Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]

Old May 30, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WasKnown
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Dec 2016: 3 exceptional stays with Aman-like service and true luxury

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ue-luxury-1716

As of September 2021:

Breakfast is served as in-room dining
Spa is closed (seemingly permanently?)
Gym is open
Bar is open weekends until 11 PM
Print Wikipost

St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]

Old Sep 22, 2009, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I also stayed here this past weekend for Mrs. doodiedan's birthday (Sunday). I had 2 nights reserved for me and 1 night reserved for my brother and his wife (all 3 nights were FWN).

Since I really wanted to have a good weekend, I didn't want to leave a suite upgrade to chance. I started out by contacting the concierge to see what they could arrange for my wife. After numerous emails I decided that rose petals on the bed (were arranged in a heart shape), accompanied by some chocolate covered strawberries and a nicely placed Tiffany & Co present would do the trick. If you're wondering, I called the Tiffany & Co store in SF and bought the item from them and paid a $20 courier fee to have it delivered to the hotel.

Knowing that they would have to set all of this up prior to my arrival, if it wasn't in a suite, I wouldn't get one. So I contacted the front desk manager who said she would do her best to upgrade me to an Astor suite, but for a nominal charge, she would put me in a Metropolitan suite. Looking online, the price difference between the Astor & Metropolitan was about $300/night, so I was expecting something in that range. When she told me $100/night I jumped on it for both rooms.

When I arrived at the hotel and told them my name, they knew exactly who I was and were very excited to meet my wife. The concierge that helped me prior to arrival (gave me real time updates via email on when the Tiffany present arrived & when the room was set up) was also very helpful once we arrived. When my brother arrived at 10 am Saturday morning, his room was ready since it had been blocked for him and it was directly beneath our room.

I did receive my Plat amenity and a 4pm late checkout.

All said, we had a great stay and would probably stay there again.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot LTP, Hyatt Globalist
We just stayed here our for last FWNs and honestly, we were underwhelmed. The young woman who checked us in was lovely and upgraded us to a deluxe room on the 14th floor. This was the best available, as there were over 40 platinum guests there for the weekend in addition to some foreign dignitaries (with lots of police), all, I'm certain, vying for the same limited upgrades. To the credit of the employees, they would not divulge who the VIP's were (but to my annoyance).

The bathrooms were great, beds comfy and there were no dreaded dirty dishes in the hallways. The pool was outstanding.

The hotel was.....fine, just fine. We've had better experiences at the Palace and the St Francis. Nonetheless, we had an outstanding weekend......glorious weather, fabulous food and a fine time in a beautiful city.

Last edited by wcrhkd; Sep 28, 2009 at 7:51 am
Old Sep 29, 2009, 2:46 pm

Programs: 3 million miles LIFETIME PLT AADVANTAGE/LIFETIME SPG PLT!! 25 years member /PRESIDENT'S CLUB HERTZ
My Stay at ST REGIS SF SEPT 25 TO 28

I just got back from SF where I was for 3 nights at the ST REGIS....using my last 3 FWN got an great upgrade to
Room 1108 Metropolitan suite...
checked in at 2 pm had to wait 30 min for my suite ....
Great room and view. table for 6 in dinning room....large sofa ... bathroom amazing... bed very comfy...I love the Digital guest assistant to control lights /temperature/ make calls/ call the Buttler ...listen to my Ipod

got a nice gift from the GM a bottle of wine and chocolates... a late check out 4 pm...
got my PLT amenity...chocolate bar at turn down... every day 2 bottles of Evian water in room...

So strange the St Regis SF does not use cloth laundry bags in room like at St Regis Monarch Beach... I think plastic laundry bags are so NOT GREEN
At least newspaper was not in a stupid plastic bag hanging at my door every day like at Monarch beach St Regis but delivered by the buttler with my coffee...
Dominick his name was AMAZING....he made my stay a very special one as Julie who was at front desk who I have known for years fromt he Palace SF is so GREAT

The pool was not open 24 hours a day like is says on the web site....
the car service with 3 miles for free is now an Audi no more Bentley and not easy to get as it is only from 6.30 pm to 10 pm first come first serve

Bar Ame very chic and nice and great drink prices....

