Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Philadelphia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Philadelphia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2011, 10:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ekardz
They want 10k starpoints for the reservation. Is that a reasonable amount given the date I am staying
Only you can decide if the 10K points is worth it to you based on your cash position, your points balance, and your personal valuation for the room. However, it's usually considered a better deal to get Cash & Points if they offer it (which, in your case, they don't).
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Review: 1 night stay

Booked a 1 night stay using AAA rate for a sat night on March 10-11th. Paid $139/night rate. Valet parking at $42 per day is high for Philadelphia standards.

As platinum, I was given a suite facing the city hall (only a partial view of the city hall is available). Suites are smaller. Obtained vouchers for continental breakfast for next morning and paid extra to upgrade one of the vouchers to a hot breakfast (eggs, etc). Continental breakfast comes with the tea, the Omelette platter did not include the tea, so ended up paying close to $10 to upgrade from continental to Omelette and toast and hash brown type platter.

Overall, a nice stay.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
FYI there's a public lot (underground) diagonally across the street that's $20 for 24 hours IIRC
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
FYI there's a public lot (underground) diagonally across the street that's $20 for 24 hours IIRC
There's also a $5 (weekend) and $18 (weekday, I think) lot at 15th and Spring, 3 blocks behind the hotel.

Recently under Packages & Promotions or whatever there have been rates including breakfast and parking for the same rate as the lowest prepaid (I think I paid $119 a few weeks ago).
Old Mar 30, 2012, 3:43 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Thumbs up Really Cool Hotel

I just checked in here and it's great.

I was automatically upgraded from the booked room ($159/night - Accessible basic room) to a Jr. Suite. Lobby was clean.

Valet is $38 / night.

The architecture is really interesting.

The room is spacious with a large sitting area with coffee table, and flat TV and bedroom is separated with a full wall + door.

Bathroom is large with 2 sinks and jumbo shower.

They offered amenities: Free Movie, Free Breakfast or 500 SPG. I chose FB.

Internet is comp'ed as is standard for Plat.

temperature control is good. Carpet is new. Shower pressure is good. Closet is a bit small. location is great.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 8:43 pm

P.S. The wifi is amazingly fast. One of the rare hotels where I can watch Netflix.com without stop and go choppy video.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 9:49 pm

Stayed here one night this weekend. Rate was $200. I got it for 4000 Starpoints and $60 and made the booking at 10pm the night before.

Did not get upgrade. 2 weddings going on that day.

Parking was $38... kind of a rip off. I made another booking for my friend with C&P and he parked down the street for $5 overnight. Gotta do that next time.

Decent hotel. It's my second stay.

Room was nice. The table was a bit dirty as if somebody spilled a clear beverage on it and let it dry overnight but i did not fuss about it.

The bathroom looked kind of tired and worn out. Not as "french" or "modern" as the rest of the place.

The Iron sucks. it was like 2 pounds and was so hard to get my clothes looking nice and fresh for the evening. The towels were kind of rough and not as nice and plush as I'm used to usually.

Overall great for the C&P option, great location, parking is too expensive for me but I was just in for 24h and didnt want to look around.

I would stay here again for sure. I've gotten the Suite (Junior) before and it's really great but this was not a bad room at all.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 5:06 pm

Stayed here for one night this past weekend, we paid around $100 a night on priceline.
Was able to add my spg number to the reservation and our internet fee was waived. Hotel is conveniently located.

Room 1008 on the 10th floor was on the top floor, at the end of the corridor, nicely furnished, flat screen tv - no view.

The bar downstairs seemed to be the place to be when we returned on saturday night.
internet fee showed up on the invoice they slipped under the door, but there were no problems when I asked them to remove it on check-out.

Main entrance to the hotel required a few steps up and then a heavy door. It was not always staffed, handicapped entrance on the side was locked when we tried after midnight. Main entrance is not recommended if you have to carry your own bags. Lobby was small and modern.

Parking tip: use the lot on 15th and Arch to save 50%. It was $8.50 per day on the weekends for 24 hours.

Last edited by babiemindy; Oct 3, 2012 at 10:05 am
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Just had a quick one night stay at the LeMeridien Philly. Overall I was pretty impressed by the hotel and the staff. One thing I haven't seen mentioned in the thread (but I didn't read the entire thing) is that the restaurant is actually very good. I wasn't in the mood to venture out so I had dinner there and the quality of the food and the service were some of the best I have experienced at a hotel restaurant. Only small issue I had was that at arrival there was no valet or bellman to be found. I waited a while and then I just ran in to the front desk and asked. Agent said she would page the valet and then actually came outside to tell me that he was "multi-tasking" and would be there in a minute or so. When I got to the front desk after the valet arrived, the agent said she would comp me the cost of the internet for having to wait. Would definitely stay at the hotel again and I think the hotel is a good representation of the LeMeridien brand which I hope is expanded in the US.

Last edited by christianj; Nov 21, 2012 at 8:49 am
Old Nov 30, 2012, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Hanks a lot for the insight!

Just booked my six night stay in PHL at this place and for sure going to find that parking lot on 15th and Spring. Last time I was there in July and I got too frustrated just finding the place that I opted to valet and left the car there for at least three days before I needed it!

And I will explore the lobby and restaurant for sure this time around too! My last stay had me busy and in and out of that place so fast each day that I never explored it! But I do recall that the place was a party scene once the weekend rolled around!

Loved my basic room and the staff encountered we're friendly and helpful indeed!

Looking forward to my next much more informative stay this time!
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Gold, Virgin Silver
My parents are going to stay here after Philly- it's got a great review on Tripadvisor and I'm likely to be platinum by then.

Any tips for them? I want them to have a good stay.

Should I call the concierge?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by captain_starwood
My parents are going to stay here after Philly- it's got a great review on Tripadvisor and I'm likely to be platinum by then.

Not sure what you hope to achieve by calling the concierge. If your platinum then if there are standard suites available you should get one of those. If you want to guarantee an upgrade I would suggest booking the room you want.

Keep in mind that the decor of the hotel is modern. If your parents are okay with this then great but if they typically like more traditional decor they may like either the Westin or Sheraton better.

Last edited by christianj; Dec 2, 2012 at 6:28 am
Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by captain_starwood

Are you staying with your parents? As mentioned the hotel is very modern and if you and your parents are not into that type of design scheme or popular lobby area/restaurant, then the Westin may be a better option. In addition, the Westin is closer to more restaurants and other must see things.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Does anyone know home many suites this property has? I was offered a selection of 4 categories when I spoke to a concierge about booking a suite. And I'm able to view the four classes online. I was just wondering if there were multiples of these classes.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 9:23 pm

Programs: MAR Lifetime Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Spire Amb., Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Any recent reports? How would this compare to Sheraton Society Hill for a weekend stay for a platinum?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.