Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, YYZ, Canada [Master Thread]

Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, YYZ, Canada [Master Thread]

Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:29 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Exclamation renovations?

Originally Posted by Sweetvibes
Ironically this is probably the best Sheraton in the City, if not the province in my opinion
This property was set for renovations this summer............any recent visits?

FYI, they currently have a decent rate ($80 CAD) available for the (Canadian) Thanksgiving weekend on spghotescapes.com
Old Sep 17, 2014, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
This property was set for renovations this summer............any recent visits?

FYI, they currently have a decent rate ($80 CAD) available for the (Canadian) Thanksgiving weekend on spghotescapes.com
I stayed here about a month ago, and no signs of any renovations at that time.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Excellent rates on the Hot Escapes for this hotel right now.

However, you are better off to book through the Hot Escapes link.

Lowest rate on Hot Escapes link is US$60. If you click through, this converts to C$75.24. However if you get a price directly from the SPG website, you will be quoted C$79 as the Hot Escapes rate.

Similarly, a rate of US$64 converts to C$79.80 using Hot Escapes link. Same date on SPG website quotes C$84 as the Hot Escapes rate.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 5:15 am

Question renos?

Great point!
I stay here 2-3/x year on mattress runs so this is good to know. Have they started their (much ballyhooed!) renovations?
Old Jul 12, 2015, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
I'm here now. Club floors and lounge are closed until July 31st for renovations. Breakfast is being offered in the restaurant instead
Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by uppereastsider
I'm here now. Club floors and lounge are closed until July 31st for renovations. Breakfast is being offered in the restaurant instead
Hmm. Wonder if they are converting some of the Club floor rooms to suites, which are in short supply at this property. I think there are 9 currently.

They already have a great Club lounge fare and service at this property. Will be interesting to see what the lounge renovations involve.

Cheers,
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:51 pm

Stayed in one of the renovated suites. Very nice. Living room layout is much more functional and gives appearance of more space.

Must admit I really didn't notice any difference in the Lounge. Although I did spot a new massage chair (which I didn't try).

Speaking of the Lounge, long time attendant Orlando is retiring on Friday! Was so pleased to have an opportunity to wish him well. He always asked about my kids by name when they weren't with me - even after long absences. Really feels like losing a member of the family - Orlando was a real treasure for the Starwood brand.

Cheers,
Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:46 pm

mini review

Returned to this property this month on a bit of mattress run! The good news:
- Orlando has been replaced by Consuelo, a very nice recent hire;
- the hors d'oeuvres are adequate : sweet potato fries, roast beef in gravy, along with the usual cheese, fruit & crackers;
- breakfast consists of cold cereal (choice of 3), hot food & bagels & it was open 07:30-10:30 on weekends.
- I was upgraded to a corner suite on the 6th

On a less than positive note:
- the specialty coffee machine was on the fritz during my visit.
Overall, I was pleased and will definitely be back.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Haven't been here in a while, but stayed last night. Club Lounge has been completely renovated. Looks nice. Quite a few tall tables. First one I sat at was incredible rocky, so I moved to a lower table. It was also very rocky. Guess they shouldn't have scrimped on the new furniture!

Decent evening fare (spring rolls, cheese plate, nachos with all the fixings, veggies and dip, couscous salad).

I was upgraded to a junior suite but did not get my usual chocolate covered almonds or any other welcome amenity.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Need some help please.

I am coming in on an overnight flight to YYZ and will be in town for only 12 hours 7am to 7pm on a weekday on Westjet from LAS.

I have a BRG rate of $142CDN at here Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre and a $185CDN BRG at the Sheraton Gateway. Both rates are plus taxes and include 2000 points for the BRG.

The plan is to arrive, get an early check in, rest a few hours, then visit my family with a rental car. Come back and fly out at 7pm.

If I stay at Gateway, I will not incur any parking charges saving me about $15. So in reality it would be $157 vs $182 so about $30ish including taxes.