Gym so nice and clean with fruits and water in fridge and magazines....

I really enjoyed my stayed there one of my best choice of hotels in SF for now...
Old Sep 29, 2009, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
The pool was not open 24 hours? When was it closed?
Old Sep 29, 2009, 6:59 pm

Programs: 3 million miles LIFETIME PLT AADVANTAGE/LIFETIME SPG PLT!! 25 years member /PRESIDENT'S CLUB HERTZ
Originally Posted by kevino
The pool was not open 24 hours? When was it closed?
no on weekend the pool closed at 10 30 pm

i did asked the buttler and the front desk...not sure why??

also the terrace on the 9th floor was closed after 2 30 pm as well
not good on a warm sunny day like saturday sept 26th ...as i wanted to be on the lounge chair to relax.... could not do it....
Old Sep 30, 2009, 11:02 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by ctouchard
no on weekend the pool closed at 10 30 pm
They had a sign at the pool on Sunday morning when I got there (it was open), saying it was closed from 10:30pm Sat night to 6am Sun for maintenance-- it's not normally closed then... you got unlucky.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Sep 30, 2009 at 2:23 pm Reason: Fixed quote tags
Old Oct 18, 2009, 12:10 am

Programs: QFF Plat; UA 1P; DL Gold; AA Gold; SPG Plat
Does anyone remember from previous years whether this property loads redemption room availability for the upcoming year very late? It's mid-October now and there's no points redemption inventory loaded beyond the end of December. I've been trying to book a room for May 2010 but neither the website nor Plat Concierge has been able to find any availability. Are they waiting to see if they get downgraded a Cat before deciding how many rooms to release or something?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 2:29 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by kzf8
Are they waiting to see if they get downgraded a Cat before deciding how many rooms to release or something?
I would not know if there will be a downgrade in Category for the year 2010 but most properties will not upload their rates until the end of quarter 4.

Therefore I believe the revenue management of SR San Francisco is not making any exceptions.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Oct 19, 2009, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Therefore I believe the revenue management of SR San Francisco is not making any exceptions.
Curious as every single other Starwood property in SF has loaded inventory already (ie. can book a Starpoints room for dates in May). SR is the only one with nothing loaded. In any case thanks for the info!
Old Oct 19, 2009, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Been there three times. All paid stays. Have received the Metropolitan suite each and every time.

BTW I much prefer the modern design of this St Regis over the DC or Singapore I have been to.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 2:51 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by kzf8
Curious as every single other Starwood property in SF has loaded inventory already (ie. can book a Starpoints room for dates in May). SR is the only one with nothing loaded...
Give it a whirl now and see if it works.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Oct 21, 2009, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Give it a whirl now and see if it works.
Great, it worked! Thanks so much.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 8:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I was looking at the suites for a future stay in which I need to hold a couple of small (3-4 people) meetings in my room. What I gather is that the only real major difference between the Astor and the Metropolitan suites is the fact that the Astor suites do not have a dinning table. Is this correct? Is the seating area in the Astor suite just the sectional and would this work for a meeting with just a couple of people? Price difference between the two suite types is huge...over $600 per night. I'm a SPG Plat. member but I need the suite so I am planning on booking one to guarantee at least the Astor and then hope for an upgrade to the Metropolitan.

I also looked at the W SF and the Fantastic Suites there could be another alternative. Has anyone stayed in one of those and if so how do they compare to the St. Regis suites? W Fantastic Suite is actually $60 more expensive per night than the St. Regis Astor.

Thanks in advance for any replies!
Old Dec 16, 2009, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EP
Astor Suite- 8th Floor

Here is a picture of the Astor Suite's living room. I've never had a Metropolitan Suite to compare.

Old Dec 16, 2009, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I've stayed in both many times. The Metropolitan suites have a much larger living room, with a dining table for 6 or so. There is plenty of space for a few people in both types of suites, but you may want to try to get the Metropolitan upgrade if you want to meet at a table rather than on a couch around the coffee table.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.