Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Königshof, Dresden Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton Königshof, Dresden Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2008, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Arrow Four Points by Sheraton Königshof, Dresden Germany [Master Thread]

I have to stay there in September. Are there any recent news?
Old Aug 7, 2008, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I had a short stay there earlier this year on a 59 Euro rate. Got upgraded to a two room suite six weeks before arrival. Nice little suite, very modern furniture, very clean. One of the best (of the few) 4-Points I have been to. However, no free breakfast.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 6:13 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Did stay there a few times so far. Great rooms - much higher standard than any other 4points I know. If I compare it to the room I got at the one stay I had at the Westin in Dresden I would prefer the 4points. Just the location is quite out in the nowhere (but has Strassenbahn connection to the city). The bar is very standard and usually not well visited. I never tried the restaurant.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Smile

There is a nice restaurant in front of the entrance called "homage" in a old Jugendstilvilla. Roundabout 50 meters.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 7:27 am

Programs: legions, foreign and domestic
I don't know what kind of update you're wanting...I stayed there a couple few months ago and really liked it. I would agree that this is the best 4 Points I've experienced, but I haven't stayed in so many.

It is out of the city center, but there are plenty of shops and things nearby, and the S-Bahn stop is literally right outside of the hotel...takes about 10-15 to get into the city. Personally, I don't mind staying outside of the center if there's great transport (like this) if I can save a ton of money (like this).
Old Jul 18, 2009, 8:11 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Four Points by Sheraton Königshof, Dresden Germany [Master thread]

Hi all, I couldn't find a master thread for this property in the "The SPG Forum FAQ & Hotel Master Thread Links" nor using the search function so I started one.

I will probarbly be staying at the Westin in Dresden in a bout two weeks but would like to do a night in the middle of that trip here to get some additional stay credit. Also the room rate is so incredibly low (44 euro) that I just have to try it.

Are there any recent experiences at this place? There are some nice comments on Tripadvisor but I'd rather hear it from some fellow FTers. I would also like to know how they treat platinum members.

Thanks alot!

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jul 18, 2009 at 9:20 am Reason: Found a recent thread and merged this
Old Jul 20, 2009, 7:51 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Will be here next week on a incredible rate of 44 Euro per night still no answer to the questions in my previous post?
Old Jul 20, 2009, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Will be here next week on a incredible rate of 44 Euro per night still no answer to the questions in my previous post?
More recent than September last year? Come on, this hotel is far away from the center of the world, you cannot expect too much of a response. My last year's experiences were pretty good.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 8:22 pm

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
2 night stay in May 09.Great recognition-end suite with bedroom sitting room and a large hallway that had a kitchenette.Great rates compared to Westin and plenty of places to get cheap food nearby.Good access to public transport.
Second the earlier reference to La Homage restaurant about 100 metres from hotel.Good food at reasonable prices and very good service-an enjoyable evening in the Biergarten.
I would stay here again if travelling through Dresden.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 1:18 pm

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Stayed here 2 times this year. I can only recommedn this Hotel. Very nice stuff and good rooms. Received always a room upgrade. Even as a SPG "starter" with only 6 stays I received a Corner Suite.

Last weekend I was able to choose the room a Suite or canopy bed room. My wive choose the 2nd one.

Good restaurant downstairs with nice food. Really nothing to complain. Is my No. 2 in 4 Points I ever stayed.

And I will come back!
Old Aug 2, 2010, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
One of very few SPG properties in Germany that does not overstate its apperance, simply a nice, modern, true 4 star property with no ambitions whatsoever to be more.

As pointed out by other posters already, great upgrades to suites, convenient access by tram ( No.9 that also takes you directly to the Westin ) within 10 minutes from the main station. DM drug store, bakery, fruit&veggie store and butcher shop within the same complex, half a minute away from the hotel lobby.

Small gym and small sauna, decent hotel restaurant.

No free breakfast for Platinum members.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 2:44 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
Just stayed at the 4P over the weekend with Mrs SunshineStay. We got a suite upgrade without asking for it even though we had only paid a pretty low rate of 56€ for our room.

As has been said, the hotel is nice, clean and quiet and probably the best 4P that I've been to in my Starwood career. ^

We took the recommendation from this thread about the Homage restaurant and got great food for a very reasonable price (30€ for a bottle of mineral water, two glasses of wine, one beer and two pretty large main courses). With the two trams that are right next to the hotel you can either go directly to the city center (no. 9) or to Gläserne Manufaktur and Neustadt (no. 13) which is great for evening cocktails.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Exclamation LEAVING STARWOOD!!! 1st of April 2011

Dear guests and partners of the Four Points by Sheraton Königshof, Dresden,

we would like to inform you that Arabella Hospitality Group as the owning and operating company of the hotel Four Points by Sheraton Königshof, Dresden, sold the real estate complex Königshof and consequently terminated the management contract and related agreements for the hotel for strategic reasons. The decision to resign from ownership and management of the Four Points by Sheraton Königshof was the outcome of a reassessment of business activites of the Arabella Hospitality Group in Dresden already in 2009.

In the course of this transaction, the hotel receives a debranding from the Starwood brand Four Points by Sheraton and leaves the Starwood Hotels & Resorts system on April 1st. It will be managed by the Gold Inn Group, which takes over the management of the hotel under the brand DORMERO.

The hotel team ensures a smooth transition for clients and partners of the property. All bookings that were made before this transaction, will of course be valid and taken over by the new management. For all future inquiries Mrs Anja Koch is available for you at the new management company Gold Inn in Dresden, and looks forward to your message [ ... ].

Rebookings to the nearby Starwood hotel The Westin Bellevue, Dresden, and according to the confirmed conditions are possible, due to availability. Please contact Markus Heymann, [ ... ].
Future bookings have to be made via the booking systems of the new management [ ... ].

Starpoints, that were collected during a stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Königshof, Dresden, within the bonus program SPG will of course be valid und could be redeemed. After the transaction, the collection of Starpoints will not be possible any more because the hotel is no longer taking part in the bonus program. The same applies for Starpoints of the Starwood programs Starwood Preferred Planner (SPP), Starwood Preferred Business (SPB) and StarChoice.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 6:37 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
What a shame. That was really a nice and inexpensive 4P.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 8:04 am

Very nice Hotel! - bye bye

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.