Which is the better Sheraton to stay for the few hours I am going to be there?

The benefit of the Gateway is it is in Terminal 3 where Westjet arrives and departs (not sure about the immigration area though) so it would be a quick in and out. Additionally, when I get back to the airport, if I get there too early I can go to the room to freshen up.

The Conference center advantage is $30CDN and from the comments a nice club lounge.

Thanks for your help.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: AC-100k, MR LTT
Originally Posted by kaaria
Need some help please.

I am coming in on an overnight flight to YYZ and will be in town for only 12 hours 7am to 7pm on a weekday on Westjet from LAS.

I have a BRG rate of $142CDN at here Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre and a $185CDN BRG at the Sheraton Gateway. Both rates are plus taxes and include 2000 points for the BRG.

The plan is to arrive, get an early check in, rest a few hours, then visit my family with a rental car. Come back and fly out at 7pm.

If I stay at Gateway, I will not incur any parking charges saving me about $15. So in reality it would be $157 vs $182 so about $30ish including taxes.

Which is the better Sheraton to stay for the few hours I am going to be there?

The benefit of the Gateway is it is in Terminal 3 where Westjet arrives and departs (not sure about the immigration area though) so it would be a quick in and out. Additionally, when I get back to the airport, if I get there too early I can go to the room to freshen up.

The Conference center advantage is $30CDN and from the comments a nice club lounge.

Thanks for your help.
I've stayed at both many times and both are great properties. In your situation, I would use the Gateway, just for simplicity, and the fact that it, too, has an excellent Club Lounge, with one of my favourite attendants. The convenience of Gateway - right across from T3 - is hard to beat.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If the lounge is what was swaying you to the Sheraton Toronto Airport, then definitely go for the Gateway as it has an even better lounge! ^
Old Apr 7, 2017, 4:36 am

The Gateway

Agree 100 % with margarita girl. I can also add that the shuttle to/from the Airport Hotel & Conference Centre takes time and can be unreliable. I would try harder to find a better rate than $185?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 4:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Agree 100 % with margarita girl. I can also add that the shuttle to/from the Airport Hotel & Conference Centre takes time and can be unreliable. I would try harder to find a better rate than $185?

Thanks to all for your help.
Current rates are $300 cdn for May 18th. I found BRG for $185cdn plus 2000 points. Tried a lot of different sites to get the 185 rate.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:51 am

Quite disappointed with my last stay. I was already leery about coming back because they've closed their great hot tub, permanently. Decided to give it another try. Specifically chose this property because of its very good Club Lounge.

Turns out it was closed all weekend, even after I confirmed it was open at check-in.

Sign on lounge said check with front desk. So went back down and reception didn't even know it was closed. Gave me an evening appetizer and breakfast voucher for both nights/days in the restaurant. Use the app voucher the first night, but charged me $3:50 for a diet coke! Which is free, of course, in the lounge. No other munchies or other lounge-type stuff available or offered. Not impressed.

Next morning breakfast, which - believe it or not - was worse than the usual breakfast fare in the lounge. Buffet only, waitress wouldn't let me order off the menu to get something of the same or less price ($19 for the buffet). No cold cuts, no smoked fish. Travelodge quality scrambled eggs - which is why I wanted to order something else. Ended up using my $19 voucher for one cup of coffee. Not impressed.

Next day I was given more ap vouchers, so I ordered several that even and took them to my room, where I didn't have to pay for my diet coke. The last morning I mentioned how I just wanted coffee because the buffet was so lame - and the waitress said "why don't you just order off the menu? So I did. The eggs were ok, but c'mon folks, get your act together.

Given all the choices in the new Marriott/SPG world - probably about a dozen or so near this airport alone, I checked out thinking this would be my last stay. Then one of the staff whom I have known for years came out and greeted with a big hug. I mentioned what happened and N.... was appalled and made some notes to report back.

Given the hug, the personal attention and some other great staffers I have met their over the years I will probably give this property one more chance. But still...

Cheers,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.