Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Resort and The Romanos, Costa Navarino, Greece [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Resort and The Romanos, Costa Navarino, Greece [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2010, 1:55 pm
Community Director Emerita

More pictures have been added to their facebook page today. I'd like one of these rooms with that view, please.
Old May 31, 2010, 12:32 am

Programs: EK Platinum - SPG Platinum
Dear Leah Lenihan,

One month ago, I booked 4 rooms, for my family and friends, at the Westin Costa Navarino, from 9 to 16 July
I noticed that this hotel was expected to open on June 4 and the opening has been postponed to July 1.
However reservations are only accepted from July 23.

Does it means that the hotel will be in soft-opening from July 1 to July 23?
If so, can I expect all facilities (restaurants and swimming pools, SPA) to be fully operational prior to July 23rd?

Thanks
Pedro Lemos
Old May 31, 2010, 1:19 am
Company Representative

Opening of facilites

Dear Mr Lemos,
I appreciate your concern with regard to the delayed opening. We are fully booked for July until the 23rd which is why we aren't taking reservations so there is no need to worry.

I can assure you that all facilities will be open during your stay. The Anazoe Spa and the restaurants in the Agora (the village) open on June 2nd. (The restaurants in the Romanos Resort opened on May 20th). The swimming pools in the Westin will open with the hotel on July 1st. The Golf course also opened on May 20th.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you in advance of your stay.
Kind regards
Leah Lenihan
on behalf of Starwood Costa Navarino
Old May 31, 2010, 1:25 am
Company Representative

That view...

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K;1404[LIST
[/LIST]7487]More pictures have been added to their facebook page today. I'd like one of these rooms with that view, please.
In case anyone is wondering how to get this view, this is one of our Premium Infinity Suites. All of our Premium rooms benefit from the unobstructed sea views and various categories and room types are available - just ask for
  • Premium Deluxe
  • Premium Infinity Room (with private pool)
  • Premium Infinity Suite

Interconnecting options are also available if you are traveling with children.

Kind regards
Leah Lenihan
Old May 31, 2010, 6:28 am

The problem with booking award stays in Westin resorts is that everything else is very expensive. A breakfast can cost you more that 50 euro per person.
Old May 31, 2010, 7:01 am
Company Representative

Breakfast Charges

Originally Posted by alterman
The problem with booking award stays in Westin resorts is that everything else is very expensive. A breakfast can cost you more that 50 euro per person.
To confirm -although most of our rate plans include breakfast, if you book with points breakfast is not included. However our breakfast charges are not as high as suggested here, the prices are as follows;

The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino;
  • Continental Breakfast €17
  • American Breakfast €22

The Romanos, a Luxury Collection Resort
  • Continental Breakfast €20
  • American Breakfast €25

Best regards,

Leah Lenihan
Old May 31, 2010, 11:48 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by StarwoodCostaNavarino
To confirm -although most of our rate plans include breakfast, if you book with points breakfast is not included. However our breakfast charges are not as high as suggested here, the prices are as follows;

The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino;
  • Continental Breakfast €17
  • American Breakfast €22

The Romanos, a Luxury Collection Resort
  • Continental Breakfast €20
  • American Breakfast €25

Best regards,

Leah Lenihan
Your property looks pretty nice. I may stop by in Aug. Thanks for your feedback here.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 12:15 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by sc flier
...Drive time from ATH is estimated at around 4 1/2 hours...
...The drive from Athens is just under 4 hours, we recommend that those driving from Athens take the route via Kyparissia. We have been very fortunate as the route from Athens as seen significant improvement this year with a new tunnel and new dual carriageway...

Leah, how confident are you about the drive time to Athens? If I have an international flight (to USA) departing ATH at 12:30pm on a Tuesday, is it realistic to stay at The Romanos, Costa Navarino the night prior? What time would I realistically need to leave the hotel in order to arrive at the airport a few hours pre-flight, accounting for rush hour (?) traffic? Would a 6am departure be safe, or would I need to leave earler? Could I get away with any later?

Thanks,
andymo99
Old Jun 16, 2010, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
From the Costa Navarino Twitter page:

Celebrate the opening of The Romanos with a free souvenir of your trip, just mention twitter in your reservation http://bit.ly/cyL2if

No idea how long this offer will be honored.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 1:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
These hotels look stunning and I can't wait for the opening

Although guests are being accepted, we all know that a decent Starwood is not officially open until SanDiego1K has been and given us a report
Originally Posted by sc flier
Drive time from ATH is estimated at around 4 1/2 hours. There are 1 or 2 flights per day from ATH to Kalamata airport which is about 45 minutes away.
Thanks sc flier for the tip about the closer airport (IATA code KLX) which I could not find on the Westin website, and to StarwoodCostaNavarino for being here ^ There seems to be a daily hop from ATH on Aegean in the late afternoon.

