Westin Cincinnati [Master Thread]

Old Mar 9, 2004, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Arrow Westin Cincinnati [Master Thread]

I stayed for one night this week at this hotel, where I'd been several times before on business. The last time I was there (last summer) - I had just 'turned' platinum, but there was some sort of computer foul-up and the hotel didn't have a record of my status.

At check-out that previous time, I was told to simply request a suite the next time in town and it would be taken care of. I'm usually only here for one night so its not that big a deal, but prior to arrival I called to "request" my suite, as I'd been told to do.

The front desk person with whom I spoke was very nice, but informed me that the best they had available was a Fountain View King, as their "Ohio Suites" were all sold out. Didn't seem like a big deal to me, but then she told me to just hold on while she tried something else.......

I was given a room on the 16th floor, that she said was just as nice as the "Ohio" suites, and she was sure I'd like it.
It turns out that I had the "Fountain Square Suite", with sign inside the entry way to a 7 (count 'em - 7!) room suite which said that President Bush had stayed in this room during April 1990.

Her willingness to help and her attitude about going the extra mile for this plat member was "rewarded" with a phone call and letter to the GM in praise of his employee, and my promise that if I stay in Cincinnati again, it will absolutely be at this hotel (suite or not!)

Its nice to know that despite all the complaining that gets done about upgrades, sometimes we get lucky.....and this was truly an experience to remember. I hope that many others of you get the same type of experience every time you travel!!

Best wishes, Dave
Old Mar 9, 2004, 4:41 pm

That's great, glad it worked out for you.. I stayed there maybe a couple dozen times over the last year, all as platinum, never once got a suite. Ended up taking my business over a block to the Hilton, where gold status always got a decent upgrade.
Old Apr 14, 2004, 11:27 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Nice Stay

I was there a week ago for a one night stay on the Monday of the Red's opener. As a Gold I was upgraded to a corner room on the 14th floor. Big room with a sitting area. The bed was the usual great Westin bed. The rest of the room was nice, but a little dated. The front desk staff was amazingly friendly and helpful, and offered a late check-out.

I ordered room service and the pizza was surprisingly good, overall a decent meal.

The pool was cool, the fitness center was good, I didn't eat in the restaurant.
Old Apr 14, 2004, 2:47 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Like Ronin, I had many stays there that never resulted in a suite upgrade. Best I got was one of those large corner rooms; downside to that room was the TV stand was broken so the TV wouldn't swivel to the sitting area, so still had to sit in bed to watch TV!
Old Apr 14, 2004, 4:32 pm

An suite upgrade here wouldn't be anything significant -- the corner rooms mentioned above are HUGE and bigger than one suite I received here (minus the wall dividing the two rooms).

I agree that the rooms are otherwise dated, but overall the staff seems great and the rates can be low on weekends. Rates can really run high, though, when the Reds or Bengals are playing homes games or during conventions or other special events.
Old May 17, 2004, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by bseller
The front desk person with whom I spoke was very nice, but informed me that the best they had available was a Fountain View King, as their "Ohio Suites" were all sold out. Didn't seem like a big deal to me, but then she told me to just hold on while she tried something else.......

I was given a room on the 16th floor, that she said was just as nice as the "Ohio" suites, and she was sure I'd like it.
It turns out that I had the "Fountain Square Suite", with sign inside the entry way to a 7 (count 'em - 7!) room suite which said that President Bush had stayed in this room during April 1990.
Another big ^ from me too.

In town last Saturday night on cheapo $109 rate. checked the website Saturday morning and saw that I was was pre-upgraded to a Fountain Square View Corner king. At checkin (4pm) was told it wasn't clean yet. I prodded (just a little) and was rewarded with the same GHWB Slept Here Fountain Square Suite.

