Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Coronado Beach Opinions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2009, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP 7+ Years; Marriott PP
Marriott Coronado Beach Opinions

I have a free stay booked for the Marriott Coronado the week of Labor Day. Have looked, but only see mention in passing.
Has anyone stayed recently and what was your opinion?
Since it is a resort, I'm assuming that there is no lounge and no certificates for breakfast, correct?
As it is a free stay, will my parking be covered or not? I'm not usually staying free at places that have parking fees.

Thanks
Old Aug 8, 2009, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by skent7511
I have a free stay booked for the Marriott Coronado the week of Labor Day. Have looked, but only see mention in passing.
Has anyone stayed recently and what was your opinion?
Since it is a resort, I'm assuming that there is no lounge and no certificates for breakfast, correct?
As it is a free stay, will my parking be covered or not? I'm not usually staying free at places that have parking fees.

Thanks
I haven't stayed there but I will tell you that due to Coronado's city statues, the property is only three stories high and so views from a high window are not available. That said, it is right on the bay and isn't a bad location. I haven't stayed in the property itself, though.

It is my understanding that per Marriott directive, no breakfast certificates are being given to any elite. YMMV.

And no, do not expect parking to be included in your reward night. Rewards cover the cost of the room and taxes only; all other fees and expenses will be charged to the credit card on your account.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Spent one night here this week after a stay at the Marriott Marina. Took the Coronado ferry over (the boat that goes between these two properties that is mentioned in other threads either doesn't exist anymore or doesn't run this time of year), and it was an easy walk from the landing to the hotel with one suitcase.

As a gold, I was upgraded to a bay-view room on the top floor, and the room was available before noon. (Property is only three floors high.) The king room was large with both a couch and easy chair. I don't know when the last renovation was, but the room wasn't worn or tired looking. Bathroom was large with separate tub and shower. A long counter with refrigerator and stool underneath separated the room from the bathroom and closet and was a handy spot for setting things. Only one robe in the closet instead of the normal two.

Balcony had a table and two chairs. I enjoyed sitting out there to read and watch the water traffic. Could see the bridge off to the right. The higher-speed internet was fast. Newspaper was delivered to the door.

The hotel is located in a residential area with a path that runs along the water behind the hotel. A few blocks away at the ferry landing is a convenient shopping/restaurant area.

I wish I'd had more time to enjoy the property and the island and plan to return.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 8:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report!

Cheers.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
There is also plenty of free street parking if you do not want to pay the $29 self park or $33 valet parking fee. There are some nice restaurants within walking distance of the hotel along the water also. The above review is spot on.

Last edited by jtp1947; Feb 16, 2015 at 9:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.