Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Starwood VIP: is there a status above platinum? [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2007, 4:25 am
Original Poster

I was at an SPG hotel recently and needed to print something out and the attendant at the exec lounge let me use her computer and there was a sticker along the top of the monitor that I had plenty of time to read.

It showed the various levels of SPG status, what was needed to get them and what the benefits were. Above Platinum was 'VIP Preferred' and the single stated benefit, above all the other levels of course, was guaranteed suite upgrade with at least 7 days notice. It also said that this level was 'invite only'.

I have searched on here and found no mention of it before which surprised me, please correct me if I am wrong...

Does anyone know what criteria need to be fulflilled to achieve this staus level?
Old Jan 9, 2007, 4:50 am

Programs: BA-Gld, BD Lifetime Gld, LH Pleb, *Wd GPG, HH-Dmd, Amex: can take their Cent card and <CENSORED>
Talking

.... Given that one of the potential criteria is to own an SPG branded property, I seem to recall various hypothetical discussions on here as to what was the most run-down, flea-bitten 4-Pts franchise that you could pick up cheap and.......

Now if only ALL the investors got VIP preferred, we could probably get an FT-*Wood consortium going, and I know there's some properties that we'd all desperately like to see under new management....

Willard the Bear - And guaranteed suite upgrades for bears, naturally!
Old Jan 9, 2007, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KenF
.... Given that one of the potential criteria is to own an SPG branded property,
Gosh, I think if I owned an SPG property I would want a little more than a guaranteed suite if I book at least 7 days in advance!
Old Jan 9, 2007, 6:59 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
well

Originally Posted by Pyeinthesky
Gosh, I think if I owned an SPG property I would want a little more than a guaranteed suite if I book at least 7 days in advance!
7days in advance and a suite is fine , isnt it?

i think that the GMs will put other GMs in a deluxe suite or a bigger suite, i dont think that any of the GMs risk that other owners tell others GMs they know that GM x put him only in a junior suite

dp
Old Jan 9, 2007, 6:59 am

Programs: AA EP 4+ million miles, Ambassador+ Elite
VIP Status

Well I own 4 *wood properties and have been a *wood Platinum for over 10 years and no one has invited me to have VIP status...so much for that. William..what's the story here?
Old Jan 9, 2007, 11:20 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by 1AAFlyer
Well I own 4 *wood properties and have been a *wood Platinum for over 10 years and no one has invited me to have VIP status...so much for that. William..what's the story here?
Maybe you should contact someone in the Atlanta franchise office?

Good luck.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Jan 9, 2007, 12:12 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
To be clear, the requirement is that one own or be an owning principal of a STARWOOD BRANDED COMMERCIAL LODGING ESTABLISHMENT, such as a group of investors who own the Westin Providence, for example.

If you indeed own four Starwood properties then you are among a very elite group. Care to share with us which ones they are?

Old Jan 9, 2007, 3:42 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Plat (earned as Starwood), Canadian Amex Plat & resulting statuses, WestJet Silver
Although this is second hand info, the father-in-law of one of my colleagues is supposedly VIP Preferred, apparently as a result of a personal relationship with a *wood exec who bumped him up from Plat. Apparently there isn't a whole lot of difference and I heard about one situation where he was initially denied an upgrade upon presenting his VIP card because that property "only gives upgrades to Platinum members."
Old Jan 10, 2007, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum
When you say that, do you mean four vacation properties, or four hotels? There's a huge, huge difference.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
My ex-boyfriend had Starwood VIP status. He was a corporate officer in a Fortune 500 company that had some sort of arrangement with Starwood that Starwood was their preferred hotel. He got the card within weeks of getting this position. We got some pretty sweet suite upgrades after that.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 3:47 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JNelson113
My ex-boyfriend had Starwood VIP status. He was a corporate officer in a Fortune 500 company that had some sort of arrangement with Starwood that Starwood was their preferred hotel. He got the card within weeks of getting this position. We got some pretty sweet suite upgrades after that.
Too bad it's all in past tense, huh?

A committed FlyerTalker would have kept the ol' boy around -- just for those suite upgrades!
HollyGlen likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 7:51 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, 10% progress towards lifetime Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by JNelson113
And you broke up with him??????

Heck, if my wife wouldn't mind, I might date him.

ROFL
Old Jan 11, 2007, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Pizzaman
And you broke up with him??????

Heck, if my wife wouldn't mind, I might date him.

ROFL
Last I heard, he's still single, so you have a shot.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 4:00 am

Programs: UA Global Services, Starwood Platinum
Starwood VIP level

My guess is this question has been answered before but the search engine doesn't let you search for words less than 4 letters.

I was walking though the Westin Sukhumvit in Bangkok and saw an ad for Starwood that showed 4 cards - silver, gold, platinum and VIP. Having been platinum for several years in a row in excess of 100 nights a year, I wondered what the VIP card was given out for.

Thanks
Old Jan 5, 2008, 11:12 am

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
VIP levels

1.) Did anybody ever get an invitation to VIP 1 level?

2.) How does this work? Do you get an invitation letter from the hotel director or starwood CEO?

3.) Assunming that you are a CEO of a blue chip company or a member of parlament (ie minister) or a showbiz celebrity :-:, how does you get such an invitation? Who can you than turn to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.