes.
Uber is not allowed to operate the usual way in Germany, so if you hail a ride using the uber app, they broker you a limo service who has to start from their place of business. Hence the long wait times. There is a taxi stand right in front on the 4P and the Westin across the street that has taxis waiting there all day. Why didn't you use those?

Service/Food/Room: this is a 4 points now... so it matches that standard
My point on the old metro was that it's actually pretty cool.

There is actually very little taxis outside when I was there. The one time there was one taxi left, as I was walking towards it someone rushed in front of me to grab it first.

Good point on the 4 point
Old Oct 4, 2023, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
There's a generation out there, that thinks everything must/can only be done in an app.
This is true for someone like me. The main reason is just not dealing with meter and knowing the cost ahead of time. Have dealt with enough haggles over the meter in places like Thailand and Israel that I just avoid if I can.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.