Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

50% SPG Rack Rates in Hawaii/Tahiti for SPG members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2011, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond; AA: Exec Plat

Didn't see this posted anywhere else, but noticed it over the weekend via Twitter:
LINK

Explore active volcanoes, surf world-famous waves or simply bask in the sun of island paradise. SPG members are invited to espcape to six exotic Hawaiian and Tahitian islands and save 50% off* stays at 14 luxurious Sheraton, Westin, Luxury Collection, Le Meridien and St. Regis resorts. Reserve online or call 866-716-8141 and request rate plan SPG50PRO or contact your preferred travel professional. Offer valid on travel through June 30, 2012.

I booked a few nights at the St. Regis Princeville for next February and the rates were FANTASTIC compared to what I've been seeing. Discount only applies to the higher end rooms (Basically Ocean View and above).

T&C
Highlights...
  • Offer is valid at participating Starwood Hotels & Resorts in Hawaii and French Polynesia.
  • Offer is valid for stays booked and completed between August 19, 2011 and June 30, 2012. Guests must be a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest program in order to receive these exclusive rates. Become an SPG member now at SPG.com.
  • Advance reservations are required and must be made online or by calling 866-716-8141 and requesting Rate Plan SPG50PRO.
  • Listed starting from rates reflect a discount of 50% or greater off rack room rates and are only available only on select categories.
  • An eligible stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights paying a qualifying rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-in or check-outs that occur.
  • Rates are per room, per night, based on single/double occupancy and availability at time of reservation and do not include additional per room, per night charges that may be imposed or state/local taxes.
  • A limited number of rooms may be available at these rates.
  • Not to be combined with other offers or promotions and subject to change.

Last edited by geaux_tigers; Aug 29, 2011 at 11:08 am Reason: added promo text
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by geaux_tigers
I booked a few nights at the St. Regis Princeville for next February and the rates were FANTASTIC compared to what I've been seeing.
That's very unusual. When I check the dates we're going, I find this rate to be the same as or higher than the standard rates (assuming the rate is even available).
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
That's very unusual. When I check the dates we're going, I find this rate to be the same as or higher than the standard rates (assuming the rate is even available).
Agree it's pretty unsual. My rate for the Premium Ocean View is $450 and they had lots available in mid-Feb for $400 with an Ocean View. Cursory scan shows the best available rates for my same dates as $675+ for Premium and $575 for Ocean View... (and the SPG50PRO rates are deposit only/refundable, the others are advance purchase/nonrefundable)

Also used the code for the same trip for three nights in an Ocean Front at the Sheraton in Poipu Beach and saved about 30% over the best offer I could find elsewhere (even using a best rate guarantee).

Last edited by geaux_tigers; Aug 29, 2011 at 10:29 am Reason: added that the rates are refundable
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Cursory scan shows the same dates being $700+ for advance purchase... (and these rates are refundable)
That's interesting. I found the same $400 for advance purchase on the dates I was looking.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
That's interesting. I found the same $400 for advance purchase on the dates I was looking.
Are you looking at Ocean View and above? I see the $400 rate for Endless Escape in a Mountain View, but the rates go up to $575 for Ocean View (even w/ advance purchase).

Must be lucky with my dates, I guess!
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:33 am
Original Poster

I'm a lowly SPG Gold and wanted to ensure I get a great room for a special trip; these rates may not be the best option for Plats w/ an upgrade guarantee who can find a lower category room.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:46 am

Are you looking at Ocean View and above? I see the $400 rate for Endless Escape in a Mountain View
You're right. I missed that nuance. Good find.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 4:48 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA Gold
The standard AAA rate for a Tower Ocean View room at the Moana Surfrider in Honolulu was cheaper than the "discounted" SPG 50 rate that I found. YMMV.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thebutlerdidit
The standard AAA rate for a Tower Ocean View room at the Moana Surfrider in Honolulu was cheaper than the "discounted" SPG 50 rate that I found. YMMV.
Same for Westin at Kauai. I got the 50% off mailer multiple times for several weeks - never works for us as the AAA rate is quite a bit cheaper. 275 under the SPG50PRO versus 208 under AAA. On top of that, the SPG50PRO is prepaid while the AAA fully cancellable.

I feel the SPG50 is such a bad joke.

Last edited by Happy; Aug 31, 2011 at 12:36 am
Old Aug 31, 2011, 5:14 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
I have secured St Regis Bora Bora at 65,000CFP per night for a deluxe overwater bungalow, which is a rate I haven't seen there since just after opening in 2006. It equates to $650 per night at the traditional exchange rate.

And it's not pre-paid, there is just a refundable two night deposit.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DCF
I have secured St Regis Bora Bora at 65,000CFP per night for a deluxe overwater bungalow, which is a rate I haven't seen there since just after opening in 2006. It equates to $650 per night at the traditional exchange rate.

And it's not pre-paid, there is just a refundable two night deposit.
Awesome! There are some real values with this offer if you're locked in to getting a prime view/suite. And the fact that they are fully refundable makes it even better.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Happy
Same for Westin at Kauai. I got the 50% off mailer multiple times for several weeks - never works for us as the AAA rate is quite a bit cheaper. 275 under the SPG50PRO versus 208 under AAA. On top of that, the SPG50PRO is prepaid while the AAA fully cancellable.

I feel the SPG50 is such a bad joke.
I found that it really only works for a few of the properties in Hawaii - and couldn't get it to be a better deal for any of the Maui properties.

SPG50 is a pretty good deal for 2/3 of the Kauai properties though. And obviously some value in Tahiti as well. Prepaid deposit is not the same as Advance Purchase though...
Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:32 am

Programs: DL DM. EK Gold. UA1K. BA Silver. SPG Plat. HH. Diamond.
The St Regis is definately bang for your buck in Bora Bora! Great hotel! Awesome place! Enjoy!
Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oreo2222
The St Regis is definately bang for your buck in Bora Bora! Great hotel! Awesome place! Enjoy!
I seriously question this so called "bang for your buck" at St Regis (which IIRC doesn't even extend plat benefits) when you can easily book both ICs and Hilton with 40-50K points. But it's your money of course...
Old Aug 31, 2011, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL DM. EK Gold. UA1K. BA Silver. SPG Plat. HH. Diamond.
Hmmm, i still think it's a great deal because it's a deluxe overwater. To book with points a the Hilton, the OP has to be a HH member. Then again, i definately wasn't aware that one could book the same type of room for so little points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.