Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Carlton Hotel Nürnberg / Nuernberg / Nuremberg [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Carlton Hotel Nürnberg / Nuernberg / Nuremberg [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2010, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Arrow Sheraton Carlton Hotel Nürnberg / Nuernberg / Nuremberg [Master Thread]

There was no master thread...

http://www.sheratonnuernberg.com/en/

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...language=en_US

http://www.carlton-nuernberg.de/index_e.htm

It is a nice, friendly and modern ***** hotel quiet near to the central station and the old part of town.

The have a good upgrade policy for platinums.

The breakfast is good.

The restaurant is also good

http://www.carlton-nuernberg.de/Prog...urantkarte.pdf

and there are some specials:

http://www.carlton-nuernberg.de/angebote_tafelhof.htm

sorry, only in german available.

There is a garage inhouse and another parking in front of the hotel. Both on payment.

Impressum / numbers / contact:

Carlton Hotel GmbH
Eilgutstraße 15
90443 Nürnberg

Telefon 0049-911-2003-0
Fax: 0049-911-2003-111
E-Mail [email protected]
Homepage www.carlton-nuernberg.de

Geschäftsführer Werner Rübsamen

Ust.-IdNr. DE 813219352
Registergericht Nürnberg HR B 4505

Last edited by Forstbetrieb; Jul 11, 2010 at 7:35 am
Old Jul 13, 2010, 7:52 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
When I visit N'berg, I used to stay exclusively at the charming, but somewhat ancient, Le Meridien Grand Hotel (or is it, Grand Hotel Le Meridien?)

After a disappointing and very much worn-out room at my last LM stay, during my subsequent visit to Nuremberg I tried out the Sheraton.

What I gave up in charm, I gained in functionality. Very nice room, terrific sauna, steam room, hot tub, and exercise facility on the top of the property (the LM has a random collection of exercise equipment in a dingy basement room) and everything was in tip-top condition.

The LM has old-world cachet with elegant public spaces, but the rooms are small and nothing special.

The Sheraton is a very nice property in a great location.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 7:35 am

an recent stay here? Planning to visit the Christmas market in December.
Thanks
Old Oct 18, 2012, 5:18 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Frequent guest here and I enjoy this hotel every time. Best thing is the cozy bar and the good breakfast which you get as a full buffet for free as a platinum amenity choice.
Plat upgrade almost every time was an exec room in the alcove area over the entrance which is 20% larger. They have very few suites. But rooms are all large and modern with standard bathrooms with walk in showers.
If you drive a larger car, don't go into the underground parking. It's the smallest area I've ever encountered and you have to fear that you'll never be able again to drive out your large car if you don't go with reverse gear... :-)
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:19 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Is there a club lounge?
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
No lounge, no club level.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 3:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
No lounge, no club level.
There is also no club lounge at the LM.

The second post by Sabai describes the situation almost perfectly.

If you want a suite and old world charm, go for the LM ( have of their suites are renovated, though )

If you want a functional room and a very solid gym/spa area, go for the Sheraton.

If you arrive by car, the Sheraton is a notch ahead, if you arrive by train, the location of the LM is tough to beat.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Stayed in a Executive room.

Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Just completed a two-room, two-night award stay.
Both rooms were clean and spacious. The rooms were on different floors because my last-minute reservation(s).
Two blocks west of the train station.
Rooms are air-conditioned, but had trouble cooling to comfortable sleeping temperature during the last week of July.
I did not use the restaurant.

Update to initial post...it is a **** hotel, not five-star.

Last edited by Billiken; Jul 30, 2014 at 8:16 am
Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Wink *****

Originally Posted by Billiken
Just completed a two-room, two-night award stay.
Both rooms were clean and spacious. The rooms were on different floors because my last-minute reservation(s).
Two blocks west of the train station.
Rooms are air-conditioned, but had trouble cooling to comfortable sleeping temperature during the last week of July.
I did not use the restaurant.

Update to initial post...it is a **** hotel, not five-star.

Update to your post:

it is a five star...

http://www.sheratonnuernberg.com/en
Old Jul 22, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Anyone stayed here while it's under construction? I imagine the adding of a floor is would create quite the disruption in terms of noise.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:49 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Had to stay a night in Nuremberg, found out the shabby hilton is going to close down.
Had no intentions to stay at a marriott hotel because of recent experiences and lack of a promotion. Saw that the Sheraton had a sale for this weekend. There is a club lounge and a pool now.
This wasnt the case some years ago when i last checked the city's properties.
Lounge has a nice terrace.
Check in was fast and friendly, i was greeted as Plat instead of titanium. Gave away the points for bf in restaurant. Will report after check out for more...
Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:57 am

I had a brief one night stay en route to Frankfurt. The hotel is not at all bad, certainly better than I had expected. I requested a last minute change to a room with two beds upon checking in. Not a problem, despite the hotel being completely sold out during the Reunification holiday weekend. No suite upgrade was possible, as the last suite had been booked the night previous. The room on the 4th floor was comfortable, not compact as I had been led to believe by some of the hotel's own room descriptions. What impressed me was the quality of F&B in both the Club Lounge as well as the lobby restaurant. The evening reception featured German roast pork and dumplings, in addition to prepared salad/canapé options and desserts. Wine and beer were available, but my companion and I drank only mineral water, so no comments on quality or selection. Breakfast, in lieu of 1,000 points, was served in the somewhat elegant Tafelhof venue. A chef was on hand to prepare one's egg dish of choice, and did so following the exact wishes of my companion and I. The quality of the accompaniments was stellar, the naturally smoked bacon being especially tasty. Pastries were warm, buttery and flaky. Service was attentive and polite to a fault. The only negative was the compact parking situation. As the hotel was fully booked, and we had arrived late, all the parking spots that would have accommodated our large vehicle were already occupied. As a result, we parked next door at the Maritim hotel. I wouldn't hesitate to return, although perhaps during a less busy period.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 8:31 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
The wife and I stayed at the Sheraton for one night in mid-December to visit the Christmas market.

The location is very convenient if traveling by train as just a few steps from the main station. Hotel itself was in good shape and we had no service issues when staying there. My wife as a Platinum Elite was able to get us an upgraded room and club access. The club was good and had an attendant who provided very good service. However the offerings there were not too plentiful. Restaurant breakfast was also nice, but rather standard I would say.

Some pictures from our stay: https://www.thetravelingexpats.com/r...tel-nuremberg/
Old Jan 15, 2022, 2:00 pm

I recently stayed here twice for one and two days. However the hotel seemed to be almost empty, no upgrade were given (Titanium). The app showed availibilty in all categores. but no chance. I booked and got an superior room. No welcome gift or letter were provided. I have no idea if it is possible to get an Executive Room here or even higher. Moreover the hotel does not participate at the Suite Night Awards programm.

It is really a pity that upgrade policy is stingy here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.