Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[GONE] Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, Seoul, South Korea [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[GONE] Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, Seoul, South Korea [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
I had a one night stay there a few weeks ago. My kids loved the pool and the excersize facilities were awesome. I really liked the hotel as well, as far as the hard product goes.

Downside for me was that as an SPG Platinum I got no upgrade. I had two rooms and although the rooms were great, they were just standard rooms.

In one was was myself, my wife, and two young kids, the other room was for my in-laws.

Upon check-in was never directed to the lounge, check in was on the 41st floor. When I once tried to go to the lounge, when it was completely empty, was shooed out because of my kids, no big deal if that is their policy

When I tried to get breakfast was informed I could only get it for 2 of my party of 6, so let the in-laws have it. Because of the kids the lounge lady said the complimentary breakfast for 2 was at Feast. My in-laws went there and the person at Feast said they had to have it in the lounge.

It seems that they are having a few opening pains. Overall we all really liked the property and would likely go back.

My two rooms were booked on that $24 mistake price on Orbitz, thus the reason I never asked about the lack of upgrade. I would have no qualms about paying their asking rate for future stays, as it appears well worth it.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:13 am
Formerly known as jennyyhwang

I emailed the hotel to ask about the two different types of bathrooms they have showing on their website: "Steam shower without bath" and "Bathtub".

The hotel responded and said they do have two types of bathrooms. Their description was: "One is the steam shower room which is kind of little steam sauna room with shower booth and the other one is regular bathtub with shower booth."

For those of you who have stayed at the hotel, could you please clarify for me what the steam shower room is? Is it an additional shower room from the regular shower? So there are 2 showers total?

And which type of bathroom would you recommend? Thanks!!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by shinywings

For those of you who have stayed at the hotel, could you please clarify for me what the steam shower room is? Is it an additional shower room from the regular shower? So there are 2 showers total?
The steam shower room is a large-ish shower stall with a bench at the rear. There is an electronic control to adjust the steam (on/off/temperature). It worked quite well, but personally I would prefer the bath tub (the thrill of the steam wore off after the first use).

Never stayed in bath tub room so cannot comment on that.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:33 am
Formerly known as jennyyhwang

Originally Posted by tlott
The steam shower room is a large-ish shower stall with a bench at the rear. There is an electronic control to adjust the steam (on/off/temperature). It worked quite well, but personally I would prefer the bath tub (the thrill of the steam wore off after the first use).

Thank you for your response! That is very helpful.

Also, is the breakfast in the hotel restaurant expensive? I don't have SPG status and was wondering around how much it will cost.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by tlott

The regular bath tub room is a regular (decent sized) shower stall with a door and a separate bathtub in the open.

On our first night, we got an accessible room. That was just a large roll-in shower with a semi-flexible curtain. No tub.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 9:39 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, A3 *A Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat
My wife, 2.5 yr son and I checked in here after midnight last night for a 1 week stay.

The reception we received was the most attentive we have ever received.

We took the hotel limousine from the airport because it is our first time in Seoul, we arrived late at night, neither of us speak Korean, and there are two Sheratons in Seoul. Instead of risking having to wait for taxi or possibly going to the wrong Sheraton, we took some of the money we have saved by reading these forums to take the limo.

At the hotel entrance we were greeted, by name, by a hotel representative that took us up to the 41st floor. He introduced us to the hotel and where the different services are located.

At the sign-in desk we were welcomed, again by name, by Sean, the on-duty manager, who said that the hotel manager sent his apologies that he could not be there to greet us. Check-in was fast and we were effortlessly upgrade to a suite that sounds similar to uxb's.

I did notice that the room has a strong smell in the bathroom. Smells like new construction. My wife said it is not too objectionable.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 4:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry8700c: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; pcdadr6350 Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by sthubbar
My wife, 2.5 yr son and I checked in here after midnight last night for a 1 week stay.

The reception we received was the most attentive we have ever received.

We took the hotel limousine from the airport because it is our first time in Seoul, we arrived late at night, neither of us speak Korean, and there are two Sheratons in Seoul. Instead of risking having to wait for taxi or possibly going to the wrong Sheraton, we took some of the money we have saved by reading these forums to take the limo.

At the hotel entrance we were greeted, by name, by a hotel representative that took us up to the 41st floor. He introduced us to the hotel and where the different services are located.

