Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Philadelphia [Master Thread]

Le Meridien Philadelphia [Master Thread]

Old Jun 6, 2010, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by chanp
Thanks for the review. We need some FT pics
Sorry I didn't bring a camera with me... hadn't expected to do a review at all but while in the room I visited this thread thread and saw there weren't a lot of details out there yet I decided to add a few. I'm now at the Westin Philadelphia for the next two nights.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
I am in Philly for 1 night and night guidance on which hotel. I will have a car and my flights are such that I arrive in the morning and leave the next morning (9ish). My meetings are near Radnor.

Based on reviews of the various hotels in Philadelphia, I am strongly leaning towards the LM (only $20 more than the Sheraton Suites at PHL on my company rate).

Real question is whether I will dread traffic heading back to PHL at 7am? Is the extra driving worth the effort?
Old Jul 23, 2010, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
I spent last night at the Le Meridien Philadelphia. It was more like a W than I was expecting, although the room is larger. This is the first time I have posted pictures which has sucked all the life out of me that I don't have the energy to write a review except to say the employees were very attentive and helpful, almost. Valet takes a while and although my car was waiting for me in about 10 minutes the car hiker had took another 10 minutes to show up with my keys.

Last edited by envgeo; Jul 23, 2010 at 2:51 pm
Old Aug 3, 2010, 3:18 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Thanks for the pics!!!!
Old Sep 14, 2010, 5:04 am

Programs: UA 1.3 MM, UA Plt, Marriott Lifetime Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Lounge?

Did I read correctly that there is no lounge? What are Plats offered in lieu of lounge?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 3:32 pm

Stayed here twice in the last few weeks. Fantastic hotel. A little W-ish in that its very stylish and modern, but much less hectic, loud, or sceney than a typical W. We've been upgraded to a suite both times (through a contact) and the suite rooms that face Arch Street are very nicely decorated and roomy. Super comfy beds and friendly staff.

Valet Parking is $38, but garage parking is abundant in Philly. Last time I was there, I parked in a city garage under JFK Plaza exactly caty-corner to the hotel (entrance is on Arch btwn 16 and 17) and it was $20 a night.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 3:58 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by mansh17
Did I read correctly that there is no lounge? What are Plats offered in lieu of lounge?
That is correct, there is no lounge, and no offerings are made in lieu of one either.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: SPG, AA, QF
Staying here in December, thanks for the pics!
Old Nov 10, 2010, 5:01 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
looks like this property is only 1 block from the convention center^
Old Nov 10, 2010, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by HOTguy
Stayed here twice in the last few weeks. Fantastic hotel. A little W-ish in that its very stylish and modern, but much less hectic, loud, or sceney than a typical W. We've been upgraded to a suite both times (through a contact) and the suite rooms that face Arch Street are very nicely decorated and roomy. Super comfy beds and friendly staff.

Valet Parking is $38, but garage parking is abundant in Philly. Last time I was there, I parked in a city garage under JFK Plaza exactly caty-corner to the hotel (entrance is on Arch btwn 16 and 17) and it was $20 a night.
Fab property, easily my favourite spg in Philadelphia. Very good French restaurant off lobby. Great wine selection. A W for grownups, which is how I also view the SLS Beverly Hills. No suite as plat, but very gracious reception and very large king room.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 8:44 pm

Le Meridien - Thanksgiving weekend

This was my last night in Philly after Thanksgiving. This was the BEST hotel night of my entire weekend. Too bad it was only for 1 night. I saved the best for last. Checked in early around 1pm & was give a King room on the 10 floor which is one of the Starwood Preferred floors. it was a corner room, so there was a little extra space in a long hallway. The room has a contemporary vibe similar to a W hotel. The decor is minimalist but not cold. The lobby is a lounge with a small checkin area off to the side. I had stopped in around noon & was told that my room might be ready in an hour which it was. I left my bags with the front desk while I took in the city. Everyone that I encountered at this property was stellar & could not do enough for you. From directions to restaurant recommendations, to just being overly pleasant & helpful. I would stay here every time I am in my former home city. The room was GREAT!!!! The bed comfy, The bathroom large & well appointed. Flat panel TV & nice high desk for working. The 5th floor business center area & social area were very nice as they are in a large interior courtyard area with a large skylight overhead 6 floors up. Internet was readily available in this area for free & I never had to wait for a PC. Did not try the restaurant, but have heard good things. Loved, Loved, Loved the Le Meridien Philadelphia. This was the best bargain of my weekend as I got it for a rate of $99.00 a night. Too bad I couldn't extend my weekend...

Last edited by robertwcook16; Dec 6, 2010 at 2:36 pm
Old Jan 24, 2011, 2:39 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
I just spent a night here. What a wonderful property! I was upgraded at check in to a suite on the 10th floor which nice views of City Hall and the Masonic temple.

It has a very W vibe, but the staff is overtly warm and friendly (so, very non-W in that manner). The decor is really trendy but with an old-meets-new vibe. The bar was lively on a Sunday night but not fist-pumping-techno-thudding like Ws.

Great location. A couple minute walk to the subway station and to the SEPTA regional rail station. Only a 10 minute or so walk from the major downtown Philly theaters.

I'd stay here again and again.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 1:53 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Just checked in.
No lounge. Nothing in lieu of it.
Asked about an upgrade, and was "upgraded" to a room on the 10th floor (was originally on 9th). Wow, one floor up. I should be so grateful.

No suite upgrade for this PLT. It's ok, it's just the two of us.

Staff so far are fine (except for a kind of aloofness at front desk). Room is smallish. Stylish, maybe, but rather small. Oh well. It's cheap.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by choptliva
Just checked in.
No lounge. Nothing in lieu of it.
Asked about an upgrade, and was "upgraded" to a room on the 10th floor (was originally on 9th). Wow, one floor up. I should be so grateful.

No suite upgrade for this PLT. It's ok, it's just the two of us.

Staff so far are fine (except for a kind of aloofness at front desk). Room is smallish. Stylish, maybe, but rather small. Oh well. It's cheap.
Honestly, what were you expecting? How many Le Meridien properties have lounges? How many do something in lieu of it? If you wanted a lounge you could have stayed at the Sheraton.

How many selected standard suites does this property have and were they all booked?

Didn't you research the property before booking? You know the W & newer Le Merdiens are super similar in style, design and type of guest.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 6:25 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
Honestly, what were you expecting? How many Le Meridien properties have lounges? How many do something in lieu of it? If you wanted a lounge you could have stayed at the Sheraton.

How many selected standard suites does this property have and were they all booked?

Didn't you research the property before booking? You know the W & newer Le Merdiens are super similar in style, design and type of guest.
Honestly, I was reporting my own observations. Honestly, did you see me actually complaining that I wasn't treated well enough or anything? Or honestly, did you feel like being argumentative for the sake of being so?

And I did not honestly know that one is not permitted to report on observations just because some others feel they already knew. Honestly, have a good life.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.