Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Rumor: New benefits for Platinum and Gold, incl. breakfast

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:51 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb

According to the front desk manager where I am currently staying, SPG is rolling out new benefits for platinum and gold members starting March 1.

Platinum - complimentary breakfast. ^ Actual offering is varied based on brand. For example, certain brands will only offer continental breakfast due to the lack of an on-site restaurant.

Gold - Amenity points (250/125 based on brand), and something extra (e.g., complimentary beverage)

Supposedly the memo was sent to properties earlier this week.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PTahCha
According to the front desk manager where I am currently staying, SPG is rolling out new benefits for platinum and gold members starting March 1.

Platinum - complimentary breakfast. ^ Actual offering is varied based on brand. For example, certain brands will only offer continental breakfast due to the lack of an on-site restaurant.

Gold - Amenity points (250/125 based on brand), and something extra (e.g., complimentary beverage)

If true, this would definitely peak my interest and I'd shift a few more nights over to SPG from Marriott for work stays. We've been waiting awhile for this...
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:18 am

Programs: AC E, *A G, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, Porter Points
Originally Posted by PTahCha

That would be nice. There is another thread already discussing this
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
Like the idea a lot, if true and also like including some more benefits for Golds
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:46 pm

Yeah, works for me, but I'm not going to count my 250 points until something is confirmed. Rumours are cheap
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:48 pm

Wow excellent news.

I have a weeklong stay starting March 1st in a very nice European property
Old Jan 11, 2012, 1:22 pm

Already a long thread on this rumor.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, Marriot Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Probably due to all the threads on FT about the lack of breakfast for Plat. This would be a very nice touch to the program.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Interesting.

I have no problem the program being what it is without breakfast but have made a booking today with Amex FHR for the SLS as it was exactly the same as my corporate rate and guaranteed me breakfast and a potential room upgrade (beyond it would appear a select standard suite), plus additional F&B credit. All in it would have been crazy to book direct with SPG.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
If memos already sent out, maybe the Lurkers can comment??
Old Jan 11, 2012, 2:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
I think there was another thread about this, and I have heard the same rumor from another hotel. I really hope it is free breakfast at all brands. The value at certain hotels like the Luxury Collections, W and St Regis would be huge!

At the moment I am keeping platinum with both Marriott and SPG mainly due to wanting breakfast every now and then. If this comes to fruition I will drop Marriott in a heartbeat.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ehud
Wow excellent news.
+1

Should help them be competitive with Hyatt (or maybe above them depending on your perspective).
Old Jan 11, 2012, 2:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz President's Club, VIA Premier
Funny...my girlfriend was told about 2+ months ago by staff at a Westin that Golds would be getting an amenity gift in 2012. I was going to post something here and just yesterday was telling her, wow, good thing I didn't!

Then I see this thread...

I wonder if point or C&P stays would get the rumoured breakfast benefit?
Old Jan 11, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: spg gold, CO Platinum, MR Gold
Originally Posted by OMCA

I wonder if point or C&P stays would get the rumoured breakfast benefit?
why would it be different? all benefits are the same regardless of paid (unless you booked through opaque sites) or award stay.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 3:24 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Is it safe to assume that (if true), the breakfast would be for 2 people?

Would have liked to see free internet for Golds instead of the amenity points.

Last edited by yvr76; Jan 11, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.