Is there any more information on the ease of getting to the resort and around the local area? It sounds ideal for those willing to tour by car, which I prefer not to do on holiday, but the tranquility appeals to me so it would seem worth the extra effort. Or should I stick to the Blue Palace close to ATH?
Old Jun 17, 2010, 1:31 am
Company Representative

Drive Times

Originally Posted by andymo99
Leah, how confident are you about the drive time to Athens? If I have an international flight (to USA) departing ATH at 12:30pm on a Tuesday, is it realistic to stay at The Romanos, Costa Navarino the night prior? What time would I realistically need to leave the hotel in order to arrive at the airport a few hours pre-flight, accounting for rush hour (?) traffic? Would a 6am departure be safe, or would I need to leave earler? Could I get away with any later?

Thanks,
andymo99
Hi andymo99,

Although in theory you should be ok, my concern would be how long before your flight you need to check-in, drop back a rental car etc - also leaving at 6 would leave you very little room for error (if you were to get lost, hit traffic coming into Athens...) it would probably be safer, and less stressful if you were to stay in Athens the night before.

Leah
Old Jun 17, 2010, 1:47 am
Company Representative

Getting here & Getting around...

Originally Posted by ajamieson

Although guests are being accepted, we all know that a decent Starwood is not officially open until SanDiego1K has been and given us a report

Thanks sc flier for the tip about the closer airport (IATA code KLX) which I could not find on the Westin website, and to StarwoodCostaNavarino for being here ^ There seems to be a daily hop from ATH on Aegean in the late afternoon.

Is there any more information on the ease of getting to the resort and around the local area? It sounds ideal for those willing to tour by car, which I prefer not to do on holiday, but the tranquility appeals to me so it would seem worth the extra effort. Or should I stick to the Blue Palace close to ATH?
Greetings from Costa Navarino,

As mentioned Kalamata (KLX) is the closer airport (approx. 50km /31 miles). The Aegean Airways flight departs Athens at 16.05 daily (flight time 40 mins).

For getting around you have several options, for those wishing to rent a car we have an agreement in place with Hertz who offer our guests preferential rates and have a booth in the resort. You can of course organize to pick your car up from the airport.

For those who would prefer to leave the driving to us, airport transfers are available to the resort, and guided tours of the area are available every day (options include Methoni, Pylos and Koroni Castles, Kalamata, La Sapienza island, Mystras, Olympia, Ancient Messini and The Diros Caves.)

Please don't hesitate to contact me again if you would like any further clarification on the above.

Leah Lenihan
Old Jun 17, 2010, 6:08 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Hi andymo99,

Although in theory you should be ok, my concern would be how long before your flight you need to check-in, drop back a rental car etc - also leaving at 6 would leave you very little room for error (if you were to get lost, hit traffic coming into Athens...) it would probably be safer, and less stressful if you were to stay in Athens the night before.

Leah
So good to have you here Leah. We'll be flying Business Class, and so I'd be comfortable checking in by 11am for a 1230pm flight. We'll have to struggle with the decision of whether to drive back the night before vs. getting up super early.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by ajamieson

Just so it's clear, The Romanos opened in May. The Westin's opening date has been delayed to July 1. (This difference can't fit well into the already-long thread title.)

Blue Palace is not near ATH. Blue Palace is on eastern Crete. It's about a 90 minute drive from Heraklion to Elounda.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 11:57 pm

Programs: EK Platinum - SPG Platinum
We will stay at Westin Costa Navarino from July 9 and so far I experienced an outstanding support from Leah and the hotel staff trying to accommodate the logistic nightmare that is flying to Kalamata with Aegean Airways.
Two weeks prior to the arrival date, my impression of the hotel staff is already VERY GOOD.

Aegean Airways initially planned to serve Kalamata twice a day. We booked our flights to and from Athens based on Aegean flights to Kalamata and we also purchased Aegean tickets Athens – Kalamata – Athens.

Then Aegean decided to cancel the morning flight. They said for operational reasons, it’s obvious they are lying and it’s for pure financial reasons. The load factor doesn’t justify 2 flights per day.

Now we are obliged to spend one extra night in Athens in our way out.
We had to change the connecting flights for the next day and pay an extra 832 Euros.
Between the extra nights in Athens and the changing fee, thanks to Aegean Airways this trip will cost us an extra 1,492 Euros.

Thumbs Up for the Costa Navarino
Thumbs Down for Aegean Airways

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.