Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 25, 09, 1:34 am   #1
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posts: 718
Starwood Reservations Closed?

I've tried calling SPG, SPG Gold, Sheraton Reservations, and Westin Reservations lines. No matter what I do, I get stuck in an automated phone loop saying I should ask to take a survey after my call, and I cannot get through to a person. I'm not Platinum, so I can't use that line, but I'm at a loss regarding how to contact Starwood by phone. SPG.com says I must contact a reservations agent to complete the booking I want, but there seem to be no agents available. Any ideas?
__________________

Hopeless Miles & Points Addict
Frequent Consumer of Yummy Food
Flyer of Small Airplanes & Seeker of Big Adventures
TravelScholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 09, 1:47 am   #2
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Houston, TX, USA
Programs: SPG Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, DL Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Posts: 6,130
An educated guess would be that they're closed for Christmas. If you *really* need to make a reservation, you could call the hotel in question, or perhaps call the SPG line in a country that doesn't recognize Christmas as a holiday, such as Japan.
Steve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 09, 1:51 am   #3
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posts: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
An educated guess would be that they're closed for Christmas. If you *really* need to make a reservation, you could call the hotel in question, or perhaps call the SPG line in a country that doesn't recognize Christmas as a holiday, such as Japan.
Hmm...I had that guess, too, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one having trouble. Not that I wish for people to be forced to work on Christmas, but I would've thought there to be a call center open somewhere to help anyone who may be travelling on Christmas.
__________________

Hopeless Miles & Points Addict
Frequent Consumer of Yummy Food
Flyer of Small Airplanes & Seeker of Big Adventures
TravelScholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 09, 4:41 am   #4
Moderator, El Al and Starwood Preferred Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SIN
Programs: LY, AA LT GLD, TG*G, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, IC, BA, DL, UA*G
Posts: 9,195
I would try 'Click to Call' in the drop down Contact Us on the top left of SPG.com
__________________
Trip report: Thailand Vacation Mar-Apr '09
Meet other FTers: Starwood, Thailand or Singapore
yosithezet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 09, 7:05 am   #5
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: York, PA
Programs: GP Diamond, SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, MR Platinum, US ChPrf
Posts: 1,459
So why is the bonus link not open.
etsmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 09, 7:31 am   #6
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto vicinity
Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P75, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Plat
Posts: 6,793
Because of all the whiners complaining about their points not posting, and demanding that SPG either fix this or take it away! Guess which one happened.
margarita girl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 09, 9:28 am   #7
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 19,353
also I find generally from Midnight till 3am Pacific Time that theres no one in to answer the phone no matter what day of the week it is.

OP did your call fall into this time period?
__________________
If it aint Broken, I'll Fix it
craz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 09, 9:40 am   #8
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SFO
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
Because of all the whiners complaining about their points not posting, and demanding that SPG either fix this or take it away! Guess which one happened.
Really?
goldfishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 09, 1:31 pm   #9
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posts: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by craz View Post
also I find generally from Midnight till 3am Pacific Time that theres no one in to answer the phone no matter what day of the week it is.

OP did your call fall into this time period?
Yes, it did...exactly.
__________________

Hopeless Miles & Points Addict
Frequent Consumer of Yummy Food
Flyer of Small Airplanes & Seeker of Big Adventures
TravelScholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 09, 5:12 am   #10
Company Representative - Starwood
Award Winner
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Singapore
Programs: SPG
Posts: 3,855
Dear members,

I can only provide information that I know at this moment.

Our reservation centers in Singapore, US and Europe will be closed on Christmas and New Year's Day. This has been the practice for the past 3 years since I joined the company.

This may also be the reason the OP is not able to contact anyone during the time he/she is trying to call one of our hotlines.

I believe this is practised universally but I can check if the centers in Japan and Guangzhou are closed on these two days as well.

apguest.forum@starwoodhotels.com

Thyetus Lee
__________________
Weave in Style at Chengdu Shu Brocade package. ST. Regis Aficionado at the SR Chengdu.

Last edited by Starwood Lurker II; Dec 28, 09 at 5:29 am. Reason: Grammer mistakes
Starwood Lurker II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 09, 7:30 am   #11
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 19,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II View Post
Dear members,

I can only provide information that I know at this moment.

Our reservation centers in Singapore, US and Europe will be closed on Christmas and New Year's Day. This has been the practice for the past 3 years since I joined the company.

This may also be the reason the OP is not able to contact anyone during the time he/she is trying to call one of our hotlines.

I believe this is practised universally but I can check if the centers in Japan and Guangzhou are closed on these two days as well.

apguest.forum@starwoodhotels.com

Thyetus Lee
All I can say is about a yr ago I needed directions after 12am on a Sat night a couple of times (the other wasnt a Sat night) and I found out that between 12am & 3am LA time there is no one anywhere available to take a call
__________________
If it aint Broken, I'll Fix it
craz is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:09 am.