FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Arrow W Hoboken [Master Thread]

W Hotel Opened March 27th 2009 :
ETA:I will post pics here

The hotel looks great , The Chandelier Room is not open yet
The Restaurant XYLO is Open
There is a W The Store with a great variety of stuff and the Bliss Spa is open.

Full Set here

Last edited by rolov; Mar 30, 2009 at 10:00 pm Reason: Visit to Hotel
Old Mar 27, 2009, 9:19 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hertz #1 Gold, AMEX Plat, Avis CHM, IHG Plat RA
Originally Posted by rolov
Did the W Hoboken Open Today , I know they are taking reservations for March 30th , but the opening is suppossed to be today .
I am out of town until tomorrow so I have not been by the hotel .
It looked close to ready a few days ago.
Yes it did-- as far as I know, a few were invited to view early as part of a separate promotion. The hotel looks fantastic. Too bad I'd never 'visit' Hoboken like that.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 6:18 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, UA 1K, SQ PPS
It opened on March 27th and they have a special weekend rate for $189/night. Stopped by for drinks on Friday after work and the bar staff was very helpful as they pointed us to the two page martini menu. The hotel is nice, but there are still parts of the hotel still under construction.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I stopped by the W Today and took some pictures and had a drink .
I have also updated my first post with a few shots.

Last edited by rolov; Mar 30, 2009 at 9:52 pm
Old Mar 30, 2009, 6:18 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hertz #1 Gold, AMEX Plat, Avis CHM, IHG Plat RA
rolov, thank you for the pics!

W Hoboken looks great-- interior looks like pretty much any W property-- reminiscent of W Lake Shore (my favorite)
Old Mar 30, 2009, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It was similar to lake shore , but the Living room seemed bigger.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
How close is this to transport into the city?
Is there anything of interest in the general vicinity?
Thanks so much for the photos rolov-I am sure you made many folks(calling Cheap Elite ) happy!
Old Mar 30, 2009, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.1; en-us; dream) AppleWebKit/525.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Mobile Safari/523.12.2)

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
How close is this to transport into the city?
Thanks so much for the photos rolov-I am sure you made many folks(calling Cheap Elite ) happy!
no problem, the hotel is a couple of blocks from the train station, from there you can take the path train to nyc . There is also a ferry terminal and the NJ transit trains that connect with the ewr train. Hoboken is a small city, there are restaurants and bars everywhere so the area is nice to walk around as well.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 7:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Other than me, you mean.

In addition to the transport links mentioned above, at the train station there is the PATH station that will take you into NYC either into the Wall Street area -- WTC station, or upwards to midtown -- 33 rd street/Macys. (PATH also runs into Newark as well connecting with the bus and Amtrak station there, and the station there has a sky bridge into the Gateway Office Center in downtown Newark). In addition, on the branch that goes to midtown, the stops are at Christopher Street - for those who want to explore the West Village, 9th Street @ 6th Avenue, 14th Street @ 6th Avenue, and 23rd Street and I think it still is 6th Avenue.

Finally, also at the Hoboken PATH/NJ Transit train station there is a light rail station, that coasts up and down from Bayonne thru Jersey City upwards to Weehawken a couple of towns north of it.

Finally, at 14th Street and the River in Hoboken,there is a NY Waterways Ferry that will transit you from Hoboken to NYC, and then there are NY Waterways buses that will take you to various parts of Manhattan. In addition, there is a commuter bus that runs along the main drag in Hoboken --Washington Street, that will take you right into Port Authority, which makes it convenient if you want to catch a show.

As for eats, there are many in Hoboken, in fact, right next door to the W, going northwards, is a great Bar/Restaurant called Trinity. It serves great bar food like hamburgers but it also impresses with great food like pumpkin crusted hake, etc. It serves a very good brunch, as well, if the W is too pricey for you.

Finally, Trinity is on both Opentable and is a participating IDINE restaurant.

