Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Bandara, Jakarta, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Bandara, Jakarta, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2012, 11:18 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
May Stay

Stayed for a night as a stop-over. Called ahead for a pick-up at the domestic terminal and was met by a hotel rep who waited for the luggage to be unloaded. The shuttle was waiting and over all the pick-up experience very good.

If you did not call ahead, go to the Hotel Counter in the Arrivals section (International terminal). There is always a Sheraton person there who will get the shuttle for you. Seems to be the easiest way.

Was upgraded to a suite on the second floor automatically without any prodding.

The hotel is situated next to a lake and the pool is decent. A pretty relaxing setting for an airport hotel! Nothing around the hotel. Eat in or go to the airport There is a good travel agency inside the hotel which was helpful. You can book air tickets and they accept credit cards (not everyone does in Indonesia).

Was told the hotel guests are 50-60% airline crews. Which brings another point. In the thread saw prices of $50 or $60 quoted. The cheapest rate on SPG.com was $148++ so around $180 NETT. I find the rate ridiculous for an airport hotel. Le Meridien Jakarta was around $100.

The breakfast was decent, the staff friendly.

The drop-off back to the airport was not as smooth as the pick-up.
Although the shuttle is supposed to run every 30 mins, it really runs on demand. Give yourselves a little extra time. The drive is 10 mins.

Unfortunately, the driver dropped us off at terminal B whilst the flight was leaving from A. Thankfully in Indo arriving 20 mins before departure does not constitute a mortal sin
Old Mar 28, 2013, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Just arrived at the Sheraton Bandara. A great start and it's since gone sharply downhill

The good: The Sheraton Bandara sent someone to the airport to pay for my Lion Air ticket (after a call from a wonderful Ambassador) when Lion Air couldn't accept credit card payment, I was delayed in Hong Kong due to thunderstorms and my ticket hold would expire before I landed, and all flights to Yogyakarta on all airlines are sold out today. That was amazing service.

The bad: I peeled back the bed sheets at 1:20 a.m. after finally getting an international adapter delivered to find pretty disgusting stains (see photo below). The black hair on the duvet cover probably should have been a clue. It's now after 2 a.m. (and more than half an hour after I reported this to the manager) and housekeeping has managed to strip the bed but has not yet managed to put any clean sheets on the bed (and housekeeping has vanished since stripping the bed). No one's answering when I press the "Guest Services" button on the phone. Watching housekeeping stripping the bed, I noticed the duvet itself was clearly very urine stained. Maybe that's common and it's like sausage in that you just don't want to see it being made, but, in my mind, it should have been washed and not just covered again. The manager offered to give me breakfast for free (there's no lounge and breakfast is only free for platinums if chosen as the platinum amenity) for the inconvenience, which I might have been OK with had it been rectified quickly and it was not after 2 a.m. There are other cleanliness / maintenance issues as well, as you can see from other photos I've included. Definitely a disappointing showing.

Last edited by merrickdb; Mar 28, 2013 at 7:48 pm
Old Mar 28, 2013, 3:04 pm
Suspended

Gross! Hope you're compensated.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 4:37 am

Maybe hope the problems are fixed first before hoping for comp?
Old May 27, 2014, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA PLAT; SPG GOLD; AS MileagePlan
Post Sheraton @ CGK late Arrival

Hi All,

I'm staying @ the Sheraton next to the airport here @ CGK in Late August.

I will be arriving from NRT on JAL. The bird will lands around 1AM...on Saturday .

So when i book a reservation, do i need to book for a Friday night stay...? or get an early check-in for a stay starting on Saturday...?

Best

magellan99
Old May 27, 2014, 8:47 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Friday night. I would also make sure to notify the hotel you will be arriving late; guarantee the room to your credit card for late arrival and confirm late arrival on the day of the arrival if possible.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Anyone with recent stay experience here? The report from merrickdb is pretty gross - but on the flip side like magellan99 I'm arriving on the JL flight that lands at 1am and flying back out the next night at 9pm so I'd rather not trek all the way into Jakarta if it's decent enough (especially b/c it's 3k points)
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Just stayed there on an eight hour layover. It was a comedy of errors. First, though they do arrange a complimentary shuttle to the hotel, the airport agent was neither where I was told she would be nor outfitted the way I was told she would be. It was only by some searching and a lot of luck that I found her.

