Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa in Avon, CO [Master Thread]

Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa in Avon, CO [Master Thread]

Old May 1, 2011, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by kingsubbu
We are thinking of a 3 night stay in the area this Summer and are deciding between the Westin and the PH Beaver Creek. Rates are similar for both hotels. Being a Hyatt Diamond, the prospect of free breakfast at PH is quite tempting, but wanted to hear some thoughts on how these properties stack up against each other. Thanks!
Call the PH and ask if during the summer breakfast is served in the restaurant or in the Café. This morning, only the Café was open and it is a very very sorry breakfast. Overall I was very disappointed by the Beaver Creek PH. I was told this is the off season, so maybe during the summer season, things are better. Still, do not expect a full Park experience!
Old Aug 17, 2011, 7:26 am

Any recent plat upgrade experiences? They have very attractive Starpicks rate next week, but we'd really like an upgrade beyond the Studio Suite the rate is for.

On vacations I'm ready to push for an upgrade if necessary, but would like to have a sense of my chances beforehand.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zeikka
Any recent plat upgrade experiences? They have very attractive Starpicks rate next week, but we'd really like an upgrade beyond the Studio Suite the rate is for.

On vacations I'm ready to push for an upgrade if necessary, but would like to have a sense of my chances beforehand.
Went last MLK weekend. A few months out booked the nice $299/night prepaid rate (vs. a public rate of $499-$549) for a studio suite for 2 nights. Was upgraded to a nice 1 BR suite upon arrival.

I apparently fought the first battle there with the Plat amenity substitute, so hopefully they are more versed in it now
Old Aug 17, 2011, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I apparently fought the first battle there with the Plat amenity substitute, so hopefully they are more versed in it now
Mind telling what they offered first and how was that resolved?
Old Aug 17, 2011, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zeikka
Mind telling what they offered first and how was that resolved?
First offer - "yes, we've given you your 500 points".

I gently remind them that comes automatically, and I'm instead asking what they offer in place of the $20 daily fee. They look confused - I show them William's post about the substitute amenity. Front desk clerk shows to the manager, who says "oh yeah, we just got something about this last week". So I guess I was the first to test it.

They waived the resort fee for both days, which was fine by me. ^
Old Aug 23, 2011, 8:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
I am planning to book a stay at the The Westin Riverfront Mountain Villas, Beaver Creek Mountain, and am wondering about how Plats are generally treated at this property. I can see there is no resort fee, and that the property is exempt from providing upgrades. Any thoughts on what to expect as a Plat going in?
Old Aug 26, 2011, 4:43 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by Hyperacusis
I am planning to book a stay at the The Westin Riverfront Mountain Villas, Beaver Creek Mountain, and am wondering about how Plats are generally treated at this property. I can see there is no resort fee, and that the property is exempt from providing upgrades. Any thoughts on what to expect as a Plat going in?
Expect to get what you book. Expect the possibility that you might end up in the Resort rather than the Villas, but it shouldn't affect your costs and you should get an equivalent room to what you booked.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 1:49 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hertz PC, Starwood Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Gold
Alternate Amenity

Has anyone had recent experience with the alternate platinum amenity. I spoke to the front desk and reservations and both insisted that that waive the fee for no one, and that platinums were entitled to nothing but 500 points at check-in. They were actually surprisingly rude about it, like I was trying to scam them. Based on the reviews of the hotel, I don't think this was at all indicative of their general attitude towards guests.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wolfson292
Has anyone had recent experience with the alternate platinum amenity. I spoke to the front desk and reservations and both insisted that that waive the fee for no one, and that platinums were entitled to nothing but 500 points at check-in. They were actually surprisingly rude about it, like I was trying to scam them. Based on the reviews of the hotel, I don't think this was at all indicative of their general attitude towards guests.
Show them the original note from Starwood Lurker (saying it's a mandatory for properties to offer one), that's what I did to that front desk (this was in Jan). Call out their BS! At that time the manager on duty came out and said something like "oh yeah, SPG just sent us a letter about this recently". I think they waived my resort fee, can't remember for sure - I posted about it either in this hotel master thread or in the Alternate Amenity thread.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
I had a great stay there at the Villas on points. No need to worry about an upgrade, the rooms are awesome, full kitchen, balcony, kitchen table, couch, washer and dryer, etc. They also waived my parking fee.

Attend the timeshare presentation and they will give you 10K points.

Little cafe was the only food available but had a really great breakfast burrito. They do not open early enough.

Great stay. Only problem was they never posted my 500 points for the welcome gift (because I was on points?)
Old Dec 11, 2011, 2:14 pm

Programs: spg gold, CO Platinum, MR Gold
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy

Great stay. Only problem was they never posted my 500 points for the welcome gift (because I was on points?)
next time post something to the room and it will post. the lurker mentioned before that the 500 points won't post automatically when staying on all points stays for whatever reason.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by justspg
next time post something to the room and it will post. the lurker mentioned before that the 500 points won't post automatically when staying on all points stays for whatever reason.
i have had tons of reward stays without charging anything to the room & the amenity points have posted on their own (the last one being earlier this month)....on the other hand i have had many paid stays where the amenity points have not posted....its hit & miss....i usually have to call spg about a dozen times a year to get these points to post....
Old Dec 12, 2011, 7:02 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hertz PC, Starwood Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Gold
Hotel responded

The hotel responded that their "alternate amenity" is 100 points a night. Essentially a dollar credit. Anyone care to share details of having the $20 a day fee waived.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:33 am
Used to be 'thiti'

Programs: UA-PP 1MM, Hyatt-Globalist, Bonvoy-LT Titanium, Hertz-Pres Cir
I will stay there this weekend and spoke with the hotel today. They basically said that every Platinum will pay $20 resort fee per day and no other amenities + $25 valet only parking per day.

Interesting how they explained what's included in the resort fee - "Maintenance of the pool, use of fitness center, use of business center,.... ohhh..and also free internet!!!" <--- put it at last as a default benefit for Platinum.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Contact

deleted

Last edited by UA-NYC; Dec 13, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.