Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Columbus Ohio Sheraton Suites [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Columbus Ohio Sheraton Suites [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2005, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ozark Airlines--Lifetime Platinum, Braniff---Diamond, Eastern--Plutonium Motel 6--Guest of the Month
Arrow Columbus Ohio Sheraton Suites [Master Thread]

Anybody have any current stays here?
What type of shape is the facility in...etc
Old Feb 16, 2005, 5:35 pm
jjj

Hotel is in pretty good shape. If your platinum you typically get a club level. It is nice to have the larger rooms. I have also stayed at the ressidents inn but it is to close to railroad and is not a full service. Best bet for this area. JAlexanders has great ribs (10 minute walk or 1 minute drive). Although there are about 10 great restaurants within a mile.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I was there last night. The facilities seemed relatively new (although it may be in comparison to the Columbus Westin I'm in tonight), the restaurant breakfast was nice, the gym was mightly small, but the pool looked nice.

I went to the "Club Floor" - 9, which required key acces, but there was no Club that I could find.

I wouldn't call it fancy or elaborate, but it was perfectly fine.

It was a bit pricy - $40 more than what I usually pay at the Marriott down the road, and $30 more than the Westin, but I need to get those spg stays in...
Old Feb 18, 2005, 4:26 pm

Have stayed here several times in the past few months. Did not seem anything special one way or the other. Was OK, but expensive for the product. Didn't notice any difference between club level rooms and regular rooms, and was no club lounge.

One night in January I returned to my room and discovered it had no heat- I stole covers from the other bed.

Last edited by ronin; Feb 18, 2005 at 4:29 pm
Old Jun 2, 2005, 11:45 am

As a gold, there appeared to be no upgrade for my stay this week.

The room was in pretty bad shape -- it looked like a coke exploded in the room relatively recently. But there were also hairs all over the bed sheets, broken doors, damaged furniture (including a giant cig hole in our non-smoking room). The common areas seemed much better, but still a little worn.

We were in the room only to sleep, so I didn't invoke the promise. I wouldn't stay there again, though.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 4:43 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
$99 this past Friday night didn't seem too expensive. As plat was upgraded to club floor, really didn't care about that, was impressed more with the free breakfast ^ as a plat, brought back my Hilton days.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 11:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
An update regarding this hotel...

We stayed at this hotel last night. According to the front desk, all suites have been renovated. Lobby and restaurant renovations will come next.

Suites had the new Sheraton feel and were perfectly nice.

Our "club room" rate (which didn't apparently include a room on the "club floor") included breakfast. Staff in the restaurant was pleasant, but the quality and quantity of the food on the baby buffet was pretty poor. If I had paid the going rate for breakfast ($15 or $16?), I would have been mighty disappointed.

All in all though, staff was nice, and I would stay at this hotel again.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 2:08 pm

Programs: HHonors Dia, Priority Club Plat, Marriott, SPG, Htz Gold
Had a weekend stay on points at this property. Construction is still ongoing. Awakened by hammering at 7:30 a.m. on a Saturday, I called the front desk. The front desk clerk was apologetic but no one ever told the hammerer to stop. Got out of bed at 8:15 (I kept waiting for someone to tell the guy to stop pounding), went down to the business center and made a reservation at the Easton Hilton. As I was checking out, I told the apologetic clerk that I would not be staying the second night and that I would like the unused points credited to my account. He also offered 3000 points for my inconvenience. Guess what? No "inconvenience points" and no usused credit points ever showed back up in my acount despite numerous emails to SPG.

Ditto on the breakfast comments. I hate to complain about something that comes free but I sure would hate to have paid for that breakfast.

There are lots of nice Starwood properties - this is not one of them right now. Perhaps when the construction id complete it will be.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 2:02 pm

Headed here again this weekend. I was assured by the front desk that construction on all the rooms is complete and the only work being done is small work on the common areas on the ground level. Hope so!
Old Aug 14, 2006, 7:33 am

This place is back on track. Renovations are complete, the property looks good, staff was friendly and helpful and the weekend rate was great ($89).
Old Aug 14, 2006, 8:19 am

Programs: AA Lifetime GLD, SPG Lifetime GLD
Originally Posted by smithit
Headed here again this weekend. I was assured by the front desk that construction on all the rooms is complete and the only work being done is small work on the common areas on the ground level. Hope so!
Front desk is correct -- I'm there typically 5-6 nights a month and will be back there tonight. Renovations of the rooms are complete -- but strangely no upgrade to the TVs - that would have been nice. The property was in need of the updates.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 3:08 pm

Any recent stays here?

I am only gold, am thinking of paying an extra $18 for executive suite with free breakfast. Wife is with me, is it worth it? Do they have a lounge now, or just breakfast in restaurant? Thanks
Old Dec 10, 2007, 6:22 am

Programs: UA-1K, CO-Elite, SPG-Platinum, Hertz 5*
Its just breakfast in the restaurant...nothing great. Eggs/pancakes/potatoes some fruit and cold cereal. The only reason I've eaten there is because of the coupon. You're probably better off hitting one of the local places around the area. The hotel is great though, I stay there quite often and the staff is very good.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 12:32 pm

I stay at this property two or three times a year. Nothing great but consistently quiet and clean. The breakfast buffet is mediocre at best but its free and it works if you're hungry. Was there Saturday night and will probably stay again in Jan.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 7:33 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Marriott, Hertz #1 Club
Sheraton Suites Columbus Trip Report

I just finished a stay in the Sheraton Suites Columbus (actually 2 separate stays for a bit of a mattress run) and thought there was not enough information on flyertalk on this useful starwood option without its own master thread.

The hotel is about a 15 minute drive from the airport and can be spotted from the highway. It is a lot of meandering turns off the highway, so try to keep your bearings, but you should be able to find it.

The parking is free^! I know that is not a big deal for most, but after spending $20 for overnight parking at the Westin Columbus, the free parking should be considered when comparing rates.

I was greeted at the front desk as a platinum, offered the platinum amenity (rather standard choice of 500 points, a free movie and an option for a beer and popcorn I believe) and given a suite on the top floor ( one of 3 SPG floors). To be honest, there may have been no upgrade other than a high floor because the Sheraton is an all suites hotel.

The lobby was clean and looked inviting. There was a Sheraton Link with a few computers for people to use the internet. A small bar area looked useful if you were in the mood for a beer or wanted some company to watch the sporting event on the large screen TV.

The elevators were fine, but the hallways seemed a bit dingy. Nothing too bad and no smell, but looked like a good vacuuming may have been in order.

The rooms were nice. Pretty modern and nice furnishings with 2 flatscreen TV's. The suite was relatively small, but how often will you need a large suite in Columbus Ohio? The bed was large and comfortable. The bathroom was not as modern, but clean and welcoming. Overall, a pretty solid offering.

I was given a free breakfast voucher (just one as I was traveling alone - did not confirm if 2 would have been offered) which I used at the buffet near the lobby. The breakfast buffet would have cost $13.95 which would have been overpriced. But for a free breakfast there was a decent selection offered and quality was pretty good.

My second stay 2 nights later was a similar experience with a friendly greeting and a similar room, so there was definitely some consistency.

I had previously enjoyed my stay at the Westin Columbus, but wanted to try something different. Overall, not as much character as the Westin Columbus - more of a pure business hotel, but a nice one at that. The location of the Westin is in Downtown and may be better location for some, but if I am on a business trip and will be jumping on the highway, the Sheraton Suites will be my choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.