Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hyderabad Westin, India [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyderabad Westin, India [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: Starwood and NWA Plat
Westin Hyderabad

I'm making my arrangements to go to Hyderabad and saw Westin has a new hotel there. Does anyone have any reviews of it?

Thanks

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Apr 2, 2010 at 3:28 pm Reason: Moved into master thread
Old Apr 2, 2010, 10:54 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LT Titanium
Very nice hotel

I am on my fourth stay at the hotel this year -- as a Platinum, i have been upgraded to the best available room (junior suite with terrace twice and last two stays to a full suite once they came online).

If your office in is the Hitec city area, this is the most convenient option -- they offer a drop service that will save you money instead of arranging for a car and driver.

Service is very good -- staff knows your name and habits very quickly and are very accomodating.

Food is good -- Prego, the Italian restaurant, has become the favorite for our company -- the other options are good as well. Their Sunday brunch is very popular.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 11:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by JBauer24
I had heard that beef within Andhra Pradesh is particularly uncommon?

Am I misinformed?
I had a cheeseburger from room service while I was there.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 1:12 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by omegadeal
I had a cheeseburger from room service while I was there.
How did it taste? Would you order it again?
Old May 24, 2010, 10:47 am
Suspended

how is the bar in the hotel?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 9:17 am
Suspended

^ bump above.

Also how much is internet access?
Old Jun 10, 2010, 6:18 am

i am staying here next week. will post a review once i am done.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 12:34 am
Suspended

This is a nice property. The staff are great, the gym is excellent and the buffet restaurant is very good. The Italian restaurant is just OK, for Western prices in India and this level of hotel I would have expected more.

The website says they have an 'executive lounge' but it is not open yet. However for Starwood Platinum they give you an open bar (behind the front desk) from 18:30-20:30 every night and snacks for your drinks. Very generous.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 1:27 am

great stay

Hi had 3 stays here last week. Here is myreview of the hotel.

Property : The property is brand new and it feels like one. The decor and the paint all too fresh. One of the biggest hotels in india with around 400 odd rooms (although not all of them are completed yet). the location is really good if you work in the Hitech area. close approximity to everything.

Service and Food - The service is top notch (common for indian hotels though). From the door men to the check in staff. I was so impressed with the staff that i provide feedback to the GM of two personnels.

The food was awesome. I even had my son's 1st birthday party at the banquet and it was the best party ever. the food of this place is one of the best i have had in india.

As a platinum, i was given the following privleges

- Upgraded to the best room in the hotel, whcih is an executive suite at the moment. THis room was very modern and amazing. with chilled complimentary wine waiting in the room each time along with nibbles.
- Coctaill hours, even though this hotel doesn't have an exec lounge as such, you are given access to main bar lounge. Here you get complimentary drinks and food from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. The range is amazing and the drinks and the food portions are very generous.
- breakfast in the resturant - with over 100 options to choose from. indian and western options.
- late checkouts sometimes till 8pm.

i was shutting between ITC kakatiya (the other SPG hotel in hyd) and this one and i have to say this one wins hands down.

I think they are a new property, they are really trying hard to go out of the way to please customers.

Execellent experience.

Really enjo
Old Jun 22, 2010, 5:50 am

My India office is located in the same complex and I have eaten here a couple of times. Food is great at Prego - the Italian restaurant mentioned above. The buffett was a bit average the only time I tried it. Haven't tried their other India restaurant. I looked at the rooms and they looked pretty nice but never stayed here.

On another note FT'ers please feel free to contact if need any help around here.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 4:30 pm

My new favorite in Hyd

I stayed here for 2 weeks in July and loved it. The hotel is in great condition (brand new) and the rooms are well-designed. Plenty of storage space and I really like the glass wall into the bathroom. I like the light controls by the bed. I find that setting the lighting to an appropriate level in the evening really helps with jet lag.

Everyone working there was very friendly and helpful. Laundry services were good. Prego was the best Italian food I've had in Hyderabad (I guess this is a compliment). Kangan was good, and had a good variety of both north and south Indian food, but the emphasis was on North. I thought the buffet was better than the other ones in Hyd for pasta and Indian food. (The selection of chinese food was lacking.) Good selection at breakfast, but the waiters got confused at busy times.

I got a nice haircut in the salon too.

My main concern would be that the fitness center would be too small at busy times. I never experienced this, but six cardio machines seems small for a hotel of this size.

Compared to the ITC Grand Kakatiya (Starwood) the rooms are much nicer and much quieter. I also found the staff to be more organized and the food to be higher quality than the Taj Krishna. And, SPG points are worth more to me than Taj Inner Circle.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Hello. I will be on property soon. Any updates for treatment of Platinums?
Old Jul 9, 2011, 6:01 am

Always got a suite upgrade - nice
Internet was very very poor a couple of weeks ago. 5 mins on, 20 mins off for the whole week and they couldnt seem to figure it out
Bathroom leaked and they coudlnt seem to figure that out either

Many staff are very nice, but maintenance snags are creeping to an otherwise nice place
Old Jul 9, 2011, 6:30 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Wow. I can skip the room upgrade but the idea of leaky bathroom (what is that? gross) and low speed internet. Not acceptable. Can someone offer up options for us? Group of five. Thanks.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 7:12 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2mm, AA Platinum- 2mm, Starwood Lifetime Platinum (Ambassador)
I stayed there recenty and all worked well... Internet, bathroom, etc. Great plat recognition. Upgraded to a suite, great exec lounge, private gym on exec floor, etc.

Only wierd thing with Internet, was that if you wanted wireless in public areas, you had to get a separate password that had a short expiration, but was free and you could get as many as needed.

While everything worked well, the quality of the construction is typical of a building that was finished fast. Lots of crooked fixtures, light switches, etc. Functionally fine, but sloppily installed.

I will stay there again. A great location to hitec city.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.