At the sign-in desk we were welcomed, again by name, by Sean, the on-duty manager, who said that the hotel manager sent his apologies that he could not be there to greet us. Check-in was fast and we were effortlessly upgrade to a suite that sounds similar to uxb's.

I did notice that the room has a strong smell in the bathroom. Smells like new construction. My wife said it is not too objectionable.
Shoot just missed you. I left today. After though service is attentive and staff are superb in the normal Korean way. Great hotel.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 11:26 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Hi I am thinking to book this hotel. There are 3 rate options

Option 1:
Sheraton Power Up Package - KRW 265,000
Deluxe, non-smoking: King Bed, Bathtub
Our Special Offer Includes Daily Breakfast And Daily In-room High Speed Internet Access

Option 2:
Deluxe King Bed - KRW 235,000
Deluxe, non-smoking: King Bed,Steam shower without bath/bathtube (both option is avail)
No Breakfast and internet

Option 3 (prepaid):
Club floor, non-smoking: King Bed - KRW 252,000
Free high speed internet access, Breakfast in lounge, Steam shower without bath

Any suggestion which option is should take? I am SPG Gold, which mean I can choose option for Internet.

So question is it worth to pay extra extra KRW17,000 (option 3) or KRW 30,000(option 1) for breakfast and internet.

Should I take club room or just normal room or does not matter?

Any comment and suggestion?

Last edited by lingua101; Aug 1, 2012 at 11:37 am
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: BD *S, SQ nada
Seems that not many FTers are staying at this property currently.

Any idea what the usual upgrades for plats are here? Have a stay in Seoul coming up and deciding between the usual westin or this new sheraton.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Usually a club room. They only upgrade to the Executive Suite and I don't think they have very many (there are only 12 suites in total).
Old Aug 17, 2012, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by kaysquare
Seems that not many FTers are staying at this property currently.

Any idea what the usual upgrades for plats are here? Have a stay in Seoul coming up and deciding between the usual westin or this new sheraton.

I had a great stay here - plat upgrade to suite. Breakfast at Feast is really nice too and on par if not better than the Westin. View is very nice as well. Evening lounge hot food selection better than the Westin and not as crowded when I was there.

I think it depends on where you need to be for meetings / what you want to see. You can't beat the location of the Westin for north of the river. But if you don't mind taking the subway/taxi then this Sheraton provides a nice alternative.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:13 am

Programs: UA, AA, LUV, SPG
Just got back from a 3 day stay. Nice hotel and access to public transportation was awesome as the subway is downstairs and out about 100 yards. Did not do the hotel food bit as we wanted to sample the local cuisine.

We arrived late on a Friday night. Staff was extremely helpful and even helped us negotiate our cab fare as the cab driver had us on a metered fare that was twice the expected rate.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 5:55 am
Used to be highman123

I'm at the hotel right now. Fantastic property so far. While I was not upgraded (as Gold) to a Club Floor they invited me for happy hour to the lounge

Pros:

- extremely friendly, knowledgeable and fluent in English staff, something you won't find at the W Walkerhill Seoul

- I checked in in the 38th floor lounge, what a nice treat

- brand new property with high quality finishings, spacious rooms and bathrooms, high quality bedding

- direct access to the mall (use the hotel elevator) - I had a great Korean kimchi dinner for $6, dozens of other restaurants

- subway is right downstairs

- 'happy hour' in the lounge had some good hot and cold food options but just glanced at it

- fantastic views from the high floors

- Internet is fast

- C+P rate is 4k + $60 which is really fair

- great looking spa/gym but haven't used it

Con:

- haven't found anything (yet)
Old Sep 4, 2012, 5:32 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Indeed a nice property. The staffs are very friendly and very accomodating and helpful.

I hate the fact that I have to change lift also was told that I need to pay to use the sauna/steam. Only gym comes or free.

This is the first time I heard such thing in 4-5 stars international brand ever
Old Sep 4, 2012, 6:03 am
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by lingua101
Indeed a nice property. The staffs are very friendly and very accomodating and helpful.

I hate the fact that I have to change lift also was told that I need to pay to use the sauna/steam. Only gym comes or free.

This is the first time I heard such thing in 4-5 stars international brand ever
I agree the lift changing can be annoying. W Walkerhill charges extra for sauna too - did not know the Sheraton does (haven't used it). Also food/breakfast is pricey with 36,000 KRW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.