Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Best rate guarantee - successes and failures 2008 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best rate guarantee - successes and failures 2008 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2011, 9:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by onebagtraveller
only got one email confirmation that it was received - out of 4??
I've only gotten one confirmation on my last six.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 4:36 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
This is a pretty newbie question; but can I BRG claim a Limited Participation Property?
Old Jan 21, 2011, 9:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I'm convinced the BRG is simply a sham.

It took 10 days (and multiple phone calls) to get to the bottom of my last claim - which ultimately was rejected on the grounds that they couldn't find the same rate despite me having a screenshot indicating a $35/night lower rate at 1800hotels.com.

What's the point of this guarantee when they can take their time until the rate disappears and then claim that your screenshot isn't sufficient?

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 21, 2011, 12:56 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I'm convinced the BRG is simply a sham.
I guess the evidence in this thread of successful claims won't change your mind, eh?
Old Jan 21, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
claim that your screenshot isn't sufficient?
Pick a hotel and I can give you a screen shot showing any rate you want. Want a $3 St. Regis? No problem.

Now do you understand?
Old Jan 21, 2011, 8:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Pick a hotel and I can give you a screen shot showing any rate you want. Want a $3 St. Regis? No problem.

Now do you understand?
This is why there should be an immediate response to verify the rate. And if it can't be verified in a timely manner, the customer should be given the benefit of doubt.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by ride red
This is why there should be an immediate response to verify the rate.
Instant would be nice, but not practical. I've never had to wait longer than 24 hours, which is pretty reasonable in my mind. I've only had one rate go up on me while waiting.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 9:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
Instant would be nice, but not practical. I've never had to wait longer than 24 hours, which is pretty reasonable in my mind. I've only had one rate go up on me while waiting.
24 hours is a lot better then the 10 days.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 3:47 am

I got my claim rejected few days ago

reason: www.chepostay.com accept credit cards issued in USA and Canada only

now i explained that i do have a Canadian Credit card and my address is in Canada and the hotel is located in Canada but my claim still got rejected.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I guess the evidence in this thread of successful claims won't change your mind, eh?
Well, there's something wrong when you ask the BRG agent "what more could I have done to get the rate matched?" and the reply is "nothing, you did everything possible." I can understand if it was just a matter of the rate being available for a few hours and then disappearing on a rouge website, but the lower rate was available for days and then it was available again even after the claim was rejected. I'm a pretty patient and understanding guy, but it's beyond frustrating when do everything required and they refuse to honor their own guarantee.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Instant would be nice, but not practical.
Hyatt and Expedia BRGs are handled/verified over the phone with a live agent. No waiting around for an email response, nor any excuse they couldn't "find" the lower rate you're claiming.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by BEAV
Hyatt and Expedia BRGs are handled/verified over the phone with a live agent. No waiting around for an email response, nor any excuse they couldn't "find" the lower rate you're claiming.
That would be the best solution. I asked the last BRG agent I spoke with if I could just call and have them verify finding the lower rate before I booked and filed the claim. Unfortunately, I was told no. Such an approach seems to make the most sense.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:17 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Sheraton FLL Beach Resort

Arrival Date: 01-20-2011
Departure Date: 01-21-2011
Room Type: traditional
Actual confirmed rate: $162.16 USD + taxes (wotif.com)

Rate on SPG.com: $199

took the 2000 points
Old Jan 24, 2011, 9:20 am
Formerly known as quyinhong

Programs: SPG-Plat HHonors-Gold IHG-RA US-CP
Hotel Name: Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg, Hotel Jagdhof
Arrival Date: January 19, 2011
Departure Date: January 20, 2011
Room Type: Classic with breakfast
Actual confirmed rate: 135 Euro including VAT
Number of Adults :1
Number of Children : 0
Number of Rooms : 1
Room Type : Classic Room
Starwood Brand Web Site Room Rate : 145 euro
Company room provider : Other Web Site
Other Company room provider :booking.com
Competing rate : 135 euro
Are the currencies of the Starwood brand Web site and the competing rate the same? : Yes
Comments : The rates on both sites includes breakfast. The rate on booking.com includes all taxes and fees.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 8:14 pm

Confirmed Sheraton Safari Orlando, Booking.com rate $69 SPG best rate $89. SPG was very quick and replied by Email in 2 hours. Booked at $69 rate and 2000 points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.