But the adventure continued...After a very pleasant and welcoming check-in, I couldn't print my boarding pass after repeated attempts at either of the the locations they sent me to. (Ironic for a quasi-airport hotel, eh?) In addition, I couldn't sign out of my gmail account at one of their computer terminals until after many efforts and consultations. Long story short - between the boarding pass and gmail glitches, I wasted nearly 90 minutes.

As for the hotel itself, the staff was quite nice. I did get upgraded to a suite, FWIW. But while not gross, the room was unimpressive. I would pick a regular room at most hotels over it.

Also, I couldn't control the air conditioner. Despite what temperature the controls indicated, it was either off (and oddly, kind of cold in the room) or on (and very cold).

It was dark, so I didn't really get a chance to check out the grounds and pool.

Bottom line is that I guess it's tolerable at 3,000 points/night, but I can't really recommend it and wouldn't go back.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Just stayed there on an eight hour layover. It was a comedy of errors. First, though they do arrange a complimentary shuttle to the hotel, the airport agent was neither where I was told she would be nor outfitted the way I was told she would be. It was only by some searching and a lot of luck that I found her.

But the adventure continued...After a very pleasant and welcoming check-in, I couldn't print my boarding pass after repeated attempts at either of the the locations they sent me to. (Ironic for a quasi-airport hotel, eh?) In addition, I couldn't sign out of my gmail account at one of their computer terminals until after many efforts and consultations. Long story short - between the boarding pass and gmail glitches, I wasted nearly 90 minutes.

As for the hotel itself, the staff was quite nice. I did get upgraded to a suite, FWIW. But while not gross, the room was unimpressive. I would pick a regular room at most hotels over it.

Also, I couldn't control the air conditioner. Despite what temperature the controls indicated, it was either off (and oddly, kind of cold in the room) or on (and very cold).

Bottom line is that I guess it's tolerable at 3,000 points/night, but I can't really recommend it and wouldn't go back.
Sounds like I would've been better off just sucking up a 5.5 hour layover and turning straight around to the CGK - NRT - DFW - RDU return. Oh well it's 3k points and a place to sleep for free which is important.

I just don't really want to trek all the way to the Grand Hyatt downtown at 1am unless I really have to (I have my yearly free credit card night from Hyatt that I could use there)
Old Jun 10, 2014, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by flyerdude88
Sounds like I would've been better off just sucking up a 5.5 hour layover and turning straight around to the CGK - NRT - DFW - RDU return. Oh well it's 3k points and a place to sleep for free which is important.

I just don't really want to trek all the way to the Grand Hyatt downtown at 1am unless I really have to (I have my yearly free credit card night from Hyatt that I could use there)
Oh, it should be ok. Just don't have high expectations. And hopefully/presumably you won't have the same boarding pass/gmail imbroglio I did.

In fairness, I ran into the manager who'd checked me in right after that imbroglio, and mentioned what had happened. When I checked out, they arranged a (complimentary) private car back to the airport rather than the shuttle, without me asking. So a bit of service recovery. Still, it didn't really compensate for the hassle I experience in my short time there.

If you do avail of the free shuttle upon arrival, get very clear directions on where to meet the rep and be prepared to possibly wait, as they run every 30 minutes (rather than on demand) so you might have to wait for other arriving guests.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, it should be ok. Just don't have high expectations. And hopefully/presumably you won't have the same boarding pass/gmail imbroglio I did.

In fairness, I ran into the manager who'd checked me in right after that imbroglio, and mentioned what had happened. When I checked out, they arranged a (complimentary) private car back to the airport rather than the shuttle, without me asking. So a bit of service recovery. Still, it didn't really compensate for the hassle I experience in my short time there.

