Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

MBNA Starwood Mastercard NO MORE!!!! (Points earned thru Feb 28 2010)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MBNA Starwood Mastercard NO MORE!!!! (Points earned thru Feb 28 2010)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2007, 12:01 pm

Has anyone else had a problem/delay with points posting from last month? My statement cuts off on 23rd and usually my points are credited on my SPG account by 25-28 (3 days later) I still have not received my August points... Anyone else in the same boat?
Old Sep 11, 2007, 12:55 pm

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Plat
I got my August points but my wife has not. Seems a little odd.

Originally Posted by imverge
Has anyone else had a problem/delay with points posting from last month? My statement cuts off on 23rd and usually my points are credited on my SPG account by 25-28 (3 days later) I still have not received my August points... Anyone else in the same boat?
Old Sep 11, 2007, 2:08 pm

I got my August points, but if I'm calculating correctly, I passed $20k of spending in the month but no bonus posted.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL LTG, SPG LTP, Mar. PLT
Originally Posted by imverge
Same problem for July and August, took 3 weeks to show up on my SPG statement.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Mine was posted in SPG 5 days after my statement cut-off date.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 10:25 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Major delay for July points but August points posted normally for me.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 10:59 pm

Programs: AC Fly-Free-Forever Winner
Originally Posted by jnswinnipeg
Yes, sometimes they do offer bonuses!...
Spend Bonus
$4,000 - $6,999 1,500 Starpoints
$7,000 - $9,999 3,500 Starpoints
$10,000 or more 6,500 Starpoints
I have two MBNA SPG cards, the card that I spent $30,000 did not offer me the above same bonus. The other card that I hardly use, I did received the bonus offer couple weeks ago.

Basically, if you are a good spender, you get nothing. If you don't spend, MBNA will reward you with more bonus offers. Go figure.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by cko64
....Basically, if you are a good spender, you get nothing. If you don't spend, MBNA will reward you with more bonus offers. Go figure.
I guess they must be taking marketing advice from starwood, in terms
of selective promotions
Old Sep 12, 2007, 9:52 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I'm amused by how many relatively new posters this thread seems to have attracted. I may be able to 'welcome' more of you under 100's in one fell swoop than on any other thread.

Welcome CKO, CDN, Xtrade, and Egg...sorry I missed you Yulmichael.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 9:56 am
ALW

Basically, if you are a good spender, you get nothing. If you don't spend, MBNA will reward you with more bonus offers. Go figure.
Makes perfect sense from their POV though.

=aw
Old Sep 12, 2007, 10:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Moderator... isn't there many other SPG Mastercard threads? Maybe all should be merged. Just a thought. Thanks!
Old Sep 12, 2007, 12:57 pm
ALW

I only see this one on the first 4 pages. Perhaps better to let sleeping dogs lie and let the moderators focus on bigger problems (note: "sleeping dogs" are the threads not the mods! ).

BTW, still no sign of my card. Applied online on Labour Day weekend.

=aw
Old Sep 12, 2007, 5:12 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by ALW
I only see this one on the first 4 pages. Perhaps better to let sleeping dogs lie and let the moderators focus on bigger problems (note: "sleeping dogs" are the threads not the mods! ).

BTW, still no sign of my card. Applied online on Labour Day weekend.

=aw
I just did a search and there's only over 12 threads on this subject on the first 2 pages of the search. Ah, well... I don't run this board.

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; Sep 13, 2007 at 7:08 am
Old Sep 13, 2007, 4:10 pm
ALW

Today my card arrived in the mail. Tonight I'll activate it and use it at Loblaws. Tomorrow I'll book my Sheraton hotel room.

I'm doing that in case the same transaction can't qualify for both (first use and first Starwood) bonuses, though if someone confirms that it _can_, I might book the Sheraton first.

=aw
Old Sep 22, 2007, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

I wish that MBNA will change the point system now to 1:1 that Canadian dollar is at par with US dollar.

What do you think we can do as a group to make our case to MBNA?

Any thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.