Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[GONE] Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, Seoul, South Korea [Master Thread]

[GONE] Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, Seoul, South Korea [Master Thread]

Old Oct 15, 2012, 5:38 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriot Gold
Here is my LTP perspective based on a recent stay over 3 nights:

-Overall service is attentive and English language skills amongst the staff are strong. I will say, however, that problem solving little issues is similar to other properties in Asia and can be rather tedious - this is a cultural issue that one who travels throughout Asia should appreciate and not get too offended or upset about. I will also note that I appreciated the meticulous servicing of my room by the housekeeping staff.

-The physical properties of the hotel are great - room furnishings etc. The views are spectacular.

-The location is actually quite convenient - above a sophisticated shopping mall with really great food options (I have an 'in' with Korean food and will say the quality of the offerings and variety at D-Cube city is great).

-The subway/transit system literally just steps away. One stop on the train and you are at another similar, albeit more extensive mall - Times Square (have stayed there at the Marriott Courtyard as well). Getting to Central Seoul or elsewhere is pretty manageable via the trains or even the reasonable cabs.

-The club lounge had an extensive breakfast as well as one of the better spreads amongst SPG properties in Asia for happy hour, including self-pour booze. The views, again, are quite nice. And, unlike some properties (particularly the Westin Nagoya Castle) if you want to take a bottle of water or a small can of club soda with you as you leave the lounge, there is no issue or shame. I did notice on one night a small group of girls who were happily hoarding numerous cans of Heineken to take with them...

-As a LTP I took advantage of 2 breakfasts at the main restaurant - Feast. The buffet was extensive and vast (too much really), the quality quite good and the service particularly excellent and attentive.

-The exercise facilities are excellent, the equipment new and clean (as well as lots of it) and the Sauna was self-service at no additional charge. Towels, robes, exercise attire are all readily available.

-The elevator changing can, as others have mentioned, be slightly tedious but I didn't mind changing elevators as much as the time it often took for an elevator to arrive (particular the elevators to the ground floor and mall). This is a minor issue for me however.

This is my new favorite SPG property in Seoul (why on earth stay at Walkerhill - so inconvenient for public transportation etc?).
Old Dec 22, 2012, 9:03 am
DH

I had a nice 4 nights stay last week and I concur with comments posted here. Here's the links for photos I took.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:52 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Haven't even been to the hotel yet but from the interactions I've had with the concierge, front desk, reservations and the GM - I know I'm up for a treat!

Will post on how it goes after my trip.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 9:39 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Hello,

I am considering staying here for 5 nights as an SPG gold, mainly since I have a boat laod of SPG points to burn..

I emailed the hotel and they said to upgrade to clubroom/access, it will be 1k points each night. Is this worth it? They said they can't confirm access in advance, only at check in...

Being Hyatt Diamond/Marriott Plat, I'd much prefer to stay at the PH or JW Seoul and get comp lounge access/suite upgrades but I really want to save money and burn my SPG points.

The other option I guess is the W walkerhill, and I'm not fond of the location though the hotel is excellent. Would stay at the Westin Chosun as well but its at 16k points a night for my dates(W is at 12k)

So is 45k points for a club room for 5 nights here worth it? I would probably book the stasy if I can confirm club access in advance, but without it I'm not sure what I should do... I have enough points for 3 nights at JW and 2 nights at PH as well. Sucks being Gold with SPG now, as a plat I would not have had to worry
Old Mar 4, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Hello,

I am considering staying here for 5 nights as an SPG gold, mainly since I have a boat laod of SPG points to burn..

I emailed the hotel and they said to upgrade to clubroom/access, it will be 1k points each night. Is this worth it? They said they can't confirm access in advance, only at check in...

(
Club access for 1000 points a night is worth it, in my opinion.
Lounge breakfast is very good at this location ( you can order off the menu
in addition to usual buffet items), and the cocktail hour food offerings
are enough to make a full dinner - both in quality and quantity.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 6:00 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Club access for 1000 points a night is worth it, in my opinion.
Lounge breakfast is very good at this location ( you can order off the menu
in addition to usual buffet items), and the cocktail hour food offerings
are enough to make a full dinner - both in quality and quantity.
ANy difference between a regular room and a club room?

They just emailed back and said they can confirmed and deduct club access with SPG points in advance, as a one time exception to me
Old Mar 4, 2013, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by SKYEG
ANy difference between a regular room and a club room?

They just emailed back and said they can confirmed and deduct club access with SPG points in advance, as a one time exception to me
Rooms are all the same, although floor is separated. But both regular and club rooms have nice view as they are already in high level.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
I'm staying here as well in Mid-May through C&P. As a new plat member, should I bother upgrading to a club room, or would I be automatically be upgraded to one if there's space?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 12:00 am
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by awu25
I'm staying here as well in Mid-May through C&P. As a new plat member, should I bother upgrading to a club room, or would I be automatically be upgraded to one if there's space?
You do not need to upgrade in advance.
You might not get a suite /club rooms if they are not available, but you can access to the club lounge no matter what the club room availability is.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 1:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
I'm staying here for a few nights at the end of the month. What should I expect as a new gold member?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 11:15 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
250 points amenity which can be swapped for internet, late checkout, standing in the Gold/ Platinum check in line. Anything else is a bonus.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 6:11 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, South Korea, opened Sept 2011 [Master Thread]

stayed there mid feb. amazing hotel and staff. the tripadvisor reports aren't lying. was upgraded to a honeymoon suite and the GM greeted me on arrival!
Old Jun 23, 2013, 4:30 am
DH

Stay with Family

I finished second 4 nights stay last week; booked 2 rooms on award. Unlike my first stay last December, I had family with me.

When I requested the connected rooms and confirmed with the hotel. The problem is that connected rooms turned out to be next to each other not connected rooms. BTW 2 double beds room would be sufficient for family of 4 with 2 tweens. Additionally I was asked to pay for 2 children (beyond 2 people as part of Platinum benefit) to access the lounge even though we had 2 rooms. I explained to the lounge staff that all of hotels I have stayed at granted lounge access to whole family not just 2 people. Anyway we paid for breakfast for our 2 children at the restaurant since they are going by the book.

One last observation, the staffs are very young and their inexperience showed up time to time. They were often relying on Google/Naver search for the questions/request I had. One of question I had was self-service laundry and it took them a while to locate one which was 2 subway stations away. Second was about quick service to deliver luggage to next hotel. The lounge staffs had to ask around to find out its business handles such service. I'm sure they will improve with the time.

P.S. I still prefer this hotel over Westin Chosun which I found its staffs to be snooty.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 7:40 am

Programs: Skyteam
One of my favorite hotels in Seoul.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 7:07 am

I'll be here in two days I hope it'll be a good stay!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.