Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any Word on the Q2 2011 SPG Promo???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: SPG Plat, AA Plat, UA Silver, kettle everywhere else
Does "stay 3" mean 3 stays, or 3 nights? Bummer if it's stays... I hate hotel hopping.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 11:31 am

It has always meant stays before with FWN promos.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 2:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, Delta Plat, UA 1K, Avis Presidents
Originally Posted by uxb
Hilton has cash + points? Since when? Or better question... why? Their points are like Zimbabwean dollars.
I don't think it's been officially announced yet, but have also heard the rumors about Hilton's program improvements. Program sounds WAY better if it's true!

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...-on-their-way/
Old Apr 5, 2011, 3:20 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I gather that you did not participate in the Q1 promo? I believe that I earned a bit over 20,000 bonus points.
Yeah, but you know what the previous commenter meant. SPG promos once upon a time were crazy rich. One could bank serious points with a dozen stays. It was fun while it lasted. SIGH
Old Apr 5, 2011, 3:55 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by Cmon
I don't think it's been officially announced yet, but have also heard the rumors about Hilton's program improvements. Program sounds WAY better if it's true!

Thanks for the link. HH has been crappy for the better part of the last decade. I dunno if this change will bring me back though. SPG suits my needs right now.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by uxb
Thanks for the link. HH has been crappy for the better part of the last decade. I dunno if this change will bring me back though. SPG suits my needs right now.
Hilton is 100% adding enhanced awards to their program. You can see the new redemption offers here: http://dealswelike.com/2011/04/02/hi...d-award-stays/

I validated this with a customer service rep.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by DivMiler
I like promotions, but since when does the promotion become the norm?
It's been the norm for about five years or so, possibly longer.

It seems like every hotel loyalty program has some form of promotion going at (almost) any given time.

I'd guess that if you were to go back and count the days during a year when HH and SPG were running a bonus points/double points/double stay credit/etc. type promotion, you'd find that year-in year-out over the past five years, both programs had a broad-based promotion running more than 75% of the time.

To those who think "better economy = no promo" you clearly don't understand how the travel industry works. Hotels are almost as bad as airlines when it comes to chasing share to the detriment of profitability.

You can take it to the bank that if at least one major competitor of Starwood has a major promotion (and we already know that HH will), SPG will too!

Last edited by Herb687; Apr 5, 2011 at 4:21 pm Reason: spelling
Old Apr 5, 2011, 4:24 pm
uxb

Originally Posted by dealswelike
Hilton is 100% adding enhanced awards to their program. You can see the new redemption offers here: http://dealswelike.com/2011/04/02/hi...d-award-stays/

I validated this with a customer service rep.
I read both links just now. Hilton continues to rip off from SPG by changing up their search function to reflect the one SPG released last year. I like the idea of using points for upgrades to better rooms, but will it be for all better rooms, or some better rooms. That remains to be seen. Finally, not sure how long the C+P rates will last at those levels.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
I'd rather see HH continue to improve their program by "ripping off" good ideas from SPG than SPG just sitting on its laurels and living off the program's reputation from 10 years ago.

HH is improving and getting better while SPG is stagnating or getting slightly worse.

Originally Posted by uxb
I read both links just now. Hilton continues to rip off from SPG by changing up their search function to reflect the one SPG released last year. I like the idea of using points for upgrades to better rooms, but will it be for all better rooms, or some better rooms. That remains to be seen. Finally, not sure how long the C+P rates will last at those levels.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 4:53 pm
uxb

Originally Posted by Herb687
I'd rather see HH continue to improve their program by "ripping off" good ideas from SPG than SPG just sitting on its laurels and living off the program's reputation from 10 years ago.

HH is improving and getting better while SPG is stagnating or getting slightly worse.
I prefer my brand to be forward thinking (like SPG). I agree that there is some stagnation as of late, but I am confident the brains at corporate will think up something in no time.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:21 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, BA blue
So spg has to offer free breakfast!
Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: Delta splat ! SPG plat . Hyatt Diamond . UA 1P
so only choose the SPG hotels that do offer free breakfast, the bean-counting trolls will get the message sooner or later provided that others share your opinion
Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:45 pm

Programs: AC MM SE; SPG Plat; Hilton Gold
Talking

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I gather that you did not participate in the Q1 promo? I believe that I earned a bit over 20,000 bonus points.
it would be interesting to know how many did so well on this promo. I got only about bonus 5000 points (6 stays) but that was because i found the promo comparatively unatractive and did stays at priority club (where i have seldom stayed before) to crack the case.

Also its interesting the Q2 promo discussion has been hijacked by news of Hilton expected improvements which are spectacular if true.

WAKE UP SPG!!!

Last edited by ramsfan; Apr 5, 2011 at 7:46 pm Reason: to clarify i was talking bonus points
Old Apr 6, 2011, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Cmon

these improvements are great....sucks that i'm about ready to give up my hilton diamond status after this year....too few properties in the areas i travel to....
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by ramsfan
it would be interesting to know how many did so well on this promo. I got only about bonus 5000 points (6 stays) but that was because i found the promo comparatively unatractive and did stays at priority club (where i have seldom stayed before) to crack the case.
I don't stay at SPG properties much but I did stay one night last Friday and checked out on Saturday. My base points posted but I didn't get any bonus points from the promotion. How long should I wait to see if they post before I contact SPG?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.