Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Europa & Regina, Venice, Italy, CLOSED for renovation Aug '18[Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Closing 10/1/18 for renovation.
Print Wikipost

Westin Europa & Regina, Venice, Italy, CLOSED for renovation Aug '18[Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2012, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
ER more quiet, and a tad further from annoying crowds. I was in Venice last week, had drinks at Danieli, but would prefer location of ER every single time. That said, wit no status and no chance for upgrade, why limit yourself to Starwood?
Because it will be free? or might do points & cash.
Thanks for the info--The Danieli is just the classic Venice hotel to me but I don't know anything about the ER so maybe will go that route.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Brutal heat last week. In terms of smell, I'd suggest Manila>Bangkok>Sao Paulo>Shanghai>Mexico City>Greely, Colorado>New York>Venice>Paris>Frankfurt>London. The heat might kill you, but there's no appreciable odor of which to speak.
Surely the >Venice> part kind of undermines the idea?

Thanks anyway for the warning. I chose Rome. It's beautiful (arrived this afternoon!).

/MHL
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: CO, AA, UA
I stayed at this property last week on points and have no status with SPG. The room was great...but the view was of a huge wall of the building next door. No biggie...I kinda expected that. Overall, the hotel is in a great location and in walking distance of San Marco square and grand canal. We had breakfast on the balcony one day and it was quite expensive...about 45 euro each for the buffet. My wife and just ordered a la carte items and made it out of there reasonably cheap. Overall, if I was in Venice again, I would definitely stay here.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: CO, AA, UA
Oh, and it was hot last week but really no major smell to speak of besides the hoardes of smelly people walking by!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by houstonhusker
Oh, and it was hot last week but really no major smell to speak of besides the hoardes of smelly people walking by!
Unfortunately this August is the hottest on record in the North-East of Italy. Not much that the hotel can do about that
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
[QUOTE=Forstbetrieb;19080281]
Originally Posted by kaysquare
Forstbetrieb preupgrade you mean using SNA? Or the standard preupgrade?[/QUOused

Preupgrade, no SNA was used.
Preugrade to a better room not a suite though... SNA is for suites (generally).
Stayed twice in May (2009 & 2011) both times preupgarded to city view Premium Deluxe rooms (once with balcony with partial water view) very large, renovated, etc but still not suites... Tried to negotiate -- no avail...

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...sId=1010133222
Old Dec 5, 2012, 3:02 pm

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Got a preupgrade to onebed deluxe suite. But, I have to cancel my reservation because I changed my flight schedule due to heavy snow this weekend. Thanks, though. it seems very nice bi-level suite.. what a deal..
Old Dec 6, 2012, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OneWorldTraveller
Got a preupgrade to onebed deluxe suite. But, I have to cancel my reservation because I changed my flight schedule due to heavy snow this weekend. Thanks, though. it seems very nice bi-level suite.. what a deal..
There is going to be some snow- heavy snow I don't think so- it should be very nice actually with a little bit of disruption- as long as you are not driving somewhere like Milano or need to take a high speed train you should be OK.

Venezia in the snow is magical (if a little bit slippery- wear good boots!).
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Hello everyone, here is my review of the Westin Europa Regina. I wrote this on my blog and also made a ghetto walkthrough film of the hotel .

We arrived to the hotel by foot, weaving through tourists and high-end shopping stores instead of by boat. Checkin was quick, but they gave us a key card that did not work. We had to exchange the key card for an old fashion key. The hotel was nice with a vintage look and has its own private boat dock. However, we did not spend too much time in the hotel or eat there.

The hotel room was clean with a renovated bathroom. Like many European hotels, it was 2 twin beds pushed together. It was nice to finally have air conditioning again (our previous two stays in Cinque Terre and Florence only used electric fans). Since we were Starwood Gold members, we got a slightly bigger room, 2 bottles of water, and free internet. Unfortunately, we had a view of… a wall. Sorry, I can’t report on the free breakfast given to Starwood Platinum members. Enjoy this short budget clip of a tour of the hotel room.

Overall we enjoyed the hotel because it was clean, had air conditioning, and was in a perfect location. It was about a 3 minute walk from San Marcos square, where all the lively action was happening, and 3-5 minutes to the “bus” station. The hotel itself did not blow us away, but it was great by European standards.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 12:24 pm

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
There is going to be some snow- heavy snow I don't think so- it should be very nice actually with a little bit of disruption- as long as you are not driving somewhere like Milano or need to take a high speed train you should be OK.

Venezia in the snow is magical (if a little bit slippery- wear good boots!).
I'm very sad to see your posting after I got back home! As you said, I realized somewhat snow with Venezia is very romantic

Indeed, it was not quite snowy on Sat.. I regret I'm already at home!!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OneWorldTraveller
I'm very sad to see your posting after I got back home! As you said, I realized somewhat snow with Venezia is very romantic

Indeed, it was not quite snowy on Sat.. I regret I'm already at home!!
Next time!

Friday evening there was steady snowfall from around 19:00 until late.

Saturday was sunny if a bit brisk for temperature (hovering around 0-5 C).

Sunday the same as Saturday.

Today beautiful and cold (-4 this morning).

Rumour is it will get much colder on Thursday- we will have to see. No snow anywhere as of now (all melted Saturday due to a lot of Sun).

Also beautiful weather for skiing and Cortina is only 2 hours from Venezia.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: SPG Gold
anyone recently statyed here? any changes from previous experiences?

We are gold and have "Premium room inner view" reservation.
I am thinking chances of getting even a partial Canal view are slim...

Anyone paid points for breakfast lately? Is it still 2k points per person?
worth it?

Thanks!
Old Aug 19, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by alik99
anyone recently statyed here? any changes from previous experiences?

We are gold and have "Premium room inner view" reservation.
I am thinking chances of getting even a partial Canal view are slim...

Anyone paid points for breakfast lately? Is it still 2k points per person?
worth it?

Thanks!
As Gold you may still get Canal view -- one class upgrade, especially now in August when lagoon is generally smelly and many people are on holdidays away from large cities. Most like these romms will be very small though (premium inner city are very large). Tiny balconette: see pictures 5 and 7: https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...sId=1010133222
Old Aug 19, 2013, 11:19 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Spasibo Medved!

small room might be worth it for the view, will try

any info on breakfast?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by alik99
Spasibo Medved!

small room might be worth it for the view, will try

any info on breakfast?
Nezashto.
I don't remember -- it was €45 p.p.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.