Terrific room and a great stay. Praise letter to the GM will be sent tomorrow.
Old May 17, 2004, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
I've always wanted to stay at this location but our corporate rate at the Cincinnatian is always considerably less, so I usually opt to stay at the Marriott North or South (oot addresses so I can "escape" from the corporate preferred). Hopefully someday I'll get to and will keep those corner rooms in mind! (Weekends aren't an option for me as I stay with friends)
Old Jul 23, 2004, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5MM, DL DM, Bonvoy Titanium, Avis CHM, National VIP
good experience too

Staying at Westin Cincinnati tonight - as a Gold on a $99 rate, got upgraded to the big Fountain Square view Luxury King...Great room, big sitting area with sofa and 2 chairs, big desk.. Decor is very up to date. Friendly bartender and crowd in the bar - very pleased with this stay!

Only 4 more stays and I'll make Plat for the first time - should happen in August!
Old Feb 10, 2010, 11:14 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Southwest RR, AA
There's no Westin Cinci master thread or link to it in the "hotels by State" listing. Can someone take care of that?

Regarding the hotel... why the H is it so expensive? It's a Cat3, in Cincinnati where classier hotels are regularly $120/nt the Westin is $189! Everytime I go to Cincinnati I call to speak to management and let them know how out of line they are. I always get the "we don't compare price points" line. They still have tube TVs on the Preferred floor!

Rates for 2/24-25 (two weeks out at this point)
Cincinnatian Hotel - $134
Hyatt - $119
Westin - $189
Old Jul 9, 2011, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by savedsol
There's no Westin Cinci master thread or link to it in the "hotels by State" listing. Can someone take care of that?

Regarding the hotel... why the H is it so expensive? It's a Cat3, in Cincinnati where classier hotels are regularly $120/nt the Westin is $189! Everytime I go to Cincinnati I call to speak to management and let them know how out of line they are. I always get the "we don't compare price points" line. They still have tube TVs on the Preferred floor!

Rates for 2/24-25 (two weeks out at this point)
Cincinnatian Hotel - $134
Hyatt - $119
Westin - $189
Bumping an older post - rates are this property are insane for a Cat 3. My 2 day stay next week has only dropped a bit recently to $240 No relief on the AAA rate either. Good thing I have a corp. code that makes the cost respectable.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 6:58 pm

Programs: US Chairmans, AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Platinum
I am in the hotel now, it is pretty much an average Westin. I am in a fountain square luxury room which seems a bit bigger than standard rooms. Everything is pretty much blah, ordinary, but perfectly OK. Valets and bellmen were enthusiastic. Location is good/great but I would not pay a premium to stay here even as SPG plat.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dankyone
I am in the hotel now, it is pretty much an average Westin. I am in a fountain square luxury room which seems a bit bigger than standard rooms. Everything is pretty much blah, ordinary, but perfectly OK. Valets and bellmen were enthusiastic. Location is good/great but I would not pay a premium to stay here even as SPG plat.
Here too! This place reminds me of the Westin Denver Downtown (aka Tabor Center), except not as nice and cool right around it w/restaurants and bars. No fun getting hit up for $ the second you step out the door either.

But there's a SBUX a block away, always a big plus in my book.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 7:46 pm

Programs: US Chairmans, AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Platinum
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Here too! This place reminds me of the Westin Denver Downtown (aka Tabor Center), except not as nice and cool right around it w/restaurants and bars. No fun getting hit up for $ the second you step out the door either.

But there's a SBUX a block away, always a big plus in my book.
Amazing, I was going to say the place reminded me of the DEN Tabor Center Westin. Nice, but not distinctive.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt DMD
Got a fully refundable rate of $239 for Superbowl weekend (Indy is only 120 miles away). Best rate in Indy was a Motel 6 for $700!

Go Pats!
Old Feb 21, 2012, 8:47 pm

Ive stayed here twice in the last 6 months and both times I have been SPG Plat and not given any sort of upgrade. Even when I point out at check in that I can go online to SPG.com and book every type of higher level room and suite right then and there, they look at me with a straight face and say there are no higher level rooms available.
Probably wont come back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.