Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Warsaw, Poland

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Warsaw, Poland

Old Mar 12, 2004, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Arrow Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Warsaw, Poland

I'll be in Warsaw for one night in May. Rates at both hotels are the same - 189 Euros. From reading the few previous posts, it seems that the Sheraton is in a better location, but that the new Westin is nicer and not that far away. I'll have a few hours to see some sights and have a meal or two. Which hotel should I choose?
Old Mar 14, 2004, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was at the Sheraton a month ago on an award stay, and I liked it fine. They upgraded me to a nice, big room. The front desk was friendly and helpful. It's a short walk to city center, a somewhat longer walk to the old town. There's a park a block away, and a little shop where you can buy food and drink just across the street. There are restaurants within walking distance, but I didn't try them. I haven't tried the Westin.

Have fun in Warszawa.

[This message has been edited by PaulMSN (edited Mar 14, 2004).]
Old Mar 14, 2004, 9:32 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
I would pick the Sheraton mainly due to its location specially if a leisure trip. While the Westin is really nice, it is a little far from restaurants and such, but not terribly far - less than a 10 zloty ride from old town and around 20 to the Sheraton neighbourhood. I tried restaurants at both places and the one at the Westin was a little better in my opinion. The Sheraton is an older, more established hotel.
Old Mar 14, 2004, 10:34 pm

I spent a couple of nights at the Westin last month. Nice hotel if a little too quiet. The lounge is nice as are the staff and the gym is the newest I've ever seen. There's a fun food market about 200 meters away that was fun to walk through for a touch of 'real life'. Other than that, I didn't have much time to sight see.
Old Mar 15, 2004, 6:05 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I've stayed at both, and yes the Sheraton is closer to most of the tourist attractions & Old Town, the newer Westin is in the old Jewish Ghetto (although, from the looks of the area, nothing remains but concrete block apt buildings and newer office towers--that being said, there is the Uprising memorial and the Ghetto memorial nearby). There are a couple of good restaurants nearby and Warsaw is very easy to get around in. I actually preferred the Westin, as it has a more W'ish design aspect to it, whereas the Sheraton is more typical general hotel.
Old Mar 15, 2004, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Thanks for all of your opinions.
Old Mar 20, 2004, 11:44 am

If you stay at the Sheraton, be sure to try the salmon! If not the best I've ever had in my life, a very close second.
Old Mar 21, 2004, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Not that the SPG porperties are bad, but the Le Meridien Bristol is outstanding.

Located right next to the Presidential Palace, it is one of Europe's Grand hotels...rooms are beautiful and service is excellent: VERY attentive. If it was located anywhere else in Europe, it would be $500+/night.

Participates in the Leading Hotels Leaders Club program and AMEX Fine Hotels program for upgrades.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 2:49 pm

Programs: SPG, HH,STAR,
Looking for tips on where to stay in Warsaw

There is a Sheraton and a Westin. Which one should I go for. Am looking for a choice of restaurants and eventually a executive lounge. I doubt they upgrade Plat to suites.
Has anyone been there?
Old Jun 29, 2004, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by Avi Trickonora
There is a Sheraton and a Westin. Which one should I go for. Am looking for a choice of restaurants and eventually a executive lounge. I doubt they upgrade Plat to suites.
Has anyone been there?
Welcome to FT, Avi!

I've not stayed at either starwood, but I can tell you that Warsaw is a great town. The old city especially (not really that old - just rebuilt, after the "unpleasantness"), is gorgeous.
Old Jun 30, 2004, 6:04 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I've stayed at both Warsaw Starwoods and it depends upon where you want to be. The Sheraton is a bit older, more central (nearer shoppes, Old Town etc). It does have a very nice club with a good assortment of food for both breakfast & dinner. As a Platinum, I was given a large room-- but not a suite.
The Westin, on the other hand is near the old 'Jewish Quarter' (which has been rebuilt in the Soviet / block/ apartment style)...but there are a couple of good restaurants nearby and it is a quick cab ride or nice walk to the main part of town. I was there just after it opened and the while a Club was promised, it wasn't open yet. The hotel was very empty and yet no suite was offered. The Westin is very 'modern/W'-ish in style with a large open atrium lobby, while the Sheraton is more contempory.
Old Jun 30, 2004, 11:19 am

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
I visit Warsaw about 4-5x a year and stay at both the Sheraton and Westin. I have never been upgraded to a Suite at the Sheraton. Usually have to whine to get upgraded to a smart room which is a bit larger. Lounge at the Sheraton is nice with nice breakfast and snack offerings. The Westin is more contemporary and they do upgrade to suites. The bedroom and bathroom in the suites are a bit on the smallish side but you do get a separate sitting room with bathroom. Lounge is nice but often I'm the only one there, unless I bring my friends. I sometimes will check out each day and switch hotels as it helps with my stay count
Old Jun 30, 2004, 8:09 pm

Hi All - this is my first official post in FT. I was introduced to the forum by my boyfriend LarryU and really appreciate reading the posts which have really helped us both in our travels.

I just came back from the Westin Warsaw, Sunday. What I found most impressive was that the service at the Westin was outstanding. If I had any request the staff was very responsive and helpful. I am a platinum and they offerred to upgrade me to a suite, but as I was only there a few days for business I did not bother. Regarding the services at the hotel, I visited the club lounge in the afternoon 6-8pm. They serve very beautiful (but small - not for the hungry) cold and hot appetizers and a large assortment of any and all kinds of beverages. I did not go to the lounge for breakfast because the meeting took care of breakfast and lunch - served buffet style in the 'Fusion' restaurant. The food was very good with a wide assortment of dishes. The rooms were neat and clean. I had a very basic room which I found to be adequate - the bathroom had a free standing shower and tub. Although I had just a regular room as a platinum, they provided me with the Molton Brown products which I am really fond of. For my amenity (no choice, no points) I received a lovely bottle of Italian red wine, 4 nice chocolate truffles, a green apple, a nectarine and a little bowl of cherries - all very nicely arranged on a square plate. As for the location, we were able to walk to the old city in just a few minutes. I really enjoyed the Westin Warsaw and would recommend it highly.
Old Jul 1, 2004, 12:36 am

A firend has visited the Westin and she was very excited. Great Hotel with great service!
Old Jul 1, 2004, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'll never forget the Sheraton as I was there on 9/11! I did get a very large room and I recall the bar scene was a lot of fun on 9/10.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.