Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Will there be a 2011 Double Stay Promo? (updated title)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Hi,

Does anyone know when the Nights count double Promotion starts? Last year it was from Oct-Dec 2010 but only limited to certain brands. Hoping that it is available soon and helps all Starwood brands.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 1:21 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SeoulTraveler13
Hi,

Does anyone know when the Nights count double Promotion starts? Last year it was from Oct-Dec 2010 but only limited to certain brands. Hoping that it is available soon and helps all Starwood brands.
You're assuming this is going to happen again this year. Which is in no way set in stone.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 1:47 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
They're actually doing a Triple Stay Credit promo. Unfortunately, there are zero participating properties.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 2:04 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Welcome to FT! There is a thread where Starwood Lurker (official Starwood representative) announced the triple points promo and in that thread he said he is not aware of any plans to offer a double stay promo this year. He said that doesn't mean there definitely won't be one, but he's not aware of one.

I wish they'd do one too.. I'm going to need a few more stays this year . The triple points program is extremely lame with the lack of participation of a ton of hotels.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
it doesn't look likely that a double stays promo will be offered this year....if its not then it would be the first time in about 5 years that its not been offered....
Old Sep 26, 2011, 5:41 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
They're actually doing a Triple Stay Credit promo. Unfortunately, there are zero participating properties.
Welcome ST13.

The above quote is a gross exaggeration of the facts. There are many properties not participating, but well under 33%.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 5:46 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Welcome ST13.

The above quote is a gross exaggeration of the facts. There are many properties not participating, but well under 33%.

And it is only valid on Sundays for check-ins after 1159pm but before Monday morning!

And we should all be happy "baaaaa-ing" as our flock moves towards the truck marked "to market"......
Old Sep 26, 2011, 8:13 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, United 1K, Star Alliance Gold
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/dealsw...num-challenge/

Here's a challenge offer...
Old Sep 26, 2011, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Welcome ST13.

i don't think Sam P. Goodman is referring to the double/triple points promo....he was being sarcastic about a triple stay promo....
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
There is a thread where Starwood Lurker (official Starwood representative) announced the triple points promo and in that thread he said he is not aware of any plans to offer a double stay promo this year. He said that doesn't mean there definitely won't be one, but he's not aware of one.
The aforementioned thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...triple-up.html

and post:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17024588-post245.html
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by Keyser
i don't think Sam P. Goodman is referring to the double/triple points promo....he was being sarcastic about a triple stay promo....
Glad it wasn't lost on everyone.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Glad it wasn't lost on everyone.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 3:55 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by Keyser
Apparently my sense of humor didn't make my current trip with me.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Apparently my sense of humor didn't make my current trip with me.
it happens to the best of us....
Old Sep 28, 2011, 2:14 pm

Programs: SPG PLATINUM HH GOLD BW DIAMOND
Arrow

I do hope they will do it... the triple point one is not working with many properties... I really do not like it...

Originally Posted by SeoulTraveler13
Hi,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.