Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

ITC Mughal, Agra, India [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITC Mughal, Agra, India [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2010, 3:49 pm
azj

I just booked a room here for September using cash and points with no problems. 1600 points and $30 USD. A great price IMO.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by azj
I just booked a room here for September using cash and points with no problems. 1600 points and $30 USD. A great price IMO.
this place is a steal as a cat 2 property....
Old Aug 28, 2010, 6:01 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
It's a bit less of a steal right now with the construction going on: the main lobby is closed, so reception is currently housed in a small room off the side, which is a real PITA to get to while carrying/pushing anything (lots of stairs/narrow hallways involved). The bar and main restaurant are also relocated due to the construction, which makes for an interesting feel in the bar, at least.

I got the distinct impression they are trying to make up for the significant lack of facilities by increasing the personal attention, but I found it over-the-top, as our "butler" was constantly pressuring us to let her know our plans, make reservations, etc. etc. We booked dinner reservations at her insistence since "the restaurant is always full in the evening," only to dine in a near-empty (although perfectly serviceable) restaurant. Moreover, the concierge refused to recommend any local off-property options, citing "poor sanitation", saying they could only suggest the other 5-star hotel options (of which there are three, including chains Oberoi and Trident). Not particularly helpful.

No lounge, and (not surprisingly) no upgrade for a gold. I tried both online and at checkin to upgrade to a suite using points, but was denied despite the reception staffer indicating we could have our choice of suites should we choose to pay a small, 10 000 INR up-charge on our 3700 INR rate
Old Aug 28, 2010, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i have a stay coming here next week....but after reading erasmus's post it may not be a bad idea to switch to another property....then again, i'm only there for a one night stay so if no rooms are effected & there is no noise then i don't think there should be any problem....
Old Aug 29, 2010, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Explorist, SPG gold
Upgraded to a huge "junior suite" which had a dining room, living room with 2 gold fish, separate bedroom and humongous bathroom. Separate massage chair, 2 flat screen TVs, work table... and get this, a private butler. She made my reservations for lunch, suggested time and place to visit around Agra, got me stuff I wanted, checked to see if everything was OK, came by and was waiting for me after the complimentary breakfast buffet again to see if all was good. The suite also gets you access to the spa (sauna) facilities (surprisingly not the plat status, but the room), which I would truly recommend. There is also a swimming pool close to the entrance to the spa which was not being used much. I spent a good 30 minuted there all by myself enjoying the peace and quiet. The renovation was still ongoing during my stay about 2 weeks ago, but could not hear anything from my room.

The only downside was during the spa facility. I wished they would just let me in and let me be. They were constantly trying to tell me where to go where next and to do what next. However, this may be just the way they are in India...
Old Aug 30, 2010, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coterie
2 gold fish
you have to love the fish....have stayed here 4 times since may this year....each time i got a suite & each time the 2 gold fish gave me company....
Old Nov 2, 2010, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Marriott Platinum
Any idea as to when the constructions are scheduled to be completed? We are staying here late this December.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lutzboy
Any idea as to when the constructions are scheduled to be completed? We are staying here late this December.
its supposed to be done by the 5th of november, so even if its a little late i would expect it to be done by late december....
Old Nov 3, 2010, 9:01 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Marriott Platinum
Good to know - thanks Saad!
Old Nov 12, 2010, 10:14 am

Hey, does anyone know if this hotel charges the luxury tax? on straight award stays? award stays with upgrade? cash and pt stays?

thnx!
r
Old Nov 12, 2010, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rgm18
Hey, does anyone know if this hotel charges the luxury tax? on straight award stays? award stays with upgrade? cash and pt stays?

thnx!
r
i've been upgraded a bunch of times here & i don't remember ever paying the luxury tax....
Old Dec 26, 2010, 7:03 pm

Just stayed here last week. This has to be -by far and away- the best value on hotel/points scale. Amazing hotel. Our 4,000 pt room had a living room, bathroom, luggage room, and bedroom.

Here's our bedroom:

Last edited by jfranci3; Dec 26, 2010 at 7:20 pm
Old Jan 15, 2011, 3:31 pm

Programs: MR Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
My (then) husband and I will be staying here for two nights on points during our honeymoon. Excited to hear it's a great property, especially now that (hopefully) the renovations are complete!
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:49 am

Programs: More shiny with hotels than airlines.
Originally Posted by MemphisQueen
My (then) husband and I will be staying here for two nights on points during our honeymoon. Excited to hear it's a great property, especially now that (hopefully) the renovations are complete!
I am just back from a 2 nights stay at ITC Mughal. The renovation of the lobby is finished and is a success. It's really nice, airy and cosy. I was given a so-called renovated room but renovation seems to have been minimal : new paint on walls, a new bed head and a LCD TV. Nothing more. Restaurant is not yet renovated and really really needs it.

Pros:
- at 3000 starpoints a night, breakfast included, it was a very good deal,
- Royal Spa is splendid and treatments are excellent,
- just minutes from Taj Mahal, lots of restaurants in the street and yet very quiet in lush gardens,
- large rooms, plenty of natural water provided, cheap and fast Internet.

Cons:
- food is overpriced (1600 INR for a chicken tikka at their Indian restaurant, 250 INR (and it's still not cheap for India !) right across the street at the very nice Pinch of Spice, just as tasty),
- front desk staff didn't know about Instant Awards and denied their existence. Tried again and was more lucky but awards offered are of terrible value for points. Other few issues with the staff.
- no upgrade given (but I'm just a meaningless Gold status ) and points didn't post correctly (48 starpoints posted immediatly, but for $192 value)
- 2000 INR for access to sauna / hammam / jacuzzi (cold), but complimentary with a 800 INR treatment

So it is a very nice place. My advise is : go for it, don't eat there, don't ask too much to the staff and you'll enjoy
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:31 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Stayed there for a one-night stay and it is a very nice property, but some service aspects could be improved.

One important thing to note is that they have NO luggage storage due to "security reasons" - first I have encountered that at any Starwood property. As we checked out at 4 pm and our train back to New Delhi did not leave until 8:30 pm we had to hire a car and driver to do some more sightseeing instead of leaving our luggage at the hotel and walking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.