Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Cochin, India [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Méridien Cochin, India [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2009, 3:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat, United Silver, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Arrow Le Méridien Cochin, India [Master Thread]

Hello,

I'm looking at staying in this hotel in March, but wasn't able to find much info on the forums about it. Anyone have any good/bad experience? Also I'm looking at either a Royal Club or Executive Suite as they're both the exact same price and can't find much info on the hotel's website. I tried emailing the hotel a few days ago and haven't heard back. Anyone know?

Thanks!
Old Jan 22, 2009, 1:00 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by JD623
Hello,

I'm looking at staying in this hotel in March, but wasn't able to find much info on the forums about it. Anyone have any good/bad experience? Also I'm looking at either a Royal Club or Executive Suite as they're both the exact same price and can't find much info on the hotel's website. I tried emailing the hotel a few days ago and haven't heard back. Anyone know?

Thanks!
Is this the email you have sent to?

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Jan 22, 2009, 4:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
I haven't stayed, but I did recently look at the hotel for a possible honeymoon gift of award nights for a friend. The tripadvisor reviews are very mixed. with a good number of 1 or 2* reviews and complaints. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...a.html#REVIEWS

So I'll probably get him nights in the Imperial KL (which I know is not in India) and ITC Mughal in Agra instead.

Would be interested in seeing the SPG elite perspective on the hotel.

Last edited by ENIAC; Jan 22, 2009 at 4:51 am
Old Jan 22, 2009, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat, United Silver, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Is this the email you have sent to?

[email protected]

Hi,

This is the email that I sent it to on 1/19.

Also, thank you ENIAC for the link.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 11:59 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by JD623
Hi,

This is the email that I sent it to on 1/19.

Also, thank you ENIAC for the link.
Mind if you send the email again and keep me in the loop as well?

[email protected]

Old Jan 23, 2009, 12:09 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
I've spent one night there. Did you have a specific question? We were put up in the tower across the river. We were told we could have breakfast for free at the restaurant on a cash+points award but our flight left too early to make it. The shower is awesome and in fact the best I have had in India and was a treat after a night on a houseboat. The hotel itself has all the amenities you'd expect in a Meridien but have to say the furnishings are gawdy. We had dinner at one of the restaurants that was having some Thai festival that month and the food was quite good. We also went to the club at the hotel but it was dead.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks!

Thank you Starwood Lurker II for helping me sort this out! Just got an email back.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Answer to my original question:

"please note our royal club rooms are not suites but our superior category rooms on the main block, room are on the top floors overlooking the backwaters, comes complimentary with breakfast and airport transfers ..

Tower suites are our new block, across the river, state-of-the-art suites with large bay windows overlooking the scenic beauty, bright paintings, and contemporary décor, there is a 05 mnts boat transfer through the scenic backwater to get along to other block.. Tower suites do not include airport transfer, however the breakfast is complimentary"
Old Jan 23, 2009, 9:48 am

Stayed on SPG awrd. Upgraded to suite but the staff refused to provide the Plat amenities--including the complimentary airport transfers. Finally manged to complain to the manager who agreed I should have got the benefits.Rooms were nice but we were not allowed to have breakfast in the Towers but were told to go to the Exec. Club. The manager claimed it was a mistake. So ask for your benefits and know what your entitlement is beforehand.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 4:29 am

I stayed at this hotel in August 2008 and I was treated really well. On a Cash and Points 2 night stay I was upgraded to Le Royal Club and given breakfast in the restaurant.

The rooms are newly renovated and quite stylish, however the club lounge was really poor. During my stay they were serving only tea, coffee, room temperature Fanta and very very bad local red wine. Also, the staff member in the lounge was napping on the floor behind the desk because he said the hotel made him work such long hours.

However other staff at the hotel are friendly and professional and I 'd really recommend trying the complimentry yoga classes.

I wouldn't reccomend the hotel, however, because it's location is really, really dreadful. It is totally in the middle of nowhere and at least 30 mins from anywhere that anyone visiting Kochin would want to go.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT, Avis First
I stayed at this hotel in 2007. In one of the club rooms in the 'main building'. There wasn't anything great about this property, but nothing particulary disappointing.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 5:13 am
Suspended

Its a good hotel. It provides all the facilities I didn't feel any feel any problem there. U can stay there.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum. Hilton Gold. IHG PA. Accor Platinum
Le Meridien Kochi

Stay Period - 2011.1.10 ~ 2011.1.15
Room - Executive Suite

- Normal room condition
- A medium level of hotel food
- Platinum Benefit is a breakfast & Low levels of Happy Hour
- Tower Deluxe Suites and the main building, separated into the river

Approximately 100 photos and the reviews written in Korean
To see the reviews you need a very fast internet speeds

Le Meridien Kochi - Executive Suite

Last edited by StationaryTraveller; Feb 10, 2012 at 8:58 pm
Old May 8, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
I plan on staying here in August, since it's the only SPG in town.
Any recent feedback?
Old May 16, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dimramon
I plan on staying here in August, since it's the only SPG in town.
Any recent feedback?
I stayed at the hotel a couple of weeks ago and is pretty ordinary. The food in the restaurants is quite decent though. If you go with minimal expectations you should be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.