Who knows, you may even me there with my significant other for brunch on the weekends!

PS -- I am not sure if NY Waterways still has a ferry stop at the Hoboken PATH/Train station as ROLOV suggests. They may have eliminated that for budgetary reasons because it is facing bankruptcy, but they still do operate from the 14th street station.

As for other sights, Peyton Manning and our governor, Jon Corzine both live in the converted Art Deco'ish (Lipton) Tea Building at 14th Street end of town.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Mar 30, 2009 at 7:11 pm
Old Mar 30, 2009, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Please post pix (or at least pix from the NJ side this time)
You mean like this:
Old Mar 31, 2009, 1:50 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA GOLD, SPG PLATINUM, MR GOLD, AX CENTURION, etc.
Hotel looks great. Is there a chance to get an affordable selfparking space around the hotel? Or does it make more sense to use public transport fro, JFK or LGA to the ferry station?
Old Mar 31, 2009, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Parking in Hoboken is very limited , I believe the hotel is using a private lot across the street for valet , there is a ramp going down in front of the hotel but it is not open yet.

For other parking options there is a Hoboken public lot a block or two away from the hotel, It used to be $15-$20 overnight but I believe the prices may have gone up , and on the weekend it was always higher .
Old Apr 12, 2009, 8:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT TIT
trip report: W Hoboken

W Hoboken

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

W Hoboken

225 River Street Hoboken, NJ US 07030

trip report: W Hoboken (8 Photos)

W Hoboken

Stayed there last Thursday for 1 night en route from Philadelphia to Boston. As previous posters mentioned, it has a great location right on the water front walkway between two piers (one is under construction as can be seen from the pics below) and close to restaurants and shops on Washington Street and around the train/bus station. There are still some construction outside of the hotel and in the interior on the higher floors.

Floorplan:

Check In

Check in was fast and courteous. Specialty drinks (pomegranate mojito/tarragon apricot) and light snacks (lemon square) available next to the check in counter. Booked and got a Fabulous Suite. There are 2 WOW suites and one EWOW suite that are in the plan but are, according to room manager, not available for platinum upgrade. They are quoted to be selling for $2500 and $3500, respectively. Points are offered for amenity.

Room

Room: 1208 (1210 is the other suite on the floor). It has the option of connecting with 1206 to make it a larger suite. A true 1 bedroom suite with 1 full bath (separate tube and shower) and a 1/2 bath. A small dining table, sectional leather sofa, wet bar with set a nice selection of 1/2 bottle liquor and cocktail shaker next to the desk/work area. B&O sound system and a 50in? TV mounted on the wall complete the set up in the living room. The living room opens out into a good size balcony that offers an awesome view of manhatten and the Hudson river. Bed room comes with its own 42in TV, DVD player, another minibar with munchie box. Great view of the city from the bedroom window. Voss water available for purchase. Furnishing is not refined but modern and characteristic of W style. Room can use a few more lights options.

Amenities

Sweat: Nice fitness center, shared with the W residence, several treadmills, ellipticals and bikes, nautilus machines, dumbbells and a speed bag for boxing practice with gloves. No swimming pool.

Service

Service: Attentive and friendly. Calls to Whatever/Whenever were answered immediately and issues addressed with follow up phone calls. Construction noise from the interior can be heard very early in the morning (7:30am). A call to the desk took care of it, after some delay. They seemed to be surprised to hear about the noise and took some time to find out where it came from. In apology, the hotel offered me 5000 starpoints that were credited promptly one day after check out.

trip report: W Hoboken

Would you like to write a review on the W Hoboken?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Apr 12, 2009, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by rolov
You mean like this:
ok, I guess I like the angle from Gansevoort roof a little better
Old Apr 12, 2009, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

good details Beanstalk, including top suites. whats rack/SPG50 like? IIRC court/tuscany had ok discounts.

i presume residences have 1 year min lease?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.