If you do avail of the free shuttle upon arrival, get very clear directions on where to meet the rep and be prepared to possibly wait, as they run every 30 minutes (rather than on demand) so you might have to wait for other arriving guests.
^ much appreciated for the follow-up. Hopefully no major issues and a free place to stay is still a free place to stay right?
Old Jul 18, 2014, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just a brief follow-up to these previous posts. After writing to the hotel about my difficulties (something I never do, but as I've noted this was an unprecedented comedy of errors) I received a borderline unprofessional note from the general manager there in reply. He claimed that they had place me in a "limousine" (simply a regular car, and more important it saved me virtually no time) for my ride to the airport, asserted that there was nothing wrong with their computer system (despite the documented problems of their own personnel using two different terminals for tasks as simple as printing a boarding pass and logging out of gmail, and the simple matter of a guest having to waste 90 minutes on these simple processes during a short stay) and ignoring the snafu with the nearly failed airport pick-up. Not the worst problems in the world, to be sure, but the nature of his reply actually reflected the opposite of decent customer service. It soured me on the reliability of the place for longer stays or in dealing with more important matters. I'd recommend against it, even for a brief stopover and certainly for longer stays.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Just stayed at the Sheraton Bandara this week. Checked in about 2:00am on March 16 and checked out at 8:15pm the same day. Had cashed in SPG points for two nights to ensure my room would be there for my late arrival and have a place to hang out for my late departure. In my pre-arrival communications, the hotel followed up and confirmed pick-up time and noted my unique check-in/out requirements.

A little snafu on the pick-up. Their instructions were a little unclear at my reading (was told to meet them at door 2D - I thought they meant the exit doors or TERMINAL 2D but they meant DOOR D on the 2nd Level). Anyway, the Sheraton driver for the crew pick-up shuttle got hold of the concierge and they came to get me. Check-in at the property was easy. They had radioed ahead and had all of my registration information ready for me. I was given one of their Deluxe Lake View rooms. Pretty average - but clean, a Sweet Sleeper bed (much needed after 30 hours of travel) and AC.

The next morning I grabbed a coffee at the bar, worked out in the gym, hung out in the pool and then grabbed a late afternoon bite to eat at the Maxim bar (some of the best chicken satay I have had - incredible peanut sauce and a beer to go with it). the total bill during my stay was $16USD. The shuttle to the airport runs every 30 minutes so hopped on the 8:30pm back to the airport with no issues. Staff was incredibly polite and helpful. Only bad experience was at the pool area: 4 guys standing behind the bar yet no one waiting on people at the pool.

So, the Sheraton Bandara is what it is: a great stop if you need an airport overnight. Seems to be a bit of faded glory - overall design is pleasant but don't look too closely or you will see the rough edges. I would NEVER have paid the $120-130 rates they are quoting online. I paid 3,000SPG points per night which I think is a fair value. If you are going to pay for a room - look at the Ibis - much newer/modern.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Just had my 2nd stay at Sheraton Bandara last Sunday night. Same experience as before - one night stay with a morning departure to Bangkok. This time the hotel rep was in the Baggage Claim area to greet me and get to the shuttle (very nice). Had a lakeside 1st floor rooms - no different than the one I had last time except on the ground floor. Check-in was easy and very friendly. Cranked up the air and had a good night's sleep after a 30 hour travel day.

Monday morning I decided to do breakfast in the hotel. The do a buffet for around $15 USD inclusive (there was a 15% discount for SPG members). Abundant food - all very tasty. Headed out on the 9:30am shuttle to the airport and, at checkout, the agent knew that I would be back on Saturday (for final mileage run) and was proactive in arranging my pickup. Very nicely done.

Again, the non-renovated rooms need some help. There was some whole fresh fruit in the room when I arrived - but it had ants on it so I decided not to try any of it. I will say that the guestroom buildings do have a bit of a pesticide smell to them.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: UA GS, TK Gold
Just came back from another trip to CGK.

I used stay at this SPG property before 2015, but never again. Its really outdated and poorly maintained, plenty of mosquitoes from the lake (swamp to be exact). And >$156 rate is laughable considering the IDR exchange rate nose dive. 3000/4000 SPG pts rate may be attractive, but not to me and the >5 cent/point redemptions I get for travel in SQ J.

Last month I stayed in Novotel Tangerang. $56 including breakfast and free pickup (the latter was a promotion when booked from accor website). ~30 min away from CGK. Nice new hotel with great amenities next to a mall and many restaurants. I highly recommend it. To get back to CGK, hotel offered me regular metered cab (including a check with the driver that meter is fine and will be used for fare) or bird service. I opted for gold bird at 260K IDR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.