Is there realy no SPG Hotel in Denmark?

Old Sep 17, 2010, 5:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Stayed in a very nice renovated suite at the Palace while it was still in SPG. But true, before renovation it was purely for those with historical interest ;-).

And yes, Denmark is part of the exclusive club of under-developed countries with no Starwood precense. For those of us that live here it makes those late december Platinum requalidication mattress runs a litte more complicated.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 5:39 am

Programs: *G, SPG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by raunow
Stayed in a very nice renovated suite at the Palace while it was still in SPG. But true, before renovation it was purely for those with historical interest ;-).

And yes, Denmark is part of the exclusive club of under-developed countries with no Starwood precense. For those of us that live here it makes those late december Platinum requalidication mattress runs a litte more complicated.
There's always Sheraton Stockholm up north
Old Sep 17, 2010, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
71 Nyhavn is my favorite in town. http://www.71nyhavnhotel.com/
Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Raddison isn't too bad if a little in-personal: good location however, and they always push their "the original designer hotel" concept which is a bit of stretch. Free internet is nice however.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Plat (earned as Starwood), Canadian Amex Plat & resulting statuses, WestJet Silver
Originally Posted by leo-chan
Stayed at the Palace pre and post renovations (in the brief moment it was still SPG).

Nowadays I stay at First Hotel Skt Petri

Yeah, Hotel Skt Petr's name keeps coming up as the property of choice in CPH. Amex Plat Travel suggested it, as did Visa Infinite; however, it looks kind of ho hum on tripadvisor with a mixed bag of reviews (not unlike virtually every hotel in the city, mind you). I wish there was even just a plain old Sheraton in Copenhagen. I still don't get it, one of the oldest capitals in Europe without any Starwood presence whatsoever!
Old Sep 17, 2010, 12:47 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by tjk1976
...I still don't get it, one of the oldest capitals in Europe without any Starwood presence whatsoever!
I'm not sure why you find this so confusing. Starwood has not yet found a Danish hotel owner who wishes to join up with us. Until that happens, there isn't going to be a Starwood hotel in Denmark.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Sep 17, 2010, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Marcellus? Is that you?

Hamlet Act 1, scene 4, 87–91

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
I always wondered what English majors did for a living!
Old Sep 17, 2010, 12:52 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by formeraa
I always wondered what English majors did for a living!
LOL. Sorry. Business major, here. Summa Cum Laude. But, I love reading.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Sep 17, 2010, 1:42 pm
tyn

I'm not sure why you find this so confusing. Starwood has not yet found a Danish hotel owner who wishes to join up with us. Until that happens, there isn't going to be a Starwood hotel in Denmark.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
A combination of things most likely. That and Starwood not being exactly proactive in seeking new properties in the Scandinavian region. But it's good, better no Starwood hotel than a disappointing one, like it happened with Prague.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 5:53 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by raunow
I had the same experience. I landed a whopper of a renovated suite at the Palace Hotel in its final months as a Le Meridien property. It was stunning in just about every way. Trouble was, the hotel had not yet completed its new air conditioning system and there was NO AIR CONDITIONING AT THIS HOTEL AT ALL. It was hellishly hot at night in the summer.

Yes, the location was touristy to the max, but it was also quite central to just about everything in CPH, really. When this historic hotel was finally completely renovated, it was a standout and made a nice addition to the *wood network. I was sad to see it move over to Scandic.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 6:16 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Actually, Starwood has only one hotel throughout Scandinavia... But it's not a Starwood thing, all the other larger international chains (except Radisson who teamed up with SAS) are very weak in Scandinavia. There are some strong local chains in the area who dominate the market which leaves the whole area with plenty of bad hotels
Old Sep 18, 2010, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by tommy777
Actually, Starwood has only one hotel throughout Scandinavia... But it's not a Starwood thing, all the other larger international chains (except Radisson who teamed up with SAS) are very weak in Scandinavia. There are some strong local chains in the area who dominate the market which leaves the whole area with plenty of bad hotels
Well if you count Finland as Scandinavia, as many do, Starwood has a hotel there too! And Accor, which is about the largest international chain there is, has over 20 hotels in Sweden.

Also, there is another EU capital city that is really missing a Starwood hotel and that is the capital of Slovenia, Ljubljana.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.