Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Westin Charlotte Facebook page giving away 1,000 points for photo/reaching 50 "likes"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Charlotte Facebook page giving away 1,000 points for photo/reaching 50 "likes"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2011, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium

Go to Westin Charlotte's facebook page and post a summer vacation photo. Get 50 friends to like it to earn 1,000 SPG points. I figure if we all post a photo there and we each like each other's, we can all help each other pick up 1,000 points.

Here's the FB link: http://www.facebook.com/thewestincharlotte

But, let's be sure to like each other's photos so we can all win
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Great idea! Just put (FT) in your post so we can recognize each other and help our FT friends! Mine is called:
Summer holiday at the Sheraton in Fuerteventura, Canary Islands, Spain. (FT)
and is posted on their Facebook page.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
The entry cost is too high for my blood...
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:52 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Agreed - I'm getting very tired of companies trying to get me to 'like' something so that they can spam me with advertisements
Old Jun 30, 2011, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Please be sure to like all of the (FT) photos, some only have one like right now. Thanks!
Old Jun 30, 2011, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA-GS,1.95MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorer
Not worth it in my book. Made the mistake once and was spammed for weeks afterwards.....
Old Jun 30, 2011, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL Plat AA Gold Airtran Elite HH Diamond Marriott Plat *Wood Plat
actually you don't have to "like" the westin charlotte for this one, so i don't think they will be able to spam you. you just have to get people to "like" yor picture. but who knows.

that being said, i'm in. Blue Palace, Crete (FT)

edit: you do have to like the westin charlotte to like another photo on their page. i guess i already liked them and didn't even remember... so they must not spam a lot.

Last edited by gte157q; Jun 30, 2011 at 8:31 pm
Old Jun 30, 2011, 2:44 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by gte157q
you just have to get people to "like" yor picture.
But you have to sigh up for FB and give them your SPG number.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Ive participated in Westin CLT's promotions in the past. I have never been spammed before. Occasionally, theyll post a photo or make a comment on their wall that shows up in my news feed, but I can hide them if I choose. This is an easy 1,000 points for people who are on Facebook. But, people have to like each other's photos. As it stands now, people are only liking their own and no one elses!
Old Jun 30, 2011, 3:41 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Seems like a lot of FTers are participating! Keep up the liking!
Old Jun 30, 2011, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

And dont forget to scroll down the list to like FTers who are at the bottom of the fan page. Westin Charlotte must love us now!
Old Jun 30, 2011, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
But you have to sigh up for FB and give them your SPG number.
I must be the only person with a fake facebook account. I have it set up to an ancient email address I rarely check, so I don't care if anyone spams the account.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by scotty00
I must be the only person with a fake facebook account.
Did you also give them a fake SPG account?

Some of us don't care about the SPAM, but simply don't want to see FB continue to exist. Even fake accounts support FB's existence by increasing their user count and allowing them to charge more for advertising, thus giving them more power and prolonging our agony.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 4:23 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Exactly how / where do you provide your SPG # to this Westin property / FB page?
Old Jun 30, 2011, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
And dont forget to scroll down the list to like FTers who are at the bottom of the fan page. Westin Charlotte must love us now!
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.