FAQ: Time to transfer SPG points to BA

Old Jul 25, 2007, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Exclamation FAQ: Time to transfer SPG points to BA

I've been waiting 3 weeks for these to transfer to my BAEC - anyone got an 'average' of how long it's taken for them?
Old Jul 25, 2007, 10:18 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
First time I funneled 20k it took 5 days.

2nd time I did it nothing happened for 4-5 weeks. Then I chased it up with a Starwood supervisor in customer services, who liased with BAEC directly, and it posted in about 3 days after my phone call.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 1:06 pm

Programs: AF, BA, LH, EK, IHG, HH, SPG, Hertz, RCCL
Made a transfer from spg.com on July 17th (evening) and the miles were on my account this morning.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Hmmm, thanks guys
Old Jul 25, 2007, 1:26 pm

For me has taken anything from 2 days to about 2 weeks. It has been faster more recently.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 8:31 pm

It used to be lightening fast, IME, a couple of days max. Then it got slower, around ten days. Why this is I can't say.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 8:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA LifeTime Plat, DL Plat, Amex Centurion, Hertz Plaitnum
Speaking of transferring from SPG to BA, I have nearly 300,000 starpoints sitting in my SPG account, I always end up converting my starpoints into BA miles, is there any reason why I should do the transfer sooner then later? Will the 1:1 change? Or might the 5,000 bonus for every 20,000 go away?
Old Jul 25, 2007, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by alexoster
Speaking of transferring from SPG to BA, I have nearly 300,000 starpoints sitting in my SPG account, I always end up converting my starpoints into BA miles, is there any reason why I should do the transfer sooner then later? Will the 1:1 change? Or might the 5,000 bonus for every 20,000 go away?
alex, if Starwood did away with that benefit, you would hear a whoosh sound vacuum effect of all the members leaving the program. That is one of their key benefits over all of the other hotel programs.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by alexoster
Well done for piling them up! I can't seem to stop myself transferring as soon as I reach the magic 20k! The 5k offer has been around for a few years, I am sure the Starwood lurker would give some warning on the SPG forum if it were going to disappear.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 6:00 am

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by SASfan
alex, if Starwood did away with that benefit, you would hear a whoosh sound vacuum effect of all the members leaving the program. That is one of their key benefits over all of the other hotel programs.
However Starwood does occasionally tweak the ratios - I'm sure they did at the beginning of the year for some airlines. However Lurker did give advance notice, and even if you don't monitor the Starwood forum, I'm sure someone would repost it here.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 3:46 am

Programs: If I dont have it, I dont need it!
points/miles transfer calculator

Originally Posted by Morland
However Starwood does occasionally tweak the ratios - I'm sure they did at the beginning of the year for some airlines. However Lurker did give advance notice, and even if you don't monitor the Starwood forum, I'm sure someone would repost it here.
Sorry, Im looking for a points/miles transfer calculator. Any advice is welcome.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 3:50 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by silversurfer
Sorry, Im looking for a points/miles transfer calculator. Any advice is welcome.
Is this what you are looking for?
Old Jul 27, 2007, 3:53 am

Programs: If I dont have it, I dont need it!
Originally Posted by pbarnette
Thanks^
Old Feb 18, 2008, 4:28 am

Has anyone transferred points to BAEC recently? How long does it roughly take to a UK BAEC?
Old Feb 18, 2008, 6:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex BA Premium Plus
Last two times miles were posted to my BAEC account exactly the following tuesday morning from when I did the transfer, IIRC one was a Wednesday and the other a Thursday.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.