Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Savannah, Ga Airport Four Points [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Savannah, Ga Airport Four Points [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2007, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Arrow Savannah, Ga Airport Four Points [Master Thread]

My wife and I went to the Savannah, Ga Four Points by the airport over the July 4th week/weekend. This Hotel is 5 min from the Savannah airport and 30 min from Savannah. It is also seven months old. During our stay there were very few guests. I would guess less then twenty guests during our stay. The hotel is very nice, the staff is friendly and do to the low number of guests they upgraded us to a suite and provided us with free breakfest each morning. If you need to stay by the airport this is a very nice hotel. There is not much in the area. If you need/wish to be closer to Savannah, there are new hotels opening soon and several there that are also nice.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 3:43 pm

Programs: SPG, AA: PLAT; Hilton: Diamon, UAL: Premier Exec; IC_PriClub; 308 hours flying Boeing 707's
1 night stay, October 2007

5 minutes, maybe three from the airport. There are 4 or five other hotels around, I expect it's one landowner hedging his bets with hotels from each of the major chains. Two gas stations on the corner. Easy access to the interstate.

Arrival:
Check in was less than 45 seconds. Gave the desk agent my credit card, he looked at the back, saw the signature is worn out, asked for a photo ID, swiped the credit card, and grabbed my key packet. Too tired to care about an upgrade, they had the key pre-made for me with a breakfast voucher. As he handed it to me, he said he'd put me down for a platinum amenity of points unless I told him otherwise.

Hiccup:
The key didn't work and the super apologetic desk agent wanted to go up with me... and to carry my bags (which I'd brought up to and down from the room). He apologized profusely, I assured him I could carry my bags and went right to sleep.

Service:
Both on arrival and on departure the desk agents were friendly and amiable, but lethally efficent. I was in and out in a minute, but they were chatting and welcoming at the same time. A perfect combination for a business hotel.

Room:
Clean, crisp, classic

Bathroom:
Clean, Fresh, with a hint of aromatic cleaner (Lemon or orange)

Restaurant:
Was not serving breakfast when I left

Check-out:
Smooth, by the books, done in less than a minute

Price:
$95 and that was fair for the service

Overall impression:
Solid, dependable performer

Final Rating:
Third quartile of the 250 or so Starwood properties I've stayed at. Postives for the freshness and the amazing service. Negatives because it's a 4 points and an airport hotel.

-- CaptainG
Old Jan 3, 2009, 5:49 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Any recent comments on 4Points Savannah Airport?

Need a quick one night stay - will arrive late and leave early. As 4Points are somewhat varied in quality, would appreciate any input from a recent stay.

TIA -
Old Jan 3, 2009, 7:02 am

Programs: Platinum AA, Gold Skymiles, *wood Platinum
It's very new. Excellent shape. Easy to get to. Recommended. Lots of local competition with many new hotels in the last 2 years with adjoining parking lots.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 4:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Crashed here the other night, arriving after midnight and leaving about 5.30am, and had a great stay ^

As is often the case when I least need it, got a great upgrade to a corner suite with a giant television in room, a spacious living room area and a kitchenette with microwave, kettle and coffee makers. The bathroom was accessible from either the bedroom or the living room. Temperature control was great. I really wish I could have stayed longer.

I also got offered breakfast but sadly I was leaving too early to take advantage.

One thing to be aware of is the free airport shuttle which was pretty good but the lovely, charming girl who was working the night shift seemed a little vague about the timings. She kept saying the shuttle was "every 5-10 minutes" but then gave me a list of times that were about 20 minutes apart and not at equal intervals. Oddly, the board at reception says 'just let us know when you want your shuttle' which implausibly implies a personalised service. Arriving at midnight the shuttle appeared within two minutes which was excellent; departing I just missed one at 5.20am and was still waiting for it to come back at 5.55am. I really don't know what the driver was doing for 35 minutes at that time since the airport is a four minute drive away and the shuttle only serves one other property. I made my flight by only a few seconds. The girl on reception was helpful and offered to get me a cab although they said it would take just as long for the cab to arrive as the shuttle.

Overall for me, this was another great experience with the Four Points brand in the US (much better than the highly variable experience of Four Points overseas).
Old Jul 23, 2010, 6:27 pm

Leaves July 30

Leaving July 30 to become the Comfort Inn & Suites Savannah Airport
Old Aug 1, 2010, 9:33 pm

dont see it on the comfort inn website - you sure?
Old Sep 15, 2010, 6:31 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Gone

Originally Posted by HOTguy
dont see it on the comfort inn website - you sure?
That's a shame. I must've stayed there a half-a-dozen times whilst my brother was serving at nearby HAAF. A definite loss to the SPG portfolio.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Received significant bonus Starpoints for a big roach under the towel in the bathroom in March 2010 or so. I feel I came out ahead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.