Free mini bar?

Old Jun 15, 2009, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG, Marriott, Priority Club
Free mini bar?

"Complete with all the comforts of home and then some, Le Royal Méridien Hamburg features wall-mounted, 106 cm plasma screen televisions in all guest rooms, along with an in-room entertainment system providing music, video, and hotel information on-demand. The minibar is free of charge and restocked daily, as well as the tea and coffee facilities. I "

We are staying at Le Royal Meridian in Hamburg. The above is included in the hotel info. What does free mini bar" really mean? I'm thinking not free drinks, but rather the ability to place our own beverages bought from outside within the refrigerator.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
In Europe I've found that the term "free minibar" often means a much much smaller selection of items than what we're used to in the US. Hotels I've stayed in offering it had a few bottles of water, juice and maybe a low end beer or two.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 12:11 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
It is not what you are thinking OR what you are hoping ;-)

It will be a small fridge with some water, soda, and a couple of beers. Certainly nice, but you won't be skipping the bars ;-)

Originally Posted by mehh
"Complete with all the comforts of home and then some, Le Royal Méridien Hamburg features wall-mounted, 106 cm plasma screen televisions in all guest rooms, along with an in-room entertainment system providing music, video, and hotel information on-demand. The minibar is free of charge and restocked daily, as well as the tea and coffee facilities. I "

We are staying at Le Royal Meridian in Hamburg. The above is included in the hotel info. What does free mini bar" really mean? I'm thinking not free drinks, but rather the ability to place our own beverages bought from outside within the refrigerator.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
I called the hotel last month as I was going to stay there, yes its a few items, but every little thing helps or is a perk
Old Jun 15, 2009, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I remember beer and softdrinks....
Old Jun 15, 2009, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
If you really want free minibar you need to get top elite status in Intercontinental. Free minibar worldwide!
Old Jun 15, 2009, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

So what you guys are saying is that there won't be much in the fridge, but I can consume what ever is in there, and we won't be charged, right?
Old Jun 15, 2009, 2:32 pm

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Wink

Yes, there was also wine ( red and white ). If you have a duplex suite, then there will be two minibars!
Old Jun 16, 2009, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Great! Thanks. Is this just a perk of all Le Meridian's?
Old Jun 16, 2009, 9:42 am
Suspended

No, but the LM Vienna has it as well.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 9:53 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
Any other Starwood hotels that provide this benefit?
Old Jun 16, 2009, 9:59 am
Suspended

Some Starwood hotels do have complimentary "full" minibar, but is restricted to certain premium rooms/suites.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by DCFlyer0306
Any other Starwood hotels that provide this benefit?
The Fourpoints in Düsseldorf. Best currently available rate 55 Euro, free minibar (softdrinks only), great Platinum treatment and half a free Cat 6 weekend night for every stay
Old Jun 16, 2009, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by stimpy
If you really want free minibar you need to get top elite status in Intercontinental. Free minibar worldwide!
Complimentary minibar beverages for in room consumption by the Royal Ambassador member.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mario33
Some Starwood hotels do have complimentary "full" minibar, but is restricted to certain premium rooms/suites.
The Le Méridien Stuttgart has "free minibar" in certain rooms (e.g. in suites) but the minibar is not free when you are upgraded (e.g. as a Platinum member)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.