Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Montreal Airport, YUL, Canada [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2011, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond

Noticed a sign on the hotel today, Looks that the former Hilton, then Wyndham and now rebranded Airport Montreal Hotel will become a Sheraton on April 1st.

Wyndham presence was really short (2 years?) which is unusual, typically that type of contract is signed up for longer run.

They say newly renovated rooms and suites (470 rooms) and some work at the building can be seen from the outside. SPG.com do not offer a Web link as now for this hotel. Just the opening date.

It will be interesting to follow what the offer will be , price range, lounge? etc...

For those interested.. actual web link: www.airportmontrealhotel.com

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Jan 5, 2013 at 10:07 am
Old Feb 19, 2011, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I remember this as a Hilton=never noticed the reflagging.
Thanks for the heads up!
Old Feb 19, 2011, 5:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
I remember this as a Hilton=never noticed the reflagging.
Thanks for the heads up!
I stayed once when it was a Hilton and it was dumpy- felt like an 80s ski lodge.

The aloft is my favorite YUL airport hotel so don't imagine I'll stay at the Sheraton unless the aloft is booked or way more expensive.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, AA ExecPlat
I asked an old friend of mine who was heading out to Montreal to let me know how his stay was at this location. And this is what he sent me. Umm, I censored some of the words and took out sentences that had nothing to do with the hotel.

"Dude, I'm never going to stay at that Sheraton. Had a long @$$ flight and I had to deal with this @!$% named Francise at the front desk. Hotel lobby was clean and looked like a Sheraton with a low end Hilton hiding inside. I'm staying at the Aloft or the Marriott at the airport, the bar looks nice there. Funny thing was is that the airline crew checking in at the same time was given the same service. They ended up leaving saying that they'd be filling a compliant. The shuttle lady was nice though. She was telling us the history of the hotel. 70's disco and calling it the "Donut" with cream in the middle (meaning the pool). Primary language is Frenchi here. It's really hot in the day and cool at night."

I'm still going to try this location out next week. I'll let you guys know how the stay went.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:34 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Club lounge is a joke here...

...its one section of the old buffet resto....hardly any food, just a mini fridge of drinks, brekkie pickings were scarce.....avoid this place, the aloft (not may fave either) is a better choice.
Actually with the exception of the Sheraton in Laval and the W I find most Montreal *wood properties are slipping in quality.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by HomerJ
....avoid this place, the aloft (not may fave either) is a better choice.
+1
A lot cheaper, friendly staff.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Its Google Maps Satellite View makes it very very intriguing especially since none of its StarwoodHotels.com photos suggest that donut shape. I Googled for
Old Mar 12, 2012, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Richard Chen
Google Maps Satellite View[/url] makes it very very intriguing especially since none of its StarwoodHotels.com photos suggest that donut shape. I Googled for
Unless it has undergone major renovation, it is indeed donut shaped.
However, the new in terminal Marriott beats any other airport hotel hands down.
15 minutes to your gate, 5-10 minutes with NEXUS.

Last edited by SFO777; Mar 12, 2012 at 4:57 pm
Old Mar 12, 2012, 4:56 pm

We had a great stay here a couple weeks back. Nice property, good lounge, excellent food. Perhaps it has been renovated since some of the posts above? Service was terrific as well. YMMV I guess.

Cheers,
Old Jan 4, 2013, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Is the lounge still a section in the restaurant, or is it the same area that Hilton used to use as a lounge (in the tower section)? Are alcoholic drinks complimentary? I only ask because this is in the description for the club rooms.

Beer/wine evening hors d'oeuvres offered
Old Jan 4, 2013, 7:13 pm

Programs: none...at the moment!
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Is the lounge still a section in the restaurant, or is it the same area that Hilton used to use as a lounge (in the tower section)? Are alcoholic drinks complimentary? I only ask because this is in the description for the club rooms.
There is the club lounge that is separate from the restaurant and very well stocked in FREE beer and wine...and the usual non alcoholic choices...the hors-d'oeuvres are OK but repetitive...Rooms are great! And so far always upgraded

There is also a separate "Lounge" across from the front desk...but this is more as a normal bar...with WiFi...Hope this helps!
Old Jan 4, 2013, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GTIgirl
There is the club lounge that is separate from the restaurant and very well stocked in FREE beer and wine...and the usual non alcoholic choices...the hors-d'oeuvres are OK but repetitive...Rooms are great! And so far always upgraded
There is also a separate "Lounge" across from the front desk...but this is more as a normal bar...with WiFi...Hope this helps!
Where exactly is that club lounge? All I saw was the Lounge/Bar area and the regular restaurant. Agree that the hotel is now very good... unless you have to check in right after a tour bus arrives and the SPG counter is blocked.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 7:16 am

Programs: none...at the moment!
Originally Posted by SFO777
Where exactly is that club lounge? All I saw was the Lounge/Bar area and the regular restaurant. Agree that the hotel is now very good... unless you have to check in right after a tour bus arrives and the SPG counter is blocked.
Go straight in front of the FD, turn left walk about 30 meters and it will be on your left hand side. FD is quite willing to direct you there as well, but you do need access via your room key.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
No Complaints--Well, the Elevators are Small

The room was exactly like the last two or three Sheraton rooms I've had, but in an airport hotel you have never been to before that is good not bad. Room was clean. Room was quiet. Bedding was good. The bar and restaurant was spacious, open, and light and an appealing place to wind down after three or four hours in the air. I'd book it again.

Last edited by jayer; Aug 25, 2013 at 5:36 pm
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz President's Club, VIA Premier
Recent Stay Report

Had a pretty good stay here this past weekend. It's a category 2 now so that peaked my interest.

Surprised to see such a nicely remodelled lobby, restaurant and lounge. The lounge offerings in the evening included free beer and wine. There were warm peeled shrimp in garlic butter and mini-quiche, vegetables with dip, cheese and crackers and some cold cuts. In the morning, there were hard boiled eggs, the usual continental fare as well as warm home fries and grilled mushrooms (separate items).

Was upgraded to a suite, which was nice, especially given that it was a C&P redemption. The furnishings, fixtures and finishes are all updated and nice.

On the downside, the salt-water pool is only open 3pm - 9pm weekdays. Also, I found the cleanliness to be subpar throughout the hotel. I hate seeing a hotel invest so much in capital, only to let the cleanliness slide. That's unfortunate.

Overall I'd stay there again in a heartbeat using points